NotebookTalk

Everyone who's purchased Asus laptops in the past 3 years. How have they been holding up? I am close to buying some.

kojack

I am looking at getting new laptops for the wife and I.  I am looking seriously at getting asus systems for us instead of our current dell systems. I want to know how Asus systems have been holding up for the past few years. I had issues with them previously and swore I would never buy again because of their lack of warranty commitment. 

Fast forward to today, and they are one of the only brands that I like for their designs, price and options.

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

• 3 weeks later...

I was in the same boat. I swore against msi and asus but ended up picking up two. the zenbook 14 oled(fav of all time) and the vivobook 15x oled. both have strengths and weaknesses but overall the zenbook is the perfect laptop if their is such a thing. the price is incredible for what you get and witha 4tb ssd upgrade its versatility is unmatched. it doesnt game very well but with geforce now I have all bases covered. as for battery life the dells are better, screen wise the oled zenbooks are bright and sharp at 2880x1800 and 90hz they just blow you away when you see them, the perfect gift for you and your partner. I have had 0 issues with my zenbook, no crashes no bluescreens no hardware issues in 6 months and it runs like its brand new which is a first. I honestly can't talk about how good it is enough, it just makes for such a appealing deal at 1000cad. id say pick up 2 and try them out and if they are not impressing you return them, also once you buy them without warranty you can add another year throught the asus app even after 11 months of use.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 5 weeks later...

Little late but i think they are crap, the touchpad on my Asus G15 Zephyrus just died from nothing, 10 months old machine. Also didnt use it that much, i had always a KB and mouse attached to it. Just did a new Win install cause i wanted to sell it and after the install touchpad is dead. Doesnt work in BIOS, new WIN 11 Install or in Ubuntu.. tried bios downgrade, hard reset, drivers and everything that is to be done.. Guess ill send it to RMA, lets see what they say. But thats is with Asus for me, after the AMD Board was crap now the laptop is also crap 🤣

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

• 3 weeks later...

Asus M16 (2022, 3070ti, owned for 2 years)had constant issues (Audio Crackle, 1 speaker died, Thermal Throttle even with proper lq metal and power limit, keyboard failure 2x, and 1 fan failure).Asus support was not helpul, i had to fight for each RMA (this was before the GN article). Luckily Strix 18 ive owned for 1 year has had 0 issues even with abuse (2 deployments vs 0 for the m16) and overclocking. 

• Thumb Up 1