NotebookTalk

Right to be forgotten - TechTarget/TechnologyGuide

joluke

To exercise your access, data portability, deletion or “OPT OUT OF MY PERSONAL INFO” rights, please submit your request using this link:

https://www.techtarget.com/ccpa-privacy-notice/

Make sure you use the email you used in your account on notebookreview!

Do it, before unsavory types sell your data to ad companies!

Edited by Reciever
Replaced verbiage
  • Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Clevo P775DM3-G modded with 8700k - 48GB DDR4 - AUO LCD at 144hz - 4xSSDs

A tip: If you type your email in their forms, make sure you reply to the confirmation email they send to verify your email!

This is very important so that they finish removing every single data they have on you

I thought about this for a little while. From the options you have there, I'm not sure which is better between deletion and do not sell.

I chose delete my data but it may be tricky. Just to comply with the law they may delete but that's not stopping them from acquiring the same data again, maybe they have some sort of regular sync with another source database when they just replace the accounts which requested to be deleted.

• joluke changed the title to Right to be forgotten - TechTarget/TechnologyGuide
1 hour ago, cucubits said:

I thought about this for a little while. From the options you have there, I'm not sure which is better between deletion and do not sell.

I chose delete my data but it may be tricky. Just to comply with the law they may delete but that's not stopping them from acquiring the same data again, maybe they have some sort of regular sync with another source database when they just replace the accounts which requested to be deleted.

Still it is better than nothing and you have a confirmation email that you requested the deletion. If they don't comply, you can always press charges and sue 🙂

• Thumb Up 1

I requested to delete and then made another request to opt out of selling my data. 

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

19 hours ago, Custom90gt said:

I requested to delete and then made another request to opt out of selling my data. 

thanks for that! Only did the request to delete but now i also did the request to opt out of selling too :)