Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Siplast

Member
  • Posts

    35
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Siplast

  1. I got the fan in and unfortunately it will not fit the m18xr2. If you hear of any more mods let me know and I will do the same.
  2. I will check it for m18xr2 when it comes In and let you know if It could work .
  3. You might send him a msg. Just to be sure
  4. Sorry, this is for the m17xr4. There is a topic in this forum on it. I don't know about the m18xr2 being able to utilize this fan? SuperMG was definitely referring to the m17 .
  5. https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=11980 Here it is.
  6. Do you have a part no. or any more info on the fan you suggest.
  7. I think he is water cooling to use a 4080 or a 4090 which would be 150w or better
  8. The Laptop SuperMG is speaking of is Clevo P775TM and I think he designed custom water cooling for his laptop that Cicichen from ebay and Amazon is building for him
  9. Was able to get flex ratio to 32 after disable and boot back into bios but the 3940 i have would not go past 4.6. I guess ill borrow the 2133 from my other m18x r2 and just populate 2 sticks in the bottom instead of 2 up top and two on bottom. This should increase my oc and make it more stable if I tighten the timings. I also have two other 3940xm's stored away loose and one in my M17x r4. Looks like a project for the weekend. Thanks for the input !
  10. my mistake, long day at work. Just saw that you said the cpu heatsink was not good, but that the gpu heatsink is good ! Thanks for that
  11. So the stock one will work with xvision 3080 ?
  12. Got the backlight mod in today from you and thanks ! Now to get the heatsink so I can try it out
  13. They messaged me back and has a few left on Amazon. What OC have you been able to get with that 3940 ?
  14. They did a great job on 3080 heatsink for M18XR2, said it was version 2. Bulged up the keyboard a bit bit trimmed small piece from the cover and it fit pretty nice.
  15. I would like to see pictures of that when you get it ! I would like to see pictures of that when you get it !
  16. Looking for custom heatsink for M17x r4 for the 3080 with backlight mod as a next project.
  17. I have 2133 in my other m18xr2 but I don't really want to break down that set up right now
  18. M18xr2 with unlocked a11 by swick/ Svl7 with 3940xm 32gb of 1866(needs to be 2133mhz but impossible to find anymore) Using and xvision rtx3080mxm that the vbios is locked to 115w. Trying to get a great firestrike score with oc from the bios. Seems I will have to use Intel XTU for tuning my oc. Did you download the a11 from ssj92 on this site or another? Thanks
  19. Just read your post and was hoping you might inform me as to which unlocked bios you are using on the M18xr2 ? I have the same mods as you using 3080. On overclocking I can only set the flex ratio override to a max of 25 and yours is set to 32 ? I know that the 3940xm and 3920xm have differing available settings are you using 3920 on the m18xr2 in the pics ? I am using Swick unlocked A11 Thanks
  20. Thanks to all of you, especially ssj92 for helping me to upgrade one of m18x r2s to the x-vision rtx 3080. The upgrade went quite easily as far as hardware but I will still need to tweak the bios and windows settings to get as much performance gain as possible. I will post 3d mark scores for others who might be interested In trying this upgrade as well.
  21. Have you been able to try the 4090 on m17x r4? The 3080 I have ordered is for the m18x r2 but thinking about 4090 for m17x r4 If it wont burn up due to heat issues ?
  22. Can you send me a link to your backlight mod v.2 please ? I believe this Is your concept , Yes?
  23. Were you able to get your m18x r2 to post with the 1070?
  24. Marco, Do you still have the board view and schematics for m18x r2? The link above does not seem to exist on site anymore? Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use