NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

I dont know if this is a good score or not but I heard people were getting 6000 plus for their gen 4 ssds

Screenshot-157.png

also @MyPC8MyBrainI deleted my system 32 folder like you suggested and now my computer wont boot? ideas?

• Confused 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

45 minutes ago, ryan said:

I deleted my system 32 folder like you suggested

I don't ever recall suggesting you delete system32 folder,
you should technically not be able to do that while system is live,
your best bet is to restore the folder from a backup if you actually deleted it,

• Sad 1

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

lol gottcha...hehe

naw its fine bro just trying to bring people in here back to life. I just deleted the windows folder..runs fast for some reason

pic of it in my recycle bin below...just deleted it

Screenshot-158.png

your tweaks are strange but man o man do I get a performance uplift deleting everything

so a while back you said delete all dlls? do a windows search for .dll and delete every one? I did that and now my computers frozen not joking....it really is kidding aside

won't lie kinda upset with the gaming tweak below

Bsodwindows10.png

also when i was on a pron site you said follow the steps. i did. it said click me so i did and it kept going now all i see is a blue screen in chinese

little update i broke 80k in timespy extreme with my laptop 3060. it took hard work and alot of tweaks but here i am. without further ado/

Screenshot-160.png

too anyone reading this, I highly recommend you delete all .dll files on your computer if your want 20x the performance in game, I know it might seem too good to be true but its not I really did get 20x more performance

• Haha 6

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

before @MyPC8MyBrain dll tweak

Screenshot-161.png

after @MyPC8MyBrain delete al dlls. incredible

Screenshot-160.png

Sir your ahead of me.

I just repasted and now im north of 90 183 in time spy extreme

should I delete all my .exe files also im sure that will pump out another 30k

@Mr. Fox is their any reason you can think of as to why my scores are double yours with your 4090 vs my 3060?

#believe nothing

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

ni·hil·ist
noun

1. a person who believes that life is meaningless and rejects all religious and moral principles.
    "it is impossible to argue against a nihilist"
Edited by Reciever
multi-quote please
  • Haha 5

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

@Etern4l bro I kid you not. format your harddrives and then use systweak to delete your system32 folder then systematically delete every .dll file and your scores in timespy will sky rocket

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

2 minutes ago, ryan said:

@Etern4l bro I kid you not. format your harddrives and then use systweak to delete your system32 folder then systematically delete every .dll file and your scores in timespy will sky rocket

Sure. Just a small correction: if if format a harddrive, everything on it, including any .dlls will be gone already - otherwise a solid plan bro :)

• Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

5 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Sure. Just a small correction: if if format a harddrive, everything on it, including any .dlls will be gone already - otherwise a solid plan bro 🙂

Teeeeeechniiicallllllyy

All the data would still be there, just the hooks for that data would be removed, isnt it?

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

8 hours ago, Reciever said:

Teeeeeechniiicallllllyy

All the data would still be there, just the hooks for that data would be removed, isnt it?

Technically only true in case of the quick format. Full format will overwrite all data and unused space.

True these days, thanks!

Either way there wouldn't be any dlls for us to go delete manually afterwards as far as the OS is concerned :)

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

50 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Full format will overwrite all data and unused space.

quick and full format both only remove headers, the difference full format also runs full bad sector scan after marking headers where's quick format bad sector scan is skipped, back in the day common practice with conventional spinning drives with MFT was 7 time format should get enough data removed to the point it cannot be reconstructed or guessed with forensic tools,

• Thumb Up 2

the impossible is not impossible, its just haven't been done yet.

Pay more get less. Is this the correct way to spell it for the new and modern? Or should we change it and instead say Pay less get more with the 7000 series X3D chips?😀

The Red Team gamer-boy spent all his money on 7950X3D. Then he saw that AMD gave more love to the cheaper X3D gamer SKUs... 

I Want More GIF

Ryzen 7950X3D May Run Slower Than 7800X3D, Reviews Rumored for Feb 27th tomshardware.com

But there is a catch about the top-of-the-line Ryzen 9 7950X3D processor: the clocks of its core complex die (CCD) equipped with 3D V-Cache could be lower than those of the less-expensive Ryzen 7 7800X3D, according to @9950pro

• Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

quick and full format both only remove headers, the difference with full format is every header is scanned for bad sector where's in quick format bad sector scan is skipped, back in the day common practice with conventional spinning drives with MFT was 7 time format should get enough data removed to the point it cannot be reconstructed with forensic tools,

I think I use is KillDisk Ultimate for formats though usually only for decom, typical format fs quick is good enough for my uses most often

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

Pay more get less. Is this the correct way to spell it for the new and modern? Or should we change it and instead say Pay less get more with the 7000 series X3D chips?😀

The Red Team gamer-boy pent all his money on 7950X3D. Then he saw that AMD gave more love to the cheaper X3D gamer SKUs... 

I Want More GIF

Ryzen 7950X3D May Run Slower Than 7800X3D, Reviews Rumored for Feb 27th tomshardware.com

But there is a catch about the top-of-the-line Ryzen 9 7950X3D processor: the clocks of its core complex die (CCD) equipped with 3D V-Cache could be lower than those of the less-expensive Ryzen 7 7800X3D, according to @9950pro

That was the same for 5800X3D IIRC? For the PlugnPlay gamer they only care about the FPS.

Now for the benching crowd Im sure they will be howling at the moon as its an afront to their basic principles.

Im still waiting for the 5800X3D to hit a lower price point so I can have a more regular benching system.

• Thumb Up 7

2 hours ago, Reciever said:

That was the same for 5800X3D IIRC? For the PlugnPlay gamer they only care about the FPS.

Now for the benching crowd Im sure they will be howling at the moon as its an afront to their basic principles.

Im still waiting for the 5800X3D to hit a lower price point so I can have a more regular benching system.

Not entirely. Back in the days with 5800X3D you had only one X3D Sku. Now you have 3 of them and the more expensive big fat boy (7950X3D) run slower than the cheaper X3D SKU if rumors is correct. Hence pay more get less🤮

https://hwbot.org/submission/5208074_papusan_unigine_heaven___xtreme_geforce_gtx_570_1779.99_dx11_marks?recalculate=true

2868846.jpg

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

5 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Not entirely. Back in the days with 5800X3D you had only one X3D Sku. Now you have 3 of them and the more expensive big fat boy (7950X3D) run slower than the cheaper X3D SKU if rumors is correct. Hence pay more get less🤮

https://hwbot.org/submission/5208017_papusan_unigine_heaven___xtreme_geforce_gtx_570_1764.31_dx11_marks?recalculate=true

2868791.jpg

Doesnt make too much sense to me to go for a X3D chip on the 7950 but these days I am usually a few generations behind.

• Thumb Up 1

4 hours ago, Reciever said:

Doesnt make too much sense to me to go for a X3D chip on the 7950 but these days I am usually a few generations behind.

Probably smart. Cheaper as well. And it seems AMD still struggle with the well known USB drop outs even on their new and shiny platform. Can't match/beat that bro @Mr. Fox 🙂 As he said in the conclution.... Want a stable system... Go with Intel.

I Tried Going All AMD For A Month… Not exactly smiling on the front page.

Quite ok result with the old GTX580 in Aquamark🙂

https://hwbot.org/submission/5208124_papusan_aquamark_geforce_gtx_580_576506_marks

2868882.jpg

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, MyPC8MyBrain said:

quick and full format both only remove headers, the difference full format also runs full bad sector scan after marking headers where's quick format bad sector scan is skipped, back in the day common practice with conventional spinning drives with MFT was 7 time format should get enough data removed to the point it cannot be reconstructed or guessed with forensic tools,

Thanks guys. Wow, my knowledge of formatting was really stuck. Full format used to work the way I described... a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, i.e. on floppy drives and early hard drives which required low-level formatting...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_formatting

@Reciever

I also blame Windows here lol

The legacy name "format" used in then DOS and now Windows is misleading. 

Linux has a better name for the command: mkfs

This makes it clearer you are just "making" the filesystem, not physically formatting the underlying block device!

• Like 3

-- Max Tegmark

when you format HDD while its runnning it deletes alot but not everything. thats why you need to manually delete every .dll file..if theres one thing you should do to bolster performance its this....works everytime. everytime I do a clean install i do a clean install

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

The ugly truth. Greed<<! Btw. Nvidia and Gigabyte released mobile trash! Laptops got it double up. Awful performance paired with awful prices. What a disgusting combo.

image.png.c02e66b8460d388080f23f524209489e.png

Graphics Card Prices Doubled on Average Between 2020 and 2023: Mindfactory Data

Mindfactory.de is hardly the largest tech retailer out there, but it's renowned for putting out its sales figures in public that provide sharp market insights. The latest of these concerns graphics card average selling price (ASP). The store notes that graphics card ASPs have doubled in a span of just 3 years, which marks an unnatural deviation from inflation, and cannot adequately be explained by rising chip costs due to Moore's Law either buckling or losing relevance. While Intel is a firm believer in Moore's Law, and to a smaller extent so is AMD (which disaggregated its CPUs and GPUs to continue shipping cutting-edge products at lower costs); NVIDIA considers Moore's Law dead, and thinks it needs to keep bigger and bigger GPUs to offer generational performance uplifts.

The store notes that as on February 2020, the AMD Radeon graphics card ASP stood at 295.25€, with the store having made 442,870€ in sales. For NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards, the ASP figure stood at 426.59€, and total sales at 855,305€. As of Feb 2020, AMD lacked high-end products (this was before the RDNA2 comeback), and so the NVIDIA ASP is higher. Fast forward to February 2023, and we see a doubling in the ASPs. For AMD Radeon graphics cards, this stands at 600.03€, with €1.02 million in sales; and for NVIDIA GeForce, the ASP is at 825.20€, with €1.84 million in sales.
  • Thumb Up 5

29 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The ugly truth. Greed<<! Btw. Nvidia and Gigabyte released mobile trash! Laptops got it double up. Awful performance paired with awful prices. What a disgusting combo.

if i put a steak dinner on a trash can lid. would people eat it? apparently they will

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

54 minutes ago, ryan said:

if i put a steak dinner on a trash can lid. would people eat it? apparently they will

Honestly, it would not surprise me if some people eat while sitting on a toilet. The sheeple believe what they are told. That makes paying more to get less understandable because they're believing lies, trusting liars, and being mislead about getting less. But, it doesn't explain the rationale for carte blanche paying way too much no matter how truly great and amazing it might truly be (4090 is the example here). Everything is a poor value and nothing is priced consistent with the value it offers (or doesn't offer). It adds insult to injury when you are getting a piece of garbage that is severely overpriced.

• Thumb Up 3

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

33 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Honestly, it would not surprise me if some people eat while sitting on a toilet. The sheeple believe what they are told. That makes paying more to get less understandable because they're believing lies, trusting liars, and being mislead about getting less. But, it doesn't explain the rationale for carte blanche paying way too much no matter how truly great and amazing it might truly be (4090 is the example here). Everything is a poor value and nothing is priced consistent with the value it offers (or doesn't offer). It adds insult to injury when you are getting a piece of garbage that is severely overpriced.

Getting overpriced garbage is a hell lot worse than getting overpriced awesome. Paying top dollars for the new 4090 scam (laptops) is awful. You get the worst from both worlds. If you jump on the higher tier ADA laptops you’ are in short scammed. 

• Thumb Up 2

17 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Getting overpriced garbage is a hell lot worse than getting overpriced awesome. Paying top dollars for the new 4090 scam (laptops) is awful. You get the worst from both worlds. If you jump on the higher tier ADA laptops you’ are in short scammed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

-- Max Tegmark

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

It would be efficient, only left is a dedicated PotPC and a mini fridge

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Papusan said:

I agree with you. But, I will go a step further and say that buying garbage is never good. If owning garbage is one's destiny, they should spend as little as possible on it because... well... it's garbage. Garbage is worth only as much as garbage collectors are willing to pay for their trash. Right now it seems like garbage collectors are loving their trash way too much. None of this even contemplates the fact that sheeple lack the ability to identify garbage.

I still don't feel good about getting screwed on awesome though. For those responsible for screwing us all, I classify that moral defect as being conceptually the same as a rapist believing that their victim secretly wanted it. Surrendering on the basis that resistance is futile does not legitimize the character flaw.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Antec C8

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.