NotebookTalk

8970M vBIOS for M17x R2

For posterity's sake, I am uploading my latest ATi Mobility Radeon 8970M vBIOS for those that want to use the card in the M17x R2. The previous iteration of this vBIOS did not provide sound over HDMI, but this one does. Originally the vBIOS used was from a 8970M pulled from a Clevo P370HM. New vBIOS (latest I could find) is based off the Dell R9 M290X, and it works fine on the Clevo 8970M card. It is also Crossfire enabled for use with 2 cards + Crossfire cable. It is also undervolted to run 900/1250 @ 0.95V to keep thermals reasonable in the M17x R2. I have added a variety of voltage modded vBIOS for those that want to try different voltages, the lowest being 0.95V (you need a really good ASIC quality card) to the highest being 1.00V (almost all should be able to run this one). Clevo cards enjoy native fan control in the M17x R2. Dell cards will require HWINFO to manipulate the fans. MSI cards are unknown. ATIFlash is also packaged with the vBIOS (must be run from DOS USB). Please remember the best possible driver to use is 17.3.3 as all drivers after that do NOT work with Crossfire. If using a single 8970M it will work with the latest driver, but brightness will be broken.

8970M_M17xR2_UVPACK.zip

• Thanks 1