NotebookTalk

The new.....What are you "drinking" right now...with moar cloud!

kojack

I am drinking a pre made jose cuevro margarita mix in a can.  DEADLY!  after our nacho appitizers, and before chilli and I am venturing out to the garage to have a rip of Low Tide by seeweed. Home grown in Newfoundland and a great strain. (btw, it's legal here!).  

Post em if you got em!  ha ha.

• Confused 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

Had a nice bottle of Jost Tidal Bay white wine last night. This is Nova Scotia's official wine and it's only made there.  It is wonderful for most anything food wise besides steak probably but I would drink it with anything to be honest!

• Confused 1

Only alcohol beverages allowed or all?

If not,  right now I'm drinking a redbull Kaktusfrucht (cactus) flavor, ice cold, ❄️😅.

Yesterday night I had 2 Corona in front of the tv😁

• Haha 1
  • Bump 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

Asus Zephyrus G15 (Ryzen 9 6900HS + RTX3080)

Nope, anything at all.  I have been advised by my doctor to not drink 'the bull' anymore.  Never heard of the cactus flavored.  Sounds awesome.  Orignal Redbull zero is my go to.  I think they should make air fresheners in red bull flavor.  I LOVE IT!  Before it was available in Canada I used to smuggle it in via friends and when I went to Florida to our house down there.  Ha ha.  

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, kojack said:

Nope, anything at all.  I have been advised by my doctor to not drink 'the bull' anymore.  Never heard of the cactus flavored.  Sounds awesome.  Orignal Redbull zero is my go to.  I think they should make air fresheners in red bull flavor.  I LOVE IT!  Before it was available in Canada I used to smuggle it in via friends and when I went to Florida to our house down there.  Ha ha.  

We get in Germany a lot of flavors for redbull, watermelon, cactus, cocos.. They are getting crazy around here.. On Christmas there was with apple and cinnamon special edition 😅

• Thumb Up 1

7950X3D| Zotac 4090 AMP Extreme Airo| MSI MPG B650 Edge Wifi| Lian Li Galahad 360 V2| 32GB Kingston Renegade RGBZ 6000|Kingston KC3000 2TB| Fury Renegade 2TB|Samsung 970 Evo 1TB| Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo| Corsair HX1500i| Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo

9 hours ago, ryan said:

just having a tall can cold kokanee

Sasquatch piss.  Always great!

• Haha 1

One of the ones I have not tried yet.  Saw it though. Might grab some. I was driving Newfoundland distilleries Aquavit last evening. It uses local honey that is produced right across the street from me...I am drinking my lawn!

• Thumb Up 1

I used to live a few hundred yards/meters from a distillery.  Easy walking distance over lunch during the pandemic.  They made all sorts of things - bourbon, applejack, vodka, nocino, several varieties of gin.  I've never been one to go through hard liquor very quickly, probably the fastest was when I was cooking penne alla vodka from scratch fairly frequently, but it was kind of neat having a distillery so nearby.

This is Dry February for me (it's like Dry January but with less likelihood of cheating right from the first hour of the first day), so my beverage of the day is green tea.  Though it's a bit late now so maybe I'll make some rooibos?  Tea is my caffeinated beverage of choice, never have liked the taste or smell of coffee and have resisted the marketing campaigns of energy drink manufacturers.

The exception to that caffeinated rule is that if I'm in Germany, I'll go for Club-Mate.  I wish it were available here!  I've tried a couple of the American yerba maté soda-pops and they just aren't the same, most are too sweet or too carbonated, Club-Mate has the perfect balance of flavors, sweetness, and moderate carbonation.

• Thumb Up 3

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

@Sandy Bridge

OH yes I love club mate aswell, it's very refreshing ice cold in Sommer, getting  it instead of coffee on the way to work in warm Sommer days.

• Like 2

Well tonight's menu is a 4 pack of 2 crows beers and a pack of shredems sour cherry punch indicia gummies. In about an hour I should be feeling fine. 🤪😶🌫️

• Thumb Up 1

Well, this thread has won Off-Topic for me, I filled out the "contact us" form on Club-Mate's U.S. importer's web site, and found out there is in fact a local source for it, at World Market.  They don't list it on their web site, and Club-Mate's store locator doesn't show it, but they have it in store.

It's too late in the day to have one now, but I know how I'll be caffeinating Friday morning!  Gotta bring 'em into the office too and see if we can form our own Club-Mate-powered hacker collective!

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

Well, on the menu tonight was 2 Chimay beers, a green label and white...After that two full runs with Low tide strain in the vape.  Sitting here now with a great amazing high. Watching Jeff Healey videos!

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

That is excellent taste in beer!  I didn't know about Chimay Green, and it sounds like it was a limited edition.  You can't go wrong with Trappist.

• Thumb Up 2

5 hours ago, Sandy Bridge said:

That is excellent taste in beer!  I didn't know about Chimay Green, and it sounds like it was a limited edition.  You can't go wrong with Trappist.

The green label is their new strong blonde. 10%.  It's really good.  I am a beer connoisseur. I have had over 500 different beers over the past ten years. I have purchased bottles that were over 200 dollars (sam adams utopias). Duval is our all time favorite beer with 2 crows Pollyanna coming in a close second!  As for the cloud producing stuff, I am a total newbie to that, but I have tried about 30 to 40 different strains already with some great and some a huge let down. Ha ha. 

• Thumb Up 2

On 2/17/2023 at 5:02 AM, kojack said:

The green label is their new strong blonde. 10%.  It's really good.  I am a beer connoisseur. I have had over 500 different beers over the past ten years. I have purchased bottles that were over 200 dollars (sam adams utopias). Duval is our all time favorite beer with 2 crows Pollyanna coming in a close second!  As for the cloud producing stuff, I am a total newbie to that, but I have tried about 30 to 40 different strains already with some great and some a huge let down. Ha ha. 

You are a connoisseur!  I hadn't heard of those Utopias, it sounds more like a fine whiskey than a beer!  I think the most I've ever paid is about $28 for a 750ml of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout.  Which is definitely near the top of my favorites list.  Rochefort 10 and Westvleteren 12 are probably the top of list.  Haven't had them in years though, for obvious reasons for the latter.  Favorite brewery overall is New Glarus, I used to live in Wisconsin, and nearly every one of their beers is really good, I often even like their takes on styles that I typically dislike.  Wisconsin Belgian Red might be their best overall, those Door County cherries are so good.  Sadly my yearly resupply of New Glarus hasn't been feasible since the pandemic.

But most of the time I can find something local and less exotic that's really good too.  I tend to favor wheats on hot summer days, some variety of non-coffee stout in the winter, or a gose any time of the year.  If I want something more bitter, I'll take a pint of English bitter over an IPA any day (unless New Glarus's Scream IIPA is available), although sadly that's often difficult to pull off on this side of the pond.

---

Today's beverage du jour was some green tea with Moroccan mint, from Trader Joe's.  Good but not as good as Bigelow's Perfectly (née Plantation) Mint, which has black rather than green tea but more importantly a stronger spearmint flavor.

• Bump 1

5 hours ago, Sandy Bridge said:

You are a connoisseur!  I hadn't heard of those Utopias, it sounds more like a fine whiskey than a beer!  I think the most I've ever paid is about $28 for a 750ml of Founder's Canadian Breakfast Stout.  Which is definitely near the top of my favorites list.  Rochefort 10 and Westvleteren 12 are probably the top of list.  Haven't had them in years though, for obvious reasons for the latter.  Favorite brewery overall is New Glarus, I used to live in Wisconsin, and nearly every one of their beers is really good, I often even like their takes on styles that I typically dislike.  Wisconsin Belgian Red might be their best overall, those Door County cherries are so good.  Sadly my yearly resupply of New Glarus hasn't been feasible since the pandemic.

But most of the time I can find something local and less exotic that's really good too.  I tend to favor wheats on hot summer days, some variety of non-coffee stout in the winter, or a gose any time of the year.  If I want something more bitter, I'll take a pint of English bitter over an IPA any day (unless New Glarus's Scream IIPA is available), although sadly that's often difficult to pull off on this side of the pond.

---

Today's beverage du jour was some green tea with Moroccan mint, from Trader Joe's.  Good but not as good as Bigelow's Perfectly (née Plantation) Mint, which has black rather than green tea but more importantly a stronger spearmint flavor.

Yeah, I am down with anything beer or whisky (single malt and others).  We plan our husband and wife trips around breweries, distilleries and wineries.  Ha ha.  We are not allowed in Grow houses, or we would visit them too.  In Canada, the pandemic opened up our beer and wine aquisition abilities. They allowed product to cross provincial borders without restriction.  Great for us who love products not available at the local stores. I love our east coast breweries.  2 crows is our favorite.  Spindrift, garrison, pei brewing for Atlantic Canada. split rock, boomstick, western newfoundland brewing company and port Rexton for really good beer on the island of Newfoundland!  

As for the green leafy stuff, I bought 200 dollars worth of stuff from a place in BC.  got 54grams, a 1.1 gram 510 cartridge and 2 packs of gummies.  ha ha.  Buying that locally would cost me over 550 dollars.  Got to love mail order. 

Since I am trying to get around 50 lbs off me I am cutting back on the beverages and drinking flavored water for a while hence the large order of the good stuff!

• Like 1

im feeling lucky

on a side note everyone in the forums can swear but me? seems legit and fair

• Haha 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

8 hours ago, ryan said:

im feeling lucky

on a side note everyone in the forums can swear but me? seems legit and fair

You are correct! My only defense is that I didn't swear...I posted an offensive picture...."American beer" is foul language in anyone's world :classic_wink:

• Haha 2

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

its all good i don't think anyone was offended as we are all over the age of 30. was just saying.. some pretty extreme stuff has been posted

also @kojack i love your posts, i shouldnt have said what i said so i digress and appologise, i hope you and reciever move along and put it behind you.

we all are pretty much a family

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled