NotebookTalk

No reaction from admins, so i made a new account

Linux

I am not really new here, my "old" alias was defcon42.

I have been trying to get a password reset directly and by using the contact form for almost 2 months now and didn't get any reaction at all. I got a new phone and the authenticator for 2FA couldn't obviously know the site info.

Since i am dual-booting to Linux Mint/Win11 i got me a fitting new alias as well.

When looking at my own Clevo thread, it seems that i am still the only one using the P670HP6-G. I am still in awe of this machine, it feels like a lottery pick or maybe the guys from OBSIDIAN-PC (RIP) just did an outstanding job building it. It nears the 6 year mark and is as fast as on the first day. Dead silent when not gaming, battery health >90% and all temperatures always in a good range.

Let's see, what i have missed in the last months and most important, who else is running Linux on a gaming laptop in here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Reciever said:

Welcome back! 

We do not do password resets under any circumstance, for any member.

But why are you offfering them in the login form at all in the first place? You even get a success message that an e-mail has been sent for a reset.

In addition, an answer via contact form is also not too much to ask, even if the request is denied.

1 hour ago, Linux said:

But why are you offfering them in the login form at all in the first place? You even get a success message that an e-mail has been sent for a reset.

In addition, an answer via contact form is also not too much to ask, even if the request is denied.

That is an automated process, which is not what is originally described. What you describe is for me to personally reset a password based on request. I have no way to guarantee you are who you say you are, which presents other repercussions if we were to engage in that scenario. 

I have tested the automated reset system and it's email functions, everything appears to function as desired. Perhaps your email service may need to be re-evaluated? 

@RecieverI am using a well-known e-mail provider, with which i had never any issues regarding registration processes. I used the same for the new account as well, only with another alias for apparent reasons.
Not an issue anymore, i have a new account and i can live with that.

• Thumb Up 1