NotebookTalk

3+ M2 Slots

Linux

At the moment only 17"+ highend laptops (3000$/€ and up) are offering more than two internal M2 slots. Dell, Lenovo, MSI and also Schenker (maybe Clevo chassis?) have one. Didn't find anything else. Do you think, this will be available for midend laptops "soonish" as well? My 2017 build is still running fine, but my internal SSD (M2+2,5") are used for my main Linux and a debloated Win11 installation. Distro testing is done exclusively via external USB SSDs. I have a couple of Sandisk Extreme Pro for that, they are fast and reliable. It's fine this way, but having a 3rd internal option would be nice in the future. I am always separating my OS physically, it's better this way.

2017 Clevo Laptop, TuxedoOS/Win11

Maybe i should have checked with Clevo directly beforehand. They are already offering serveral midrange models (starting at around 1500€) with up to 3 M2 slots. All of them BGA, but i don't have issues with that.

2017 Clevo Laptop, TuxedoOS/Win11