NotebookTalk

I have been thinking about going to a new notebook, but I have decided my favorite is the one I have...With caveats.

kojack

I have been reading, looking, playing with demos etc.  Looking for something to replace my 5406. I have come to the conclusion that nothing will fit me better than this notebook for the foreseeable future. 

I use it every day and love the features of it, the speed of it for doing my work etc. In real world testing, my dell is just as fast as the M1 series apple at doing creative work (plenty fast).  It has a great keybord for writing articles, books, etc. and the screen is nice, bright and has great color renditions, (contrary to popular tests).  I have my color calibrated using a spider 3 and it prints what I see. 

The only place it's lagging is doing video work. While it gets the job done, it's a bit slow on the export etc. Enter the Pocket Ai RTX 500 eGPU.  It's a super portable eGPU that connects to the laptop and increases it's graphics processing power by approx. 50 percent to 60 percent, using the notebook's display. I have read tests and for example, playing certain games, the frame rate goes from 20-25 fps to 80-95 fps.  That's a good jump in performance.  

I wil be ordering this unit instead of replacing my entire PC. It's a much more affordable option and there is nothing out there that I feel would suit me as well as my dell. 

• Thumb Up 3

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

I know. I saw it a while ago and forgot all about it.  There are a few different models in the wild now.  I also found one that has a complete docking station included as well.  I like the Pocket Ai the best because of the very small size of it. I want a very small kit to carry with me, and it fits right in my carrying bag.  I was taking an extra touch display with me to have a very similar setup as I have home, but I am not sure that will work with the External device. I have to look more into that one as well, if not, I will leave the display at home and use the extra processing power. 

• Thumb Up 2

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses