NotebookTalk

Separate audio outputs hdmi and internal speakers

Hertzian56

I was wondering how to or if it was possible to have separate audio outputs when you connect an hdmi to an external tv or monitor with speakers. This is useful when gaming and watching video on another screen or vice versa. Usually have headphones for  the game and listen in at certain times but want the audio from the tv to be primary. I thought this was a nice trick that's niche really. So I have a link to someone who figured this out, keep in mind you have to have the game running to do this so it's selectable.

So go to settings, system, sound, advanced sound options and just select each output for each listed app/software. So I'd have VLC output to the hdmi and say Cyberpunk output to the realtek internal speakers. No more having to mute game sounds while watching something from disk on the external.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-to-separate-sounds-so-I-can-play-games-and-have-the-sound-play-on-my-speakers-and-simultaneously-stream-movie-and-have-its-sound-play-from-the-TV