NotebookTalk

Mega society, the place for individuals that are 1 in a million

ryan

https://megasociety.org/

Quick question, does any one have a source for the test with answers and or samples. I would like to use it more for the puzzles and something to do. A day in the Life of Ryan gets dull and egregiously simple without stimulation.

Also if your interested in mental puzzles and cryptograms feel inclined to post.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

lol was a salvaged april fools joke. but the question remains, i'm sure it would take me weeks vs seconds to solve the problems incorrectly lol. 

christopher langan / most geniuses are not well known they tend to be socially awkward and poor lol oh the irony. Terence tao is a asian genius I think hes from australia and has reportedly an iq around langans (200) give or take 15 points, when your on that level pretty much everything you think is gibberish and discarded by the vast majority. he clung to math and thankfully maths when sound is factual and the language of the universe, pretty much everything good in this world was solved with math. thank god for Issac Newton

TT <---Link

CL  <---Link

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

The problem is that those "general intelligence" tests focus almost exclusively on problem solving and perhaps recall, whereas the two very important  (probably more important overall) aspects of human intelligence, namely executive function and creativity are harder to test I guess, and thus not included in those metrics. Usually not much on language processing either, which - as we know - is quite important. 

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

visual spatial? pattern recoginition I believe falls under creativity the ability to think outside the box or from a different angle

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

It's all been worked out on reputable IQ tests

only argument would be a person's EQ

Edited by ryan

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I think they are fairly accurate but yeah how do you truely measure intelligence. I get that

I'm a firm believer that we all have a couple strengths and weaknesses.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Right, clearly there are a number of dimensions which you would need to score individually. A single aggregate number for all aspects of intelligence would be meaningless, because it would depend on relative weights for each of the dimensions. 

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

yeah they have zones. Im a visionary philosopher based on my strengths. however someone can be linguistic visionary ect

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I don't need a hearing test said the blind man. 

@Etern4l do you know of a chrome/android app with good puzzles/ brain teasers? I find its enjoyable and passes the time while boosting confidence

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

i'll look into "peak"

I, as you know have degenerative thought disorder and wouldn't mind freshening up to stay alive another year

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

ok now iv'e heard of that through ads. I think brain games can help someone out that tends to think less than the average person. it stimulates the brain and causes the person in question to think more often. kinda like trying to sleep after playing a game of chess. I really do believe geniuses are made and most people can be 130-140 in score on a iq test with proper prep. but then again if more people were scoring 130-140 the mean would go up as is the case in singapore which if im not mistaken has the worlds smartest individuals

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah, the general body of evidence suggests that most of those "brain training" games don't have much in terms of lasting effect on general performance, but people who are intellectually less  active would benefit.

-- Max Tegmark

• 1 month later...

apparently my iq isn't the 223 that was first indicated lol. I always wondered what someone with a true  iq of 220 and up sounded like, like how they formulated their words and arranged their sentances. I looked up chris langan but his iq seems inflated, he talks like an average joe with a genius twist, no doubt he's a genius but 1 in a billion, are humans really this dumb. Ai is interesting to talk to but it's intelligence is not of the same feather.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled