NotebookTalk

Samsung tab a 7 lite. Awesome little tablet!

kojack

I had a tab a8 for jeep navigation for a couple of years. I the only thing is that one never had a compass. Fast forward 2 months ago, I win a new tab a7 lite. I am typing this on it now and I think it's a great tablet for the price. I recommend it for someone looking for a cheap device to read and watch content on. 

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

oh nice, Im thinking of buying a 256gb ipad 9th gen...i used to have one just didnt have a use for it but now after being forced to use my phone for 3 months for gaming ect i see it can be really nifty

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I use mine for navigation in the back country readly magazines and tv purposes when we are in cabins etc with no tv. 

• Thumb Up 1

I use it for navigation in the backcountry and if we are in a cabin or hotel room with no tv in the bedroom.  When we are outside it's not being used. We enjoy nature plenty...hiking, camping, mountain biking, snowboard, snowshoeing.....etc.  FYI. 

oh nice yes canadians are known for that....ever been to jasper? so gorgeous, a lake with white sand you can walk across

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I have. The rocky mountains are amazing in Canada.  I have been to most every major place in Canada.  I lived in Yellowkinife for a year and a half working on the incorporation of Nunavut as a new territory in the mid/late 90s.  Very interesting work. Been to BC, AB, ON, QE, NS, NB, and live in NL!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Anyone in the market for a budget tablet should consider the Samsung S6 Lite '2022 refresh'.  I had just bought the Samsung A8 from Costco for $299 - $100 rebate (so basically $200), but then read about the S6 Lite 2022 version. It's a re-do of the original S6 lite, but with improvements. I can't address all the differences but it sounded good enough for me to return my A8 and buy the S6 Lite 2022, also from Costco, for a few bucks more. It comes with the S-pen, which I'd never used before and I'm still finding a real purpose for, but something to play with.   I basically leave this by my sofa for doing quick lookups while watching TV, and occasionally watching a movie or show when 'she' is watching something on the big screen that I don't like; just a bit easier on the eyes than my smartphone, which is what I used to use for that purpose. 

This article does some direct comparisons with other models, including the A8. 

https://mynexttablet.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-s6-lite-2022-review/

• Thumb Up 1

Yeah, the s6 lite is a great tablet.  It's right there with my 10th gen iPad actually.  I would choose either. Just I got a deal on 2 iPads at work so we jumped on them.  We use them as content consumption devices. 

13 hours ago, kojack said:

Yeah, the s6 lite is a great tablet.  It's right there with my 10th gen iPad actually.  I would choose either. Just I got a deal on 2 iPads at work so we jumped on them.  We use them as content consumption devices. 

The S6 Lite is just a few ounces lighter than the A8 tablet, but - the 'frame' is a bit more rounded at the edges and the combination of the two makes it easier on the hands (palms) when holding. I believe the S6 Lite (2022) is also a few ounces heavier than the latest iPad Air's, but not enough to notice.  I'm quite liking the new 'multi-tasking' support they've added to Android 13 (maybe it was there in 12)? - you basically get a windows-like taskbar at the bottom to select active (and possibly recently used) apps, and you can also do split-screen and floating screen layouts quite nicely (this is also possible on my Android-11 based S10+ phone, but not much use on the phone due to the much smaller screen). 

I watched a few episodes of some recent shows quite comfortably using the S6 Lite, and also managed to 'cast' a Netflix show to my LG OLED TV.  

• Thumb Up 1

10 hours ago, Steerpike said:

The S6 Lite is just a few ounces lighter than the A8 tablet, but - the 'frame' is a bit more rounded at the edges and the combination of the two makes it easier on the hands (palms) when holding. I believe the S6 Lite (2022) is also a few ounces heavier than the latest iPad Air's, but not enough to notice.  I'm quite liking the new 'multi-tasking' support they've added to Android 13 (maybe it was there in 12)? - you basically get a windows-like taskbar at the bottom to select active (and possibly recently used) apps, and you can also do split-screen and floating screen layouts quite nicely (this is also possible on my Android-11 based S10+ phone, but not much use on the phone due to the much smaller screen). 

I watched a few episodes of some recent shows quite comfortably using the S6 Lite, and also managed to 'cast' a Netflix show to my LG OLED TV.  

the android tablet experience has improved ALOT.  I always liked it.  The S6 lite is a much better value than the 10th gen iPad. I don't have the cool new Apple multitasking, side car if you use it, pencil is 100 bucks extra and I had to pay much more to get extra storage.  I do get imessage and facetime on it which is two of the main reasons I wanted it, plus some apps are just more "polished" on apples side.  I do wish that the EU forces apple to open up their software to others (imessage, facetime, news+ and others).  I will pay for the use, but I would never own an apple device again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I totally agree with you on the Samsung Tab A 7 Lite being an awesome little tablet! I've been using Android tablets for a while now, and I agree that the experience has improved a lot over the years. I also think that the S6 Lite is a better value than the 10th gen iPad.
Regarding Apple's software, I think it would be great if they were forced to open up their software to others, like iMessage, Facetime, News+, and others. I recently stumbled upon a website called zumroad.com that has a lot of useful information about these topics.

• Thumb Up 1

Yes it has. I still think Apple hit it out of the park with iPad, but Samsung has great devices as well, and the mod'ability of the android platform is great to have as well.  I used an S8 at work yesterday.  It is very well built etc, but lacks the polish in apps compared to the iPad.  I use to balk at that statement but it's true. 

My little A7 is awesome though.  lightweight, fast, has everything I need, and battery life is great too. 

• Thumb Up 1

@kojack I wrecked my duet, I'm either going to buy another one or get something else. What has a oled screen and a more powerful cpu sd 845 up and is fairly big with battery life around 15 hours with a keyboard dock or at the very least support and availability.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

@kojack I wrecked my duet, I'm either going to buy another one or get something else. What has a oled screen and a more powerful cpu sd 845 up and is fairly big with battery life around 15 hours with a keyboard dock or at the very least support and availability.

Not sure.  I would get another duet...that's a deal!

will you marry me>? i have a 1 million dollar ring....why not get the ring and sell it lol...prob is you have already given your virginity...much like the situation im in

i have never had a device that has 12 hours of battery life while gaming and now that i have experienced it im not sure i want to give it up

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled