NotebookTalk

HP dy2018ca and similar thread

ryan

I own a hp dy2018ca. And it is great for content consumption and light audio creation and editing. I am able to get 4 hours of heavy usage which I've never been able to get until owning this laptop. But the screen is an awful 1366x 768 with washed out colors. I upgraded my ram to 16gb and ssd to 1tb. Next will be a oled display upgrade and Backlit keyboard swap.

Does anyone know what oled display will work and if the laptop is gen 4 or gen 3. I can't seem to find the nitty gritty on specs. Thanks a bunch

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Post what HWINFO says about your current panel and we can work from there.

• Thumb Up 1

Dell Precision 7540 (Delta fans equipped) | Not in use: HP Elitebook 8470P, ThinkPad X131e, ThinkPad T61, Dell Precision M4800 (dead), HP Zbook 15 G2

Screenshot-1.png

it looks like dp 3 but i have no idea about other variables and what i can put in this laptop as far as screen goes. im wanting 1440p-4k and oled or miniled. thanks again

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

Screenshot-1.png

it looks like dp 3 but i have no idea about other variables and what i can put in this laptop as far as screen goes. im wanting 1440p-4k and oled or miniled. thanks again

God I hate how vague sometimes panels have in HWINFO. Usually there'd be a model number, but CMN1525 yielded nothing. Considering it's a 768p, it's likely a 30pin, and 40pin is needed for higher than 1080p and higher refresh rates. I don't know if there are any 40pins cable for your model, but I have a feeling there aren't any viable alternatives to what you want in your HP 15.

Okay, there are OLEDs that use 30pin but only two.

https://www.panelook.com/ATNA56YX02-0_Samsung_15.6_OLED_overview_52202.html

https://www.panelook.com/ATNA56YX01-0_Samsung_15.6_OLED_overview_55710.html

They're not 1440p and above, but it's more feasible than searching high and low for a cable that probably doesn't exist for this model.

Edited by Kitje
  • Like 1

Dell Precision 7540 (Delta fans equipped) | Not in use: HP Elitebook 8470P, ThinkPad X131e, ThinkPad T61, Dell Precision M4800 (dead), HP Zbook 15 G2

woah thanks alot. To my suprise I can get one for 100 cad. I was wondering if this is the right display  and OLED. it seems like too good of a deal, if its 100 im buying it next week and I was wondering is it hard to replace screens perhaps ill watch a youtube video on it. I did it a long time ago but i was smart back then lol kinda on the simple side now.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/ATNA56YX01-0/?set_currency=CAD

noice

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

14 minutes ago, ryan said:

woah thanks alot. To my suprise I can get one for 100 cad. I was wondering if this is the right display  and OLED. it seems like too good of a deal, if its 100 im buying it next week and I was wondering is it hard to replace screens perhaps ill watch a youtube video on it. I did it a long time ago but i was smart back then lol kinda on the simple side now.

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/ATNA56YX01-0/?set_currency=CAD

I've bought from them before, albeit when I bought an LCD for my 7540, I wasn't given the one they list but a close equivalent replacement. Finding a genuine one is the tough part...

• Thumb Up 1

after seeing how cheap all of this is heres my omen 16s hwinfo

image-2023-08-18-104633410.png

ill try to find one but im not good at finding screens

and thanks again, really helpful. ok I just checked and I cant find an oled at 16in or a mini led but surely one has to exist

if not do you know how to find the best possible display for my omen 16>?

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

42 minutes ago, ryan said:

if not do you know how to find the best possible display for my omen 16>?

Panelook isn't giving me a big choice, and the monitor name of the one you have right now gives me the panel N161HCA-GA1. The one standing out of all was the NE161QHM-NY1, which AliExpress seems to have and someone bought one and fitted it in their Omen 16.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003392681208.html#nav-review

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...