NotebookTalk

Leia Lume Pad 2: Strikingly good

Review of the Leia LumePad 2 3D

Model- LPD-20W

Technical Specs

780g

Android 12 (Supports Google Play Services)

Qualcomm SnapDragon 888 (2.8GHz)

Qualcomm Kryo 680 (Octa-Core)

Adreno 660

Qualcomm Hexagon 780

8GB LPDDR5 RAM (Extended RAM up to 14GB)

128GB Flash UFS 3.1

MicroSD UHS-1 Slot up to 2TB

Fingerprint Sensor
Face Unlock

Li-Ion 9270mAh (Non-Removable)
Super Fast Charging 65W+

High-Strength Gorilla Glass Cover Glass
Anodized Aluminum Enclosure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is just a quick mini review by no means does it cover everything

I picked up this tablet on Amazon.com for 499.99 plus import charges and Tax to Canada coming out to around 750 CAD. steep Price for a SD888 non oled device
It Has great specs but definetly not flagship in 2024 more mid range. the 2560x1600 display is vibrant and clear with good contrast no as far as Pulse width modulation goes I did a 10 hour gaming session with no signs of tired eyes. the speakers lets be honest they are usually a weakness of tablets from companies that new fresh on the market but these feature a full featured dolby atoms quad speaker array and they are loud crisp and have great mids highs but a touch weak on the lows they don't thump but they are impressively loud and clear.

As for the general use performance, this thing screams like a sd 8 gen 3 processor in terms of user experience, you click you tube and before you can blink the page is loaded very zippy and responsive. The OS is android 12L and has Leia inspired themes at default, this is what people that are elitist hardcore windows/android users. minimalistic with only important APPs installed. I prefer this version of android over my S21 Ultras Android 14. so overall very nice as it lets you start from scratch and build your visual experience how you want and how it should be.

Next, Battery life. now this is a strange one. typically when you max out a 800-1000 dollar tablet you get somewhere in the range of 5 hours screen on time. this bad boy not so much, you will get 3-4 hours using max brightness/performance mode/max speakers and taxing it with a heavy game or running 3d..oh yeah forgot to say this thing has a trick or two to make it one of the most interesting and immersive tablets money can buy. glasses free 3d..no gimmicks no strings attached. now this subject of battery life is strange because when you turn down the brightness to 2-8 percent brightness it looks how typical tablets look at 50 percent brightness, but heres the kicker you will easily get 11 hours taxing the tablet while gaming streaming videos and surfing the web. I personally like to set brightness slider to 0 and turn off speakers and go into airplane mode and play real racing for hours, I get 5 percent drain after 1 hour and 6 min so a little over 20 hours of gaming if you really puch the battery saving measures. as far as VLC and playing back local videos, expect an astonishingly long 33 plus hours. so yeah maxed not so good battery saver and lowering settings, unusually good. I highly recommend this tablet if you dont mind lowering settings and battery is king. Now the interesting catch twenty 2. this thing supports super fast charging 65w super charging. so your tablet will charge extremely quick so if you dont mind taking a coffee break for 10-30min this thing will be back up to 80-90 percent.

Now the reason I bought the thing, Artificial Intelligence 3D conversion in real time. this thing lets you stream youtube videos that are say 4k 2d hdr in impressive 3d live with a short ten second wait to begin stream. some of the conversions look better than the imax and NASA conversions from the early 2000s its just that good. the sbs 3d movies that play natively off microsd card or internal storage look good enough to be labled holographic. its far from perfect there is sometimes flickering and ghosting but 99 percent of the time in proper lighting conditions this thing is impressive. you basically get Unlimited 3d coversions from adult sites like youtube ect. And this thing supports micro sd up to 2tb I will be getting a 1.5tb micro sd to store sbs 3d movies and a few favorites. but the fact it runs sbs movies from your home collection and converts video streams is impressive enough, leveraging AI to create depth maps that allow for accurate 3d effects and even slight pop out on native 2d movies. when I saw my first sbs avatar video I was seriously impressed kept thinking wow unreal.

S oooo overall id give this tablet a solid buy if 3d interests you even the slightest. if you need a 2d tablet and wont use 3d...this tablet is not for you unless the price drops to 399.99 usd then its a very exceptional deal.

so many things I missed but meh im tired posted 3 000 times small community but the die hards might just be interested in something like this.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Screenshot-20240714-215503.jpg

Screenshot-20240714-215525.jpg

Screenshot-20240714-215548.jpg

impressive SD888 performance and battery life is exceptional

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Finally got the 100w super charger. Anker 736 charger. Goes from 0 to 80 in just under 46 minutes. Your not going to be very wise charging past 80 as charging to 80 results in 1 tenth of a charging cycle and should be ample power to last the day. I'm getting 11 to 13 hours listening to music while surfing playing games and all the while with decent brightness. Very very impressed with this tablet, I saw a few people complaining about software ect and they have no idea what they are talking about or the comments were prior to all the updates. I can get a 1.5tb micro sd and have all my downloads and 3d pictures stored there. App wise...no one's going to need more than 100 apps, I can see 50 or 60 tops but that basically includes programs you install and never touch. I'm going to say in all aspects this tablet in beyond words...buy it at 499 and call it a day. Nothing on the market overall is a better package the only other two are apples m4 ipad pro and xiaomis 6s pro plus..both cost more and lack any bonus features that can be used practically 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Took some 3d photos at the park they turned out nice. Impressive.

Found out they advertise 33w charging but it's actually 65w. 0 to 100 in 80 minutes. As far as 2d goes it's great, it has nice performance I'd say a sd 8 gen 2 level snappiness. Even though it's an ips display it has very nice depth contrast and colors, not on an oled level but still good. It's really hard to say if this tablet is a must buy! In all honesty I'd say wait for the lume pad 3. The 3d effect on movies is still impressing me and it's been 3 weeks, hard to say if I'll end up just using it as. 2d tablet, I think just having the option warrants the extra 100 over competitors regular tablets I mean 500 bucks won't get you much more even if you ignore 3d.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 weeks later...

Took some pics at the park and at city hall. Very nice cameras. Clear as day, also one thing unique is when you take a 3d macro shot it looks like your actually seeing it through a glass window. Overall super impressed and until the nubia pad 2 comes out this remains king of tablets.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 2 weeks later...

bought a 1 tb microsd card...ripping a few 3d blurays..working on born to be wild, rip is a whopping 30gb, now just converting audio to aac so that i get sharp image and sound on my lume pad 2. will report back, should knock my socks off!

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

well I got it working

changed sd to exfat file system

just gorgeous, it is very sharp for a half sbs video, almost looks as good as 4k but then again it is 30gb in file size for a 50min imax documentary.

this is one of those pieces of tech that catches you off guard and keeps doing it over and over constantly in a state of perpetual amazement. 10/10 nothing wrong with the tablet itself, 3d has come a long way. this tablet has replaced my 5 computers as my goto device. maybe @Bullit your right, going with a tablet for everything does seem like the smarter choice.

reminds me of my grandma and her radio then 40 years later cd player....we typically get acustomed to things we grew up with and transistioning is the hard part regardless of how impressive it is. im trying, bought a VR headset thinking of xreal air glasses, dabbling in AI...overall im impressed with what 23-24 has brought us. AI is one of those things I want to savour. it can do alot but figuring it all out will take alot of time and patience

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah I still use my gaming laptop for that.just saying it replaces a ultra book and notebook and cell usage as main device..technically I could sell off all but one computer and not have to worry about missing capabilities 

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah, but i would still want to have the smartphone (and the xiaomi band to receive the messages and emails from smartphone to check if should reach for it or not - very helpful , reduces the chances of dropping the smartphone several fold since most messages and mail are not urgent so i don't have to pick it up) . will update soon my miband 4 350 nits to the mi band 9 1200 nits.

• Thumb Up 1

meant time spent on the cell phone for media consumption. I can only speak for myself but before i was on my laptop for 7 hours a day listening to music playing the odd game. other times it was my cell phone. now with a great tablet im on my tablet 99.9 percent of the time

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Oh. okay then. A good tablet of today is much more performer than a PC from 10 years ago, and to today ones  makes no noise so you can connect to Hi-Fi( i have an old one from 1972) and listen to music or a film without fans making noise and to round it up a much better screen than a crap 600 laptop.

• Thumb Up 1

yeah my laptop is getting old, pushing 3 years..it still runs everything ultra at 1080p but its more enjoyable gaming on a tablet and with geforce now I can game on it while playing desktop 4080 level games.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled