NotebookTalk

iPhone 15 pro/Max durability. They have none.

kojack

So we were changing over the iPhone display like we do all the time for new model devices in the store and when it was time to remove the two way tape attached to our security systems on the phones, this happened.  The regular 15 and plus handled the removal fine just like every other device we have ever swapped out from any manufacturer.  The pro and pro max however shattered under minimal pressure to remove said tape.  

It just reinforces what I say about apple devices currently.  More style than substance. 

PXL_20240920_114201005.jpg

PXL_20240920_114220902.jpg

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

4 hours ago, Bullit said:

That is quite bad.. What Apple said?

25 minutes ago, Reciever said:

No heat applied before removal?

Apple has not said anything they do not know about it.  They will find out when they get the phones back from the demo program. 

No sir. No heat applied.  basically twist a stuck on sensor until tape comes off.  I have done this to hundreds of different phones in the past three years.  People use this same adhesive to keep their pop sockets on their phones. 

9 minutes ago, kojack said:

Apple has not said anything they do not know about it.  They will find out when they get the phones back from the demo program. 

No sir. No heat applied.  basically twist a stuck on sensor until tape comes off.  I have done this to hundreds of different phones in the past three years.  People use this same adhesive to keep their pop sockets on their phones. 

Didnt know, I use a clear case for my 7 Pro and attach what I want to that, for now a magnet for my car mount. The Texas heat would just make a mess of most adhesives so applying directly to the phone seemed like a non starter.

On 9/21/2024 at 8:29 PM, Reciever said:

Didnt know, I use a clear case for my 7 Pro and attach what I want to that, for now a magnet for my car mount. The Texas heat would just make a mess of most adhesives so applying directly to the phone seemed like a non starter.

These are our in store demos. They have to have these attached to them so they are protected from theft.  Like I said, we have had hundreds of devices on our demo stations that we removed and took off the 2 way adhesive tape without issue. The 15 pro series (regular 15s were fine, go figure) glass shattered at the lightest hint of pressure to remove.  I would not want to go naked with these phones and drop them.  one little drop even on a table could shatter them.  That's how thin the glass is around the coil for the charger. 

• Sad 1