NotebookTalk

Laptop trolley for business trips (17,3"+)

Linux

Has anyone experience with taking his gaming laptop on business trips? Do you use a backpack or a suitcase? I have a sports bag where i put the machine on top of the clothing as additional padding.

I think that a trolley would be best, but i am not sure about the size. The gaming machines are often a little larger and thicker than typical 17,3" laptops.

I have found the Wenger Patriot and Samsonite GuardIT 2.0 for now, that also offer great quality.

2017 Clevo Laptop, TuxedoOS/Win11

6 hours ago, Linux said:

Has anyone experience with taking his gaming laptop on business trips? Do you use a backpack or a suitcase? I have a sports bag where i put the machine on top of the clothing as additional padding.

I think that a trolley would be best, but i am not sure about the size. The gaming machines are often a little larger and thicker than typical 17,3" laptops.

I have found the Wenger Patriot and Samsonite GuardIT 2.0 for now, that also offer great quality.

I had a look and I would be sceptical if those two would be large enough for an  17.3" or 18" laptop.

My favorite combo would probably be the Everki ContemPRO 17 with a regular suitcase unless the laptop has to be very deep (320mm and above).

image.png.26deccfdcdd8f55c22451a5ab9d58d78.png

On flights with carry on luggage that would probably be too much and if you want something that can be used in trolley form Everki has that, too with the Wheeled 420 case.

I have to admit that I do not see that much value in getting a special trolley based solution for laptops when it is clear that they are rare but there are many great suitcases with a trolley that I would personally prefer going on trips via airplane.

I use the Everki Titan myself and in fact it is wide enough to fit the very deep Clevo X170 and MSI GT77 laptops but it can also get quite heavy.

• Thumb Up 1