NotebookTalk

SSDs are so commoditized that pretty much anything from a recognizable brand is going to be decent.

• Thumb Up 2

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

MacBook Pro 14: M1 Max 10-core CPU | 64 GB RAM | 32-core GPU | 2 TB SSD | macOS

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

I have to agree, When searching for a SSD in 2024 the higher the storage so long as gen 3 and a brand you have heard before is a buy granted the price is right. but into the nitty gritty yes its a great drive, also look into the teamgroup ssds, they are a great bargain.

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I felt after owning multiple Samsung,WD and Micron SSDs.

Crucial/Micron - Just works but not performant compared to competition.

SK Hynix/Solidigm - Great SSD with best power/performance. Not available Worldwide.

Kingston - Great performant NAND and firmware with high TBW

Samsung - One of the best, but few drives can have ASPM issues with their drivers and certain budget drives can't upgrade their firmware

WD - One of the best but can have issues or problems like Samsung.

• Thumb Up 1

one more vote for samsung, I bought a T7 External SSD from samsung it was like half off and came to 280cad so I jumped as storage is an issue and since I own like 5 laptops all with usb c ports I thought it would be nice to just plug and play. It was concerning at first that it was just 680mbs and I thought well its faster than a HDD and in the end its 680mbs sustained and it actually feels lightning fast, everything transfers fast even small files, I have a sn850x a gen 4 ssd that needs to be moved to my gaming laptop but the T7 feels just as zippy as a 7400mbs ssd. if you need a fast high storage ssd that doesn't break the bank then a T7 on sale is a no brainer

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

thats smart to a degree. but honestly they all last a long extremely long time. I constantly reboot windows and reinstall OS and games almost weekly and my tbw on a average ssd will last 40 years

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled