NotebookTalk

Playing PC games with Samsung DeX and GFN on andriod.

Hi!

I dont know if anyone did it but here i am to write about gaming on an Andriod phone using DeX and GFN .

So basicly DeX gives you desktop experience ,that means You are able to use:

- wired or wireless keyboard, mosue ,and even Ethernet 

-video output via USB-C , HDMI , DP (maybe VGA and DVI is working but i did not tested it!)

-at a nativ resolution was tested in 1920X1080 , 2560X1440 . Specs says 16:10 and 21:9 is supported at 1920X1200 to 2560X1600 and 2560X1080 to 3440X1440 .

Geforce Now(GFN) mobile application let you play PC games on phones that are supported under GFN .

The playeble resolution depends on the subscription at GFN , Priority allows FHD 60 FPS gaming, Ultimate allows 4K 240FPS gaming.

The last piece that you need is an USB-C hub , i tested 2 hubs . The Hama 200102 (7in1) and the HP Thunderbolt dock G2 .

With the Hama theres no USB-C alt DP output only HDMI (its the hubs fault) , and wired keyboard ,mouse and ethernet is working.

With the HP TB3 dock , it works all of the display options : USB-C alt DP , HDMI, DP, same wired KB/mouse/ethernet are working.

I used an Galaxy S10 8/128 to test GFN , FHD QHD resolution is no problem, sound can be send trough HDMI or DP cable.  The pictures show the HP dock with a Dell C1422H display via USB-C display , the phone can be charged on the regular USB-C port.

109648_lpewdpavedr2lzoc_img_20240708_171637_359.jpg

109648_ve5tdvl38kriznpm_img_20240708_171027_344.jpg

• Thumb Up 1

Clevo P751TM1-G 8700K/16GB/GTX 1080@120W/1.5TB/FHD 144 G-Sync/ Asus PG279Q

yeah I use GFN ultimate for my cell/xbox controller. my tablet and my ultrabooks, works really well. ultimate is really worth it for the ultrabook side of things and priority for tablets and cell phones is all you will need. Its a rush being able to play full pc games on a tablet and the experience is fantastic. good for you buddy i wish more people would adopt GFN as I dont want to see it die, its an incredible idea and the execution is near perfect for what is possible

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

They added infinite a month or two ago.

Tried it..did ok..nvidia needs more servers

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Wonderful @Csupati, this kind of flexibility is what i am after with my tablet. On the move is to be super simple, take it out of bag and start working, at home connect to a monitor, kb, pen tablet and with a big good chair work comfortable.

It works. Like imagine working on a project in the park, putting on some classical music and maybe catching up on news. Going home then one plug and you have a full on desktop experience. Your not going to get desktop performance but in 2024 things can be accomplished faster via cloud services like GeForce now. Or shadow pc cloud ai ect. Desktops shouldn't exist, not because they are not superior but because software doesn't call for them. Video editing can be done faster on a cloud service vs 10k pc. I'm also moving to vr headset, tablet, cell setup and skipping the idea of getting a gaming laptop or gaming desktop.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 7/22/2024 at 3:54 AM, Bullit said:

Wonderful @Csupati, this kind of flexibility is what i am after with my tablet. On the move is to be super simple, take it out of bag and start working, at home connect to a monitor, kb, pen tablet and with a big good chair work comfortable.

Idont know what tablet are You using , but Samsung has the DeX feature where theres a fully supported external display can used with its own resolution , wired keyboard mouse and ethernet. I dont know if other brands are have this feature , GFN will work but maybe You are not able to connect KB or mouse to it.

On 7/22/2024 at 5:20 AM, ryan said:

It works. Like imagine working on a project in the park, putting on some classical music and maybe catching up on news. Going home then one plug and you have a full on desktop experience. Your not going to get desktop performance but in 2024 things can be accomplished faster via cloud services like GeForce now. Or shadow pc cloud ai ect. Desktops shouldn't exist, not because they are not superior but because software doesn't call for them. Video editing can be done faster on a cloud service vs 10k pc. I'm also moving to vr headset, tablet, cell setup and skipping the idea of getting a gaming laptop or gaming desktop.

Yep , i wanted to moove on mobile+GFN gaming but the supported games have a limit, and the games that I play are not playable on GFN , so i got a PC , and im gonna get a HP TB3 dock to play if im on the moove ,or somewhere else. Not every dock/hub is able to pass alt DP display via USB-C , with HDMI and DP it works perfect.

• Thumb Up 1

I just got a new tablet a week or so ago, and after the neato factor wearing off, it's my go to device. I've logged hundreds of hours and I don't even bother booting my 4k setup. I'll still use my laptop oled combo and  I have a few oled laptops but I really am liking the tablet. I'm gaming for hours, playing chess, online banking, reading fake news, and watching 3d videos. Who would have thunk a glasses free 3d tablet like this even existed. I just installed GeForce now and will try it out using 2560x1600 setting.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

If You dont have the Ultimate packge , then there is only FHD resolution available.

• Thumb Up 1

The ultimate package is quite a bit more..that's what I bought for 6 months at 145cad..I'm going with 1080p package this time, that is if I don't die..not looking forward to death but hey I guess we all have a timer. If I don't make it I thank you guys for all your kindness and patience with me. I had a 30 second continuing pvc was scary but a very very bad sign of my hearts health..well. I guess I'll find out soon enough

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled