NotebookTalk

Can a tablet replace an office laptop ? My journey.

18 hours ago, Bullit said:

Honor Magic Pad 2 announced for Europe at 599 Euro

Now the reviews start to appear:

Can't these companies be original?  Their software is a blatant ripoff of apple.  I thought it was a review of an ipad. 

I still think the best tablet now is the surface snapdragon. Have all the power of a real OS in a 12 inch device.  

• Confused 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

zte redmagic pro incoming. looking good but not 900nits so its excluded..myself however am interested in the 3d version, looks like a good deal at 600

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

18 hours ago, kojack said:

I still think the best tablet now is the surface snapdragon

the nubia pad 3d is the best tablet allround right now based on specs performance and features, nothing comes close. some have faster processors and oled 144hz displays but everything as a whole, nothing is in its league

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 hours ago, ryan said:

the nubia pad 3d is the best tablet allround right now based on specs performance and features, nothing comes close. some have faster processors and oled 144hz displays but everything as a whole, nothing is in its league

Talk to me when it runs windows.  It's a cool tablet, but for a productivity tablet nothing touches windows based systems. Having the full versions of software is a big deal. 

• Confused 1

kojack said: "Talk to me when it runs windows.  It's a cool tablet, but for a productivity tablet nothing touches windows based systems. Having the full versions of software is a big deal."

You are so correct. I've been saying that for 20 years. But a windows laptop is even better for productivity.

• Thumb Up 1

Of course a Laptop would be better, but even a tablet style device running true windows is a much better way to be productive, no matter what the "product" is. Android is awesome for consumption. Windows is much better at production.

• Confused 1

windows isnt designed to run on tablets. it wouldnt be good for productivity. I know we are entitled to our opinions but I have no idea why you or anyone would by a windows tablet, most illogical purchase ever. kinda like buying a tesla with a gas engine.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 hours ago, ryan said:

windows isnt designed to run on tablets. it wouldnt be good for productivity. I know we are entitled to our opinions but I have no idea why you or anyone would by a windows tablet, most illogical purchase ever. kinda like buying a tesla with a gas engine.

Tesla's would be way better with gas engines. Windows is king for productivity. the android versions of software and iOS for that matter too, are all gimped in some way.  When you have windows, you have the full versions of the software. I have used all three, there is no comparison when trying to get work done. Windows is the best. I have owned surface devices in the past. They are awesome.  Being able to take your tablet, pop into a dock and have full windows on your displays, but have it on the move as well is a god send. 

Android is great for consumption, looking at FB, youtube, etc. For doing work, its not even close. 

@kojack I get your point, but different is sometimes seeked kinda like change. not everyone likes windows 11. I dont mind it and  have it on 4 systems along with linux and chrome os. its nice to have options. yes if someone liked windows 10 and wanted a tablet they would likely buy a windows 10 tablet. if they want something that is different like chrome os and say simpler more user friendly then likely they would go chrome. as for prouductivity yes you can do more on a windows 10 tablet but the speed is much faster on chrome os so im not sure how waiting longer increases productivity as well as UI things are faster to access with chrome os. in the end its just preference some people like apples others oranges.

And back on topic/

If 500nits was good enough a red magic explorer with a paper matte screen protector is the best, however costs more. bang for buck the xiaomi is still the number 1 tablet. versatility then the surface.

and if for some odd reason you prefer one eyed visuals/

Red Magic Gaming Tablet Pro With Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Leading Version, 2.8K Display Launched | Technology News (gadgets360.com)

high resolution display and sd gen 3 along with a big battery and 120w charging...affordable for the specs

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

kinda funny. tablets are a huge comprimise of laptops. yet not comprimising on a tablet is completely an oxy moron.

have a great day sir, you seem to know exactly what you want so sifting through the options is pointless.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

yeah sorry was kinda in a bad mood like you said, I wasn't overly rude but still I appologise.

tri folds seem like an interesting avenue to go, the 6s is good also. have you ever had a 3d tv or 3d monitor or anything? its a hit or miss technology people(few) think its incredible and others(most) call it a gimmick which makes me wonder(as few) if people see the same thing when they look at 3d objects, do our brains all process depth the same way? because the new red magic explorer and the non 3d tablet seem like good options, just not quite bright enough(below 900nits) i would go for the 3d version as my brain interprets the image as real vs gimmicky. if you see it in person I highly recommend you do as 3d isn't the same tech as it was in 2010, better effect and less eyestrain along with AI tech to make anything pleasant 3d. basically im refering the the new magic tablet thats non 3d, it has 120hz its basically a good alt to the 6s. but for a bit more the 3d could be worth the extra 100.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

like bro im not crazy about 3d, its just when you see it it adds to the immersion and is a nice feature to have, much like texting on a cell...even if you dont text its nice having it available.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled