NotebookTalk

Dell Inspiron 5406 2 in 1. Upgrades complete!

kojack

Hey everyone.  

2 years ago, my husky stepped on my previous dell 2 in 1 5687 (i think) and broke the screen.  I upgraded to the inspiron 14 5406 2 in 1 with the 1165G7 processor and irisXE graphics.  It came with 12 gb of ram, and a 512gb SSD.  Since moving on and getting some field work for photography and videography, I have upgraded my system to a 4tb Hynix SSD and 64gb of patriot ram.  The screen, overall build quality and feel of this system is great. 

I repasted the cpu and gpu and that made a big difference in the cooling of the machine as well when encoding video.  I am currently completing a setup where I have the same basic system as my desktop workstation in a portable package. I have a 2 SSD enclosure for scratch and project drives for resolve, a 2tb storage drive for finished projects, a second 14-inch portable monitor with touch for dual display work and more.  Overall, this system has everything I need to get work done while mobile. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses