NotebookTalk

Can a tablet replace an office laptop ? My journey.

Nah, for that would prefer OnePlus Pad 2, at 500 euro it beats the 650 euro Xiaomi. Lenovo has solid stuff  - i have one - but is being outdated.

Honor Matepad 2 is not out of China and there is no signs for being sold in Europe so for now that is not part of equation.

I mean if oled isn't a priority then yes the OnePlus pad 2. Alot of people buy one plus products because they are unmatched in features and performance per dollar. My next phone will be a OnePlus, but if your planning on using 900nits constant the xiaomis 35min to full is going to make more sense, in the end only you can decide. A deal breaker is charge times and non oled, but everyone is different

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Found a 6s pro by xiaomi for 899.99 Canadian dollars its the 512gb version. Might pick one up as a backup tablet. Just keep your eyes peeled for a deal

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I need to see  a OnePlus real review to know the real nits.  Notebookcheck says the Xiaomi has an average of 800 nits https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Pad-6S-Pro-review-Versatile-12-4-inch-tablet-with-outstanding-specs.839897.0.html

Unfortunately the Honor with 1600 still no news if it will ever come to Europe.

I have found one deal with 427 euro, i am tempted. So i would say you wait a bit.

• Thanks 1

If the tablet is good not fantastic but has super charging above 65w it's an instant buy. The Amazon hd 10 plus a 1tb micro SD is still the best deal as it feels extremely lite, and has decent performance but one reason against is horrible speakers. I loved it for a few months and still wonder how a 150 dollar tablet can be better in any aspect versus a 750 dollar tablet. I would say most of the time your going to be in shade and your m10 plus is good enough, I honestly thought the experience would be improved enough to justify cost but at the end of the day a tablet is still just a tablet,.nit picking is good but honestly the change has to be justified unless you have money to waste. Easy dropping a tablet, expensive mistakes do happen. If the given specs were in the 150 to 200 range like say a p11 plus, it's the wiser choice

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Magic pad 2 anyone. It's perfect. 1600 nits OLED and 66w supercharging with gen 3 x processor 

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I was told 1600nits is only HDR. I don't care about that, i need the SDR value. Will check the video. Thanks. 

Edit: video do not tell much.

For my work proposes the 16:9 format is not the best.

if its 1600nits in hdr??what do you think sdr will be? its obviously going to be above 900nits in sdr. Iv'e never heard of a tv or cell with HDR being more than double sdr brightness/ but if you don't like the tablet i guess you dont.

also I tried finding a detailed review but came up empty handed, it was just released on july 19th and I can't find much. the video I showed tell you the specs. at the end of the day a review is just an opinion and just because 4 or so people like something it doesn't automatically mean you will like it

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah probably that 900-100 nits. But not available so i  keep waiting.  Lenovo what they will come with, Samsung S10 - but here i don't expect good news - OnePlus Pad 2 reviews. 

Lenovo has a new tablet out but it's only 450nits..like I mean it's a bell curve when it comes to brightness. 450 will appear very bright and 900nits won't look twice as bright..companies often top out at 500nits due to diminishing returns. Battery gets chewed through crazy fast and use cases are almost 0. When your in direct sunlight the last thing on your mind should be can I see it clearly and rather will this thing overheat and burn my hands or melt in a few minutes. Noble though

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Says 26w speakers? Must be an error? 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Does Huawei use the app store? Thought they did away with that years ago. 2000 nits is intriguing but as mentioned before the tablet would be lucky to have 2 hours sot at that brightness. I still think the tablet with the keyboard as a bonus is the better buy, always something better around the corner.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

5 hours ago, ryan said:

Says 26w speakers? Must be an error? 

It is the info in their webpage.  

Octa JBL® Hi-Fi Speakers (sound by JBL®), 4 x tweeters, 4 x force-balanced bass units, Dolby Atmos®

JBL loudspeakers with Hi-Fi matrix structure
Take the plunge with eight JBL® speakers. This Hi-Fi system features 26W of stereo power and a large 22cc speaker cabinet that reduces static noise and increases clarity. In addition, the four matrix tweeters and four force-balanced woofers offer deep highs and lows.

2 minutes ago, ryan said:

Does Huawei use the app store? Thought they did away with that years ago. 2000 nits is intriguing but as mentioned before the tablet would be lucky to have 2 hours sot at that brightness. I still think the tablet with the keyboard as a bonus is the better buy, always something better around the corner.

No, that is one of issues. They are increasingly making their one "ecosystem".

26w? How would they manage 14 hours in sot with 26w speakers. Interesting..might buy one in a couple weeks

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

interesting.

Im thinking having a phone and tablet as seperate devices makes more sense as if you just wanted a phone it would be excessive in size and if you wanted to use a tablet it would be flimsy but then again they might manage something special. honestly though phones like the flip interest me but not the fold. tablets for some are used on buses ect but me i just cant see myself using it as a portable device outside the home. my tablet takes 3d pictures and I thought hey ill take it to the park and get some nice shots but after getting to the park and pulling out tablet it felt ridiculus and I was worried id drop it so i just went home. everyones different though. also new tech is constantly coming out and the best time to buy is essentially when all requirements and preferences have been ticked. if you want fast charging a nice display great performance and long battery life with versatility to use as a desktop then its already here

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I wanted to say, it looks like the pad 2 only has 900nits with hdr which your not for...I'm pretty sure the tablet I mentioned is the only tablet in existence able to crank over 1000nits. I was under the impression screen brightness was key. Charge times for a tablet should be heavily weighted by everyone and anyone planning on using it throughout the day and night...magic for outdoor use and xiaomi pad 6s pro for in and out..I want to say the choice is pretty lop sided when comes to a winner. Clearly the xiaomi is the better tablet albeit more expensive...unless your doing heaving video editing and gaming in direct sunlight the other options don't make sense

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 8/9/2024 at 6:04 AM, ryan said:

interesting.

Im thinking having a phone and tablet as seperate devices makes more sense as if you just wanted a phone it would be excessive in size and if you wanted to use a tablet it would be flimsy but then again they might manage something special. honestly though phones like the flip interest me but not the fold. tablets for some are used on buses ect but me i just cant see myself using it as a portable device outside the home. my tablet takes 3d pictures and I thought hey ill take it to the park and get some nice shots but after getting to the park and pulling out tablet it felt ridiculus and I was worried id drop it so i just went home. everyones different though. also new tech is constantly coming out and the best time to buy is essentially when all requirements and preferences have been ticked. if you want fast charging a nice display great performance and long battery life with versatility to use as a desktop then its already here

Asus had the best idea back in the day.  The padfone.  A phone that docks into the tablet to run, then attach a keyboard and have a quasi laptop with pen etc all included.  They should have stayed on that path IMO. 

Imagine how awesome a current technology version of this would be. Microsoft missed the mark as well.

review-asus-padfone-4382.jpg

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses