Jump to content
NotebookTalk

kyle2k80

Member
  • Posts

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kyle2k80

  1. Hey guys! I have recently gotten back An Alienware 15 r3 that I Gifted my cousin years ago. He's now upgraded and Gave it me back, The laptop devolved some issues with the age of the device So I need to order some parts for it. The battery Puffed up and damaged the keyboard, Palmrest and chassis cover. It would cost a bit to buy the parts to get it pristine again. It also has some dead Blue LEDS on the Alienware lid logo and "alienware" on the front bezel. I have always wanted to convert one of these into an 17 R4 so I am tempted to at least research and attempt it. Has anyone tried this before and had any problems? Or is it just a straight drop in with the motherboard? As I would just buy the parts to convert it. The specs of the 15 r3: I7 7700HQ 32GB DDR3 2133Mhz GTX 1070M 8GB 120Hz TN Display I am choosing to do this to save another alienware from landfill. I use a x15 R1 as my main laptop. So anyone with any Guidance Or experience Please let me know! Thanks for reading!
  2. Hello, Do you think it's possible to convert the 15 r3 into an 17r4 chassis? Got a 15 r3 that needs a new keyboard and palmrest but If I can find the parts I was tempted to convert it into an R4.. Let me know!
  3. That's unfortunate 😞 I'd presume maybe the R3 and r4 share similarities with the Msata slot.
  4. Would you be able to do one for the M17x R4? Maybe MSATA speed increase?
  5. So had this Alienware M15X for a few years now and the rubber feet had fallen off. So laptop always slid around and blocked ventilation when not propped up. So I took some screw in rubber feet from a custom keyboard I built and drilled two holes and mounted these against the plastic. pretty strong and raise it enough too!
  6. Hi, im looking for a vbios that will allow me to automatically control the gpu fan. since upgrading to a 980m in a M17x R4 the gpu fan control has been gone. Anyone have a vbios? Would rather have it auto controlled than use HWInfo. Thanks!
  7. Hi, Im having a Issue with my Alienware m17x r4 Gpu, Can't install graphics drivers the same way I used too. I can install Very old drivers but anything recent does not work with the modded INFs I make.. Could someone with more experience make me a INF? for the latest driver (537.42) Alienware M17x R4 With GTX 980M 8GB, 120Hz EDP Screen, UEFI PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_05AB1028 Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use