NotebookTalk

Sony Announces New Walkman Models, NW-A300 and NW-ZX700

Sandy Bridge

Sony has announced two new Walkman models, available in Japan, Europe, and the UK, and starting at 46,000 yen/399 Euros.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/01/new-sony-walkman-music-players-feature-stunning-good-looks-android-12/

They feature 3.5mm headphone jacks, real physical buttons for all the music controls, classic Sony industrial design, and expandable microSD storage.  No need to dust off that old M2 Micro card, you can use standard memory formats now!

Anyone planning to pick one up or still rocking a dedicated mp3 player?  It's a bit pricey for my "Mobile Devices & Gadgets" budget (I'm more for the notebooks and desktops), but it does have some appeal with its expandable storage, headphone jack, and audio focus.  A potential replacement for my old iPhone that's now an iPod?  Maybe someday.

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

• Sandy Bridge changed the title to Sony Announces New Walkman Models, NW-A300 and NW-ZX700