NotebookTalk

ryan

So the game that everyone talks about and comes back to. The Witcher 3

Jump in. I'll be posting pictures of the new update...like I said jump in post opinions and mod links ect

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I installed the new patch.. but I was underwhelmed and just uninstalled it. I have too many other games I haven't played yet to revisit W3. It sounded like a good idea at first but I pretty quickly was like.. nah.. I don't feel like playing this again.

• Bump 1

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

https://www.dsogaming.com/patches/the-witcher-3-next-gen-update-4-01-released-full-patch-notes/

I haven't tried the remaster version so far, it has a few patches now so somewhere down the line, I like that the saves transfer over, saw the opening and early game enough before. I want to be free to travel to all the areas and DLCs, to see if it wows me and of course how much worse perf I'll get. I had the original at 2k DSR 60fps locked, without the lock I got variable as high as 80fps, probably be lucky to get 60 at 1k with this one and the drive space game hassle too.

Still one of the top 5 best games I've played in 3d games, incredible, engaging, satisfying combat etc etc etc One of my favorites was walking down a pathway and a dog comes up to me, follow it to some bandits and the story that goes with all that. I also remember the farm with letho, wandered into that at random exploration too, and when finding the Roach talking gig way after finishing the whole game just exploring hilarious.

thanks for that video... I tried witcher 3 next gen all I notice is the water reflections are nicer but  overall the image quality looks similar....not like a night and day difference. one thing I do notice is performance is lower..before id max the game at 1080p and get around 90fps now im around 35fps

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot-146.png

Screenshot-147.png

one is raytracing maxed one is all off medium....like what the heck....0 visual difference, people are such suckers

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I noticed with all low/off Im getting like 100fps average. with vanilla witcher 3 I was getting over 200fps all low/off

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:45 AM, ryan said:

Screenshot-146.png

Screenshot-147.png

one is raytracing maxed one is all off medium....like what the heck....0 visual difference, people are such suckers

The lighting seems far more realistic on the bottom one.

[Draupnir] 5600X | EVGA 3080 | Asus B550-I Strix | 32GB 3600@CL16 2C/2R | 2 x WD SN750 | NZXT H1 V2 | Custom back panel with 2x140mm | Win 11 Pro

[Sleipnir] MacBook Pro 16 | M1 Max | 32GB | 1TB

[Munnin] LG Gram 17 | i7-8565U | 16GB | 2 x 512GB SSD | Fedora 38

the bottom one has more shade, better thats subjective, sometimes more isn't better. it's the overall image. One doesn't cry I look vastly different and look vastly better for the performance hit. its just a different costly technique that adds very little to overall image but hey thats my opinion.

I think when the image is similar and takes a keen eye to spot 'better' it's called pixel peeping

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

What's your hz refresh rate though? If your screen is like 120hz then anything above that is just a waste anyways. I have no shot to get to the 120hz/fps on mine w the 2060m on most games I play so I lock it to 60 max don't overuse my equipment I guess I could go higher like 80 but why just easier to set it in ncp to 60max for every game done. Some games don't even have a setting for max frames how annoying so you get 300fps in some old games on a 120hz screen what a total waste. I think they had a new patch lately among a few of them so that's good so by the time I get back to TW3 and install this updated version it should be all good, heck may even have a 4xxx or even 5xxxx gpu by then or maybe an arc or amd system.

• Thumb Up 1

• 1 month later...