NotebookTalk

Can a tablet replace an office laptop ? My journey.

Yeah it's a pity gen 2.. I'm in limbo also..speed has weight. 

Try to get this

https://swiftronics.ca/products/xiaomi-pad-6s-pro-global-version?variant=42080047595635&currency=CAD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2024&utm_source=google&utm_medium=promax&gad_source=5&gclid=CjwKCAjw8fu1BhBsEiwAwDrsjA1MsuD8oE2JNy1Qy1pHrs-7oEqin2iJHDg96gdyy78STn8sksBM-RoCpYcQAvD_BwE

899.99 cad or 400 pounds/euros

It's 512gb

Also now that I have 67w super charging it's actually very convenient. I use tablet for 3 hours take a 10 min break and it's back to 100. Yours will charge to 80 percent aka optimal level in 20 min

Reviewer mentions the same thing as me.. unfortunately neither him nor I know which is better. I guess the one plus if your doing editing or gaming gen 3 is quite a bit faster and worth it over the bump in charge speed. If however you plan on using max brightness all day...technically only 1 option exists

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Not a bad deal.cheapish

I think the gen 2 will be enough. I have a sd 888 and it plows through everything and anything. The gen 2 has triple the performance in most cases..I think it's a coin flip situation..faster charging or faster performance 

My tablet is 1100 pounds or euros so 510 seems like a bargain, although it's like having one eye..2d..just not that appealing after using this tablet..you have to look at all aspects and gauge from there. Best 2d tablet is the xiaomi 6s pro..most advanced and best all round is the nubia pad 3d..it's not the same 3d as it was in the 10s it's just like seeing with two eyes..more realistic..I personally prefer the fact we evolved with the ability to see in 3d with depth..but alot of people take it for granted and call 2 eyes a gimmick 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I am fine with 2D, objective is office to replace my laptop, so in the budget i need to include the keyboard -still in doubt if i get just get generic bluetooth keyboard for 30 euros or the 150 euro Xiaomi one with backlight or the shortish one without for 99 or so.

Also will have to get a bluetooth pen tablet to work as mouse since my current pen tablet is usb and not compatible with Android. There goes more 70 or so euros. Also a need a display port to  usb c cable. since i think what came with my monitor is full usb.

• Thumb Up 1

Xiaomi is better all round but maybe the one plus suits your needs better, I mean it's got the gen 3 and basically equal except charging. It has 67w charging same as mine and tbh it's fast enough, you will likely take short breaks and during that time the supervooc charging is ample, heck you will likely get better battery life. 

It's an almost impossibly close call. One other thing is if you say use it throughout the week for 30 min at a time basically short bursts the one plus has 40 days standby. I used my tablet alot at first but after the initial thrill it's turning to short bursts so standby is important especially if you can't be bothered to plug it in...next thing is wireless charging, I haven't tried it but it sounds appealing. Putting it down like a book.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Your getting a tablet for an office job? Def xiaomi then, when you do get it I look forward to your experience with it

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

does your office work include phto quality>? I was under the impression you say office work when in reality it will be used for entertainment as one of your requirements is 100 srgb and 256gb..256gb of text speadsheets is like 100 000 000 files...busy man lol

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yes, i have to edit photos, videos  mostly will be done  in my Legion laptop,  and present videos, images to show properties. 

100% sRGB minimum  is just my intolerance to crap screens. I hate the screen of my HP laptop. Compared to my Lenovo Tab that cost 1/3 makes me throw up.

I have a lot of videos and photos, while currently 256GB is workable it will not be in say 2-3 years time. A faucet not working: a couple photos, etc...

Ok, thought you lost your marbles..good good

I'm actually excited for you, where are you buying the tablet? Amazon?

Xiaomi 14in ultra is out now, might bring some competition in that space, maybe 14 in would give you more room for work?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

wouldnt trust a review where they think the Samsung s9 has ios 16.1 in the spec sheet, looks like they did it off the top of their head and is a true error due to lack of intelligence not a Freudian slip

OS Android 13, MIUI 14 Android 14, HyperOS 1 Android 13, MIUI 14 iPadOS 16.1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Fair warning..people are reporting buggy software and overheating 90c or higher..not sure it breaks the package but something to know and evaluate 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

It is not people, it is basically one guy regarding overheating and that is gaming which i would not do. Besides there are several  people gaming in youtube.

Regarding software, yes that is why my point in initial post about where they will go with upcoming HyperOS2.0. Currently it is okayish. But support not at Samsung level.

I already had posted the Notebookcheck review, it has the temperature analysis on stress test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Pad-6S-Pro-review-Versatile-12-4-inch-tablet-with-outstanding-specs.839897.0.html

Oh ok. That's good..I saw the guys comments and a few people backed it up but who knows..your right though notebookcheck reported great framerates and temps..even at max brightness 3.45 hours is pretty good for a tablet pushing 900nits

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

perfecto.

this is good news for you if you do end up buying the 6s, will drive prices down for sure. when the nubia pad 2 was announced the lume pad 2s price got cut down to half, thats when I jumped. I dont have 1800 for a tablet nor a good reason to spend that kind of money on one. but 500-750 cad seems about right

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled