NotebookTalk

The new.....What are you "drinking" right now...with moar cloud!

kojack

I'm teetering on old fart territory.  I know my tolerance for B/S had dropped to nothing since I started working retail. People must think i'm an AHOLE! ha ha.  My other businesses are starting to pick up now, and I have gotten some great writing gigs so far with a couple of web development clients!

Oh, tonight's menu is a few glasses of wiser's 10 year barrel aged whisky, and a couple of runs of comatose strain!  My shipment shows up tomorrow and I am going to be baked the entire day! ha ha giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vy2eayttdwi9vuc94k

Edited by kojack
  • Haha 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

Mission Acomplished!!!!!!!

weed-ted.gif

• Bump 1

2 hours ago, kojack said:

Mission Acomplished!!!!!!!

weed-ted.gif

i was honestly scared you got the wrong strain and was praying for the bomb weed. well don sir plus rep

• Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Ha ha.  The massively funny thing is all growing up I would never do Cannabis in any form.  it was illegal and I treated it that way.  I like freedom more than a buzz.  Then when it did become 100 percent legal here, I was really freakin stressed out over some things, and the wife said...goto the store and get something FFS!  ha ha. 

Tried it and felt the calm and relaxing sensations flow over me!  It was then I swapped alcohol and hangovers with Cannabis and CALM.  It also helps with all the squirrels running around in my brain all day as well.  Having ADD, and I am thinking the Hyperactivity as well...It really helps with that and chronic pain too!  The younger me raced MX and SNO-X so I have arthritis in my neck and all that pain goes away after a few hits.  

No such thing as the wrong strain,  just better than others.  Like beer.  Good and Gooder...ha ha.  I only have 1 or 2 beer an evening now, if that.  Most times it's flavored sparkling water with zero calories. 

• Like 1

what would jesus do is what i always ask myself. im sure hes in heaven smoking ak-47 with loved ones

check it out

AK-47, also known as "AK," is a sativa-dominant hybrid marijuana strain that mixes Colombian, Mexican, Thai, and Afghani varieties.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I got massively Fed up the other night.  Took 10 good hits from my Tom Ford Pink Kush oil vape.  OMG.  That was too high!  ha ha.  kojackwife never knows when I am high or not.  She can't tell...until that time.  She knew then.  I was twitchy, on edge, didn't know what I was going to do with myself.  Note to self...10 is too much! 4 is comfortable.  

Bad part is knowing you are way to high, and powerless to fix it.  just have to ride it out and comedown after two or three hours.  All the rest of my new stuff is top notch too!

• Bump 1

Oh, Ryan,

I have had AK47 on a few occasions and it's great!

• Like 1

Should have changed the thread to BOB Marley lives.

I'm currently drinking Pabst Blue ribbon and pray to god I don't post after this comment as I'm on thin ICE here on NBT. People are super nice to me but im being cornered lol. all over the comment ironically to my friend @kojack. sigh after 1400 posts and 1200 reps you think i'd be safe, but I guess I was out of line. Hard to feel sorry because I was drinking as do alot of us. sometimes we say the darndest things whistl drinking.

K im out. fleeing from Darth Vader in jedi fallen order.

• Confused 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

What comment was that?

about the S posting in a thread. maybe im just crazy lol. but I got warned a few times for protecting the comment about Mr fox but can we move on. we are all friends and its all good. I appologise for the attack. It's just that I respect everyone and don't like friends being put down. we are all entiltled to our opinions

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

about the S posting in a thread. maybe im just crazy lol. but I got warned a few times for protecting the comment about Mr fox but can we move on. we are all friends and its all good. I appologise for the attack. It's just that I respect everyone and don't like friends being put down. we are all entiltled to our opinions

Ha ha, Can't even remember that.  that's how much I hold on to things...all good!

AWESOME. thats cool man, i'm glad you don't care. After I said it I instantly regretted it and could not back down lol. kinda  foot in mouth situation

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 1 month later...

So, this old man is having some chronic back and knee pains the past few weeks, and a migraine hit the other morning. Guess what. Cannabis works on ALL of it.  I have basically quit drinking. I cannot handle hangovers, headaches the overall crap feeling I get when I am waking up the next morning. I have started drinking non alcoholic beers, cocktails etc.  They are pretty decent. The only time I have a beer or drink is if we are out to supper I may have one beer, or a glass of wine.  Other than that, it's the non alcoholic stuff or bubly water.

• Thumb Up 1

this thread is titled what are you drinking, not smoking but I guess every thread is a chat box off topic. Im having an Olde english bottle. its got a pleasing full bodied taste I highly recommend if your on a tight budget.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

It's all good Ryan. I had a good new strain last night, Even Keel by Oceanic.  Grown in Newfoundland, very mild and relaxing. chilled all the way. Topped it off with a couple of 2 Crows sour beers.  Also quite yummy!

• Thumb Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose my last purchase belongs in this thread as much as the "last purchase" thread... went out with some friends tonight and had a couple good wheats, the watermelon wheat beat the hefe, which is unusual, and an excellent stout, the Brew Dog Jet Black Heart.  The latter being the one I had tried previously and knew was one of my favorites.  It's amazingly smooth, I wish it were easier to find at the stores.

Also had a sour, but it didn't match up to the key lime sour at my favorite local place.  Which is unfortunately nearly kegged out, but the rumor is the cucumber sour is next on tap and I missed that last year so I'm curious to try it.

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

Drinking a glass of El Jimador. Been a long and tiring week.

• Bump 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 4 weeks later...

Broke out some of the scotch for the first time in a long time.  Port Charlotte.  Despite being "heavily peated", it's actually less peated that the Laphroaig or Ardbeg that I'd typically go for.  Really, what that means is, "heavily peated for what a sane person would choose" rather than "as much peat as possible!".

Once I re-calibrate my peat meter, it's actually pretty good.  I think I've been underappreciating this one due to being used to the peat being so on-the-taste-bud that it's impossible to miss, but there is some merit in being a bit more subtle and letting the other flavors have the presence be noticeable as well.

Single-malt Islay remains my favorite.  I remain fascinated that an island of just over 3000 people can have such a well-known world-class product.

• Like 1
  • Bump 2

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

Drinking this.....Japanese sure don't understand the english language....(HINT: say Calpis very fast)

calpis.thumb.jpg.002d20907e282ef6247f9d7408f1e2f5.jpg

• Haha 3

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The watermelon sour sounds awesomely interesting. I have been partaking in N/A beers and spirits lately as the hangovers are BRUTAL lately.  Sign of getting old.  One wonderful thing cannabis does. NO hangy....also, you always have your "wits" about you. Not like when you are really drunk where you just flop all over the place.  ha ha.  

• Haha 1

its funny but when weed was illegal I smoked it like snoop. now its legal and I dont touch it...oh the irony.

my dad wants me to try weed to see if it helps me out in a variety of ways, but im just not interested even though I know it can help mood/sleep/and alieviate pain

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, kojack said:

NO hangy....also, you always have your "wits" about you. Not like when you are really drunk where you just flop all over the place.  ha ha.  

I was exact opposite in my troubled youth. I couldnt think straight when stoned. Too disjointed.

I like to have the illusion of control at all times so I fought that disjointed feeling and had bad experiences.

When drunk I could still think "coherently".........or maybe a better description would be "in a linear fashion, one thought following on and flowing to the next".

Sure maybe I never had the best ideas when drunk but at least they made sense at the time :classic_laugh:

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC