NotebookTalk

Powerful but small gaming laptop

General Questions

1) What is your budget? Not a concern. 

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen

3) In which country will you buying this notebook? USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? Willing to explore options. 

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed? Probably not. 

6) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook? Gaming. Office work. 

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both? Primarily on the desk but would like it to be portable, with decent battery.

😎 Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?) Yes. First person shooters, sandbox games, strategy, simulators. 

9) How many hours of battery life do you need? I don’t have a requirement, but I’d like it to be reliable for at least a few hours. 

10) Would you prefer to see the notebook you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK? Pictures are fine. 

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc. Windows.
12) What ports do you require on your laptop? (ex. MiniDisplayPort or HDMI? Displayport or USB-C w/ DP?)
USB, HDMI. I’d like multiple USB ports on both sides of the laptop if possible. I don’t like it when there is only one USB port. 

Screen Specifics

13) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? See further below for explanations. 1080p or better if possible. 

14) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? See further below for explanations. Prefer matte but will consider glossy if other attributes are there. 

Build Quality and Design

15) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you? I’ll consider anything but prefer very basic black, silver, or gray. Something business-like. 

Notebook Components

16) How much storage space do you need? A lot. Would like to be able to fit one or two terabyte SSDs. Msata SSD is acceptable. 

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

17) When do you consider purchasing this laptop? Not in a hurry and willing to wait for best options or hardware. 

18) How long do you expect to use this laptop? 5-10 years. 

19) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail? I have backups. My current gaming laptop is 7 years old but still runs well. 

20) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage? Willing to ship to a vendor. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll suggest the ASUS Zephryus 14 since its one of the best 14" inch gaming laptops in the market.

• Thumb Up 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2