NotebookTalk

Can a tablet replace an office laptop ? My journey.

very detailed review, I have to agree on display, nothing comes close. as for charging it in 55min its decent but not far off from mine at 67w. I would say although great it does not come cheap, I cant see justifying 999 euro for a tablet.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

A tablet that includes keyboard and pen and with a screen that you can use outside. It is more capable than laptops at that price if we are talking office and other activities that don't push performance. For me the biggest problem is the compatibility with Android apps.

Your tablet have same battery size?

pretty close, over 9000mah. it charges in basically an hour, 80 percent in 45 minutes. I love my tablet and have no issues with it even in direct sunlight. I dont use 3d much but its a very nice feature for movies and reviewing pictures. I can take a 8k video with my s21 ultra then play it back in 3d on my tablet, very nice depth effect. honestly it was an impulse buy just thought the 3d would be neat and since it was only 500, I reviewed specs and took the risk and in the end it exceeded my expectations. sound display and battery life along with other things let me know i made the right decision. I could have bought an ipad or xiaomi but I wanted more.

Huawei MatePad Pro 12.2 Review: Doodler's Delight - Tech Advisor

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

so the display is the most important feature for you?

what other things do you value in a tablet, in order/

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yes.  I put this in first post.

Generic PC laptop problems for me:

Screen are crap for the price. Specially nits for outside use.

Weight

Battery

Screen touch make them too expensive.

I enjoy to take my tablet from backpack and start to work right away in a bus, outside a cafe , mall etc  If i want i attach a keyboard if not want i don't.

I want to start right away instead of waiting for windows to wake up.

These are the essential requisites that candidates need to fulfil:  

Size: 11.5 minimum, ideal 12-12.5".

Brightness : 900 nits minimum with gloss screen or a bit lower with matte screen. Should be able to read on cloudy day on street.

Screen quality: IPS or OLED but OLED cannot have low PWM.  Minimum 100% sRGB color quality.

Connection:  to a monitor , bonus points if software allows screen extended instead of only screen mirroring.  When i am home or office i want to work from a monitor not from tablet screen, (added: if extended periods).

Keyboard and Pen : be available if i wish to buy

Storage: 256 GB minimum, bonus points if more

RAM:  8GB minimum, bonus points if more

Camera: good enough to photo documents

Software: compatibility with MS OneNote (Added due to appearance of Huawei)

Desirable but not essential:

Extra storage, with a Micro SD card.

Screen format better than 16:9.  While in landscape more vertical space better.(added 3:2 better than 16:9)

seems these are options but dont quite match. asked AI for help as your quite specific and its nearly an impossible task ticking all boxes outside of xiaomis 6s

Based on your specifications, here are a few tablets that meet most of your criteria:

1. Microsoft Surface Pro 9

• Size: 13"
  • Brightness: 600 nits (glossy)
  • Screen Quality: PixelSense IPS, 100% sRGB
  • Connection: USB-C with support for external monitors (extended display mode)
  • Keyboard & Pen: Available (Surface Type Cover and Surface Pen)
  • Storage: Options from 256 GB to 1 TB
  • RAM: Options from 8 GB to 32 GB
  • Camera: 1080p front-facing camera, good for document scanning
  • Software Compatibility: Fully compatible with MS OneNote
  • Extra Storage: No microSD slot, but has USB-C for external drives
  • Screen Format: 3:2

2. Apple iPad Pro (11" or 12.9")

• Size: 11" or 12.9"
  • Brightness: Up to 600 nits (glossy, 1200 nits peak)
  • Screen Quality: Liquid Retina display, 100% sRGB
  • Connection: USB-C with support for external monitors (extended display)
  • Keyboard & Pen: Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil available
  • Storage: Options from 128 GB to 2 TB
  • RAM: 8 GB or 16 GB depending on model
  • Camera: 12 MP wide camera, good for document scanning
  • Software Compatibility: Fully compatible with MS OneNote
  • Extra Storage: No microSD slot, but external drives can be used
  • Screen Format: 4:3

3. Lenovo Tab P12 Pro

• Size: 12.6"
  • Brightness: Up to 600 nits (glossy)
  • Screen Quality: AMOLED, 100% sRGB
  • Connection: USB-C with support for external displays (extended mode)
  • Keyboard & Pen: Lenovo Precision Pen 3 and keyboard available
  • Storage: Options up to 512 GB
  • RAM: Up to 8 GB
  • Camera: 13 MP rear camera, decent for scanning documents
  • Software Compatibility: Compatible with MS OneNote
  • Extra Storage: MicroSD card support
  • Screen Format: 16:10

Summary

• Best Overall: Microsoft Surface Pro 9 for its versatility and compatibility.
  • Best for Apple Ecosystem: iPad Pro for its performance and software quality.
  • Best Budget Option: Lenovo Tab P12 Pro for its specs and additional storage options.

Make sure to check the latest prices and availability, as specs and options can vary!

heres the one you should look at as its a contender to the 6s

Redmagic Pro Tablet (2024 Model) Specs

• Size: 12.1 inches
  • Display: AMOLED, 2560 x 1600 resolution
  • Brightness: Up to 800 nits
  • Screen Quality: 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
  • Processor: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
  • RAM: Options of 8 GB or 12 GB
  • Storage: Options from 256 GB to 1 TB, expandable via microSD
  • Camera: 13 MP rear camera, 8 MP front camera with improved AI features
  • Battery: 10,000 mAh with fast charging (up to 65W)
  • Operating System: Android 13 with a gaming-oriented UI
  • Connections: USB-C, HDMI output for external display (supports extended mode)
  • Keyboard & Pen: Optional accessories available for enhanced productivity

I'd like to say it appears your looking to switch to tablets but perhaps a 14in zenbook oled would make more sense, it has a 2880x1800 oled 600nit display and has a small footprint with great tablet like battery life and would be infinitely more suited for work

its cheaper than a high end tablet at around 500usd

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Interesting AI answer don't  make reference to Xiaomi, maybe not updated which defeats the propose.

But i just noticed i forgot to add a spec.  Silent, i don't want fans.

Here Zenbook 14 costs more than 1000 euro and brightness is said to be 400 nits, keyboard is spanish not international.  How do you get it a 500 bucks and 600 nits?

I own one. it was 900 cad. its great and 900 cad is like 500 euro. it isnt the 2024 model rather the ryzen 7 2022 model. very good laptop with tablet like battery life and an incredible display. when it released it was under 1000 cad mine is only 6 months old.as for nits theres no way its 400nits. i said 600nits because thats what they advertise the oled panel to be but with hdr its much higher also 600 oled nits isnt the same as lcd ips 600 nits especially outdoors, 600 oled nits is closer to 1000 ips nits. ill look for you

Zenbook 14 OLED (UM3402)|Laptops For Home|ASUS Canada

sorry its 550nits, but appears in sunlight and inside much brighter. i own one and outside it is remarkable

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

like i dont know what your doing with it, but im going to assume your analysing solar flares and the behaviour of the sun. a slight turn and your good. it lets me max the zenbooks brightness to 550nits, also you can turn on hdr all the time so that the brightness is the same as with a video. my lg b2 oled does this also its a windows display setting. its also not going to be double the brightness at 1100nits.

watch the video, and yes its sdr 550nits. shows in video. praises display/battery life/ and price. its unbeatable

ASUS ZenBook 14 OLED Notebook - 14 Inch - 16 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD NVMe - AMD Ryzen 7 7730U - Radeon Graphics - UM3402YAR-DS71T-CA (londondrugs.com)

mine has the ryzen 7 5825u everything else the same. its 1299.99 cad or 650us or 600 euro

not on sale, but wouldnt hurt to find it on sale by checking other retailers.

they can be found for 600euro often

Technology 4-cell Lithium Ion
Capacity 75 Wh
Run Time Up to 22 hours

Type 14" OLED
Touchscreen Yes
Resolution 2880 x 1800 (2.8K)
V-Sync Rate at Max Res. 90 Hz
Widescreen Yes
Image Aspect Ratio 16:10
Image Brightness 550 cd/m²
Colour Support 1.07 billion colours
Colour Gamut 100% DCI-P3
Features Glossy, Corning Gorilla glass, ASUS EyeCare Technology, NanoEdge display, Pantone Validated, HDR 500 True Black, 90% screen-to-body ratio, 0.2 ms response rate

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

refurbished its like 250-300 euros, im not sure where your looking

heres one that just a notch better than mine

511cad or 260 euros

2023 ASUS Zenbook UM3402YA 14" 2.8K OLED Touch Laptop Ryzen5 7530U 8GB 256GB W11 | eBay

maybe I just got a really good deal not sure, but it was 900 and not on sale. london drugs maybe messed on price? if you cant find it for 600euros i guess I just got lucky, alot of reviewers on youtube are claiming the ultra 5 version(better) is under 1100 usd. nothing wrong going refurbished if you save half off the cost. mine brand new and once i open box and load windows and even though its in mint condition is technically used and its worth 400-500 cad now.

brand new

ASUS ZenBook 14 OLED Notebook - 14 Inch - 16 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD NVMe - AMD Ryzen 7 7730U - Radeon Graphics - UM3402YAR-DS71T-CA (londondrugs.com)

1,199.99 Canadian Dollar =
795.11 Euro

so surely a lesser model, older tech thats still amazing would be cheaper. I dont see the reasoning that a 790 euro machine would be equal to a previous model price wise. as time goes on prices drop and you noted that in this thread while mentioning tablets. when the xiaomi 7s comes out it makes sense the 6s will go down in price. its always a good idea buying right when price drops due to newer model coming out, unless the new model is worth the cost of admission.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Ebay is not new and guarantee is only US and 8GB RAM in Windows is not the same as 8GB RAM in Android. I cannot open Londondrugs in 2 browsers. So looks suspicious.

Meanwhile just for completion because without video-out  put it out of competition Honor MagicPad2 a review in one of the sites i follow so i somewhat know their biases. Even if had video out the Xiaomi Pad 6s Pro would still be better.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Honor-MagicPad-2-Tablet-Review-12-3-inch-144-Hz-OLED-price-cutter.896050.0.html

Bullit, London Drugs is a Canadian drug store chain.  They (as well as most other drug stores in Canada) sell electronics as well.  It's safe to open buddy! 

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, I guess. london drugs sometimes has some incredible deals. its a safe site as @kojack mentioned. I would try buying last years model new from ebay. but honestly after the wow factor of my tablet im back to my laptop(zenbook). I think tablets are neat but not very conven in alot of situations.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 10/11/2024 at 7:43 PM, ryan said:

yeah, I guess. london drugs sometimes has some incredible deals. its a safe site as @kojack mentioned. I would try buying last years model new from ebay. but honestly after the wow factor of my tablet im back to my laptop(zenbook). I think tablets are neat but not very conven in alot of situations.

A tablet style device running windows is awesome, and convenient in most situations if you are mobile alot of the time. I don't like mobile apps vs. full versions. If I were buying a new tablet now, it would be a snapdragon surface or the asus PX13 pro art.  Out of the two the surface being my first choice. 

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses