NotebookTalk

FPS/Hz question

Linux

You may laugh, but i never have owned a system, that is capable of running/displaying more than 60fps.

What FPS or Hz do you see as a minimum for improvement after the base value of 60? I don't play shooters, MMOs are the most action the system would be getting.

I am pretty sure, i will need a new laptop and a monitor to get anything above 60 fps/Hz - my current display only supports 60Hz - but the main question are the minimum requirement. Resolution is also key. Huge difference between 2160p or 1440p, even for older games.

2017 Clevo Laptop, TuxedoOS/Win11

• 1 month later...

@Linux There is nothing funny about this, I have been using a 1080p display with a 60Hz frequency for a long time and it suited me perfectly for browsing and interacting with the system.

I think you will definitely see an improvement from a 120+ Hz monitor, the movements of windows and other content on the screen will become smoother, this is what I noted in the first place.

As for the resolution, it's probably depends more on the screen size and your requirements or preferences, so try to take a personal look at different models 1080p and above to choose the most comfortable for you.

It's a pretty good choice, I think you've already appreciated the increased frequency and higher resolution, as well as HDR support and low 1ms response.

• Thanks 1