NotebookTalk

What's the lighest/smallest laptop whose keyboard also includes a numpad section?

1) What is your budget?
~1000$ but can increase if needed. Just trying to find cheapest option that meets requirements as this will not be my primary laptop.

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
The major requirement im looking for, the lightest and smallest screen size possible while still having a numpad keyboard

3) In which country will you buying this notebook?
USA

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: N/A
b. Dislike: N/A

5) Would you consider laptops that are refurbished/redistributed?
yes

6) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
internet browsing and basic office applications

7) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
taking it places, thats why I'm in need of a light/smallest possible while still having a numpad key section

8.) Will you be playing games on your notebook? (If so, please state which games or types of games?)
No

9) How many hours of battery life do you need?
7+ hrs, preferred at least 10

10) Would you prefer to see the notebook you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
online is fine

11) What OS do you prefer? Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS, etc.
must be windows capable
12) What ports do you require on your laptop? (ex. MiniDisplayPort or HDMI? Displayport or USB-C w/ DP?)
1 standard USB, no other ports needed

Screen Specifics

13) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? See further below for explanations.
no preference

14) Do you want a glossy/reflective screen or a matte/non-glossy screen? See further below for explanations.
no preference

Build Quality and Design

15) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?
Not a requirement but i'm not a fan of touchpads without separate left/right click buttons, but thats rare to come by now days so not a hard stop

Notebook Components

16) How much storage space do you need?
10GB, most the stuff will be online

Timing, Warranty and Longevity

17) When do you consider purchasing this laptop?
by end of year

18) How long do you expect to use this laptop?
a few years

19) How long could you afford to do without your laptop if it were to fail?
not a problem, i have a main desktop

20) Would you be willing to pay significantly extra for on-site warranty, or would it be acceptable to you to have to ship the laptop to the vendor for repair with perhaps a week or more outage?
ship to vendor is fine

in short, my main main requirements are:
-Long battery life
-lightest and smallest possible while still having a numpad key section on the keybord
-not a must but I would consider/like a touchscreen as well

Thank you for your time 🙂

Ok, this doesn't answer your query, but maybe worth considering something like this? 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._e2X3Q2UW7opsFotnjIj5wHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=780f4aecd759dfd1ff49a32bc7483501d9da1a1798d7aeb511fbb6251c2e4e32&ipo=images

I haven't really researched into the whole "lightest laptop with a numpad", but I would assume that a "dedicated numpad" requirement would limit your options, whereas a separate usb numpad won't add any noticeable weight while carrying it around. The only way I could see this not being a very good option is if you're working on the lap most of the time.

But good luck with your search anyways.

GitHub

Currently and formerly owned laptops (specs below):

Serenity                    -> Dell Precision 5560
N-1                             -> Dell Precision 5560 (my lady's)

Razor Crest              -> Lenovo ThinkPad P16 (work)
Millenium Falcon    -> Dell Precision 5530 (work)
Axiom                        -> Lenovo ThinkPad P52 (work)
Moldy Crow             -> Dell XPS 15 9550

Spoiler

Senenity / N-1: Dell Precision 5560
    i7-11800H CPU
    1x32 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    512 GB SSD
    NVIDIA T1200
    FHD+ 1920x1200
    PopOS 22.04

Millenium Falcon: Dell Precision 5530
    i9-8950HK CPU
    2x16 GB DDR4 2,666 MHz
    1 TB SSD
    NVIDIA Quadro P2000
    UHD 3840x2160
    Ubuntu 22.04 / Windows 10 LTSC

I don't know about the smallest laptop with a number pad, but I would check out the LG Gram 15 since they are quite reasonable when it comes to size and weight, even for a 15" laptop. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Bump 1

Desktop | Intel i9-12900k | ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F | 2x16GB Oloy DDR5 @ 6400mhz CL32 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | AW3821DW| 980 Pro 1TB PCIe 4.0 | All under water |

Server | SM846 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7F52 | Supermicro H12SSL-I | Tesla P40 24GB | 256GB 3200MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Backup Server | SM826 | Unraid  6.12.0-rc4.1 | AMD Epyc 7302 | Supermicro H11SSL-I | Tesla P4 8GB | 256GB 2133MHz ECC 8-channel | 100+TB ZFS |

Dell XPS 9510 | Intel  i7-11800H | RTX 3050 Ti | 16GB 3200mhz | 1TB SX8200 | 1080P |

I think the Samsung Galaxy Book Pro (or the newer Book2 Pro) 15.6 is the other contender for the crown of being the lightest. Last year's models of both the Gram 15 and the Galaxy Book Pro can be found within the $1000 budget.  Notebookcheck have comprehensive reviews of both https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Book-Pro-15-NP950XDB-laptop-review-Insanely-lightweight.585548.0.html , https://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-of-the-LG-Gram-15Z90P-1-1-kg-2-4-lb-15-inch-laptop.595386.0.html .

Notebookcheck's data indicates that the Samsung is the smaller and lighter of the two but has only a 64Whr battery compared to the LG's 80Whr battery. The Samsung also has an AMOLED display. I would suggest that you read both reviews. If you have any specific questions then it may be best to ask them in the appropriate manufacturer forums here as there are a few members who own one of these brands if not the specific size you are considering. I have a Gram 17 as my main computer and a Galaxy Book Pro 13.3 for using when away from home. I personally have found no cause for concern about the lack of rigidity in these thin and light notebooks. There was a time when the mainboards of notebooks extended the full width of the case and any flexing resulted in stress on the electronics. Now the mainboards are much smaller with supplementary boards and ports connected using ribbon cables.

• Thumb Up 2