NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

20 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I would take my SP104, it overclocks just as good with only a bit more voltage. 

It may do better on an AIO. But, overclocking a 13900KS on an AIO seems silly to me. I would run one stock and be happy with it, if I had an AIO. 

I see this, thanks. And why buy the KS if  you only want to run it stock? No point then pay more for going from 5.5 to 5.6 GHz for premium. Just buy the cheaper 13700K for gaming with the cheapest Z690 board you can find (gamers). Or do the same but with the 13900K. In this case as you point out... KS is a waste.

Regarding the two chips... I don't talk about the difference in price. And what to pick from them. 

I talk more about that you can get more out from the best binned chips with cooling below Chiller level cooling (custom or AIO). For the same price. 

RTX 4070 & GA103 Truth Leak: AIBs are MAD, but they should be FURIOUS… Who next to follow EVGA? Nvidia playing with the fire (if they still want their AIC partners to sell their GPU's).  But if they intend to take over the whole GPU sale, they are in the right direction doing so. 

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

12 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I see this, thanks. And why buy the KS if  you only want to run it stock? No point then pay more for going from 5.5 to 5.6 GHz for premium. Just buy the cheaper 13700K for gaming with the cheapest Z690 board you can find (gamers). Or do the same but with the 13900K. In this case as you point out... KS is a waste.

Regarding the two chips... I don't talk about the difference in price. And what to pick from them. 

I talk more about that you can get more out from the best binned chips with cooling below Chiller level cooling (custom or AIO). For the same price. 

RTX 4070 & GA103 Truth Leak: AIBs are MAD, but they should be FURIOUS… Who next to follow EVGA? 

I don’t think the KS is a waste, I think it’s worth the extra coin over a standard K any day if the week. This was my whole point, because I tested (2) KS SP117, and SP104 and both were incredible chips ( both hit the same limits) I cannot say the same for K chips.

My SP104 KS is better than my SP110 K. 🥹it’s better by -0.050MV

I think any KS is worth it over K if using an AIO. Because my SP104 does 1.200V for 5.8Ghz you could easily tune out a nice ultra low power stock boost on an AIO. Probably delid first then put on AIO. 

Something is different with the KS. They love power, and don’t mind heat as much. Hold that stability easier, when things get heavy. 

But I see what you mean 100%! Spend less get almost the same lol. I guess if someone did not care if their chip was burning hot and OCed badly then yeah definitely a K is way to go. Or better yet just a 13900F.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 2

13900KF

45 minutes ago, tps3443 said:

I don’t think the KS is a waste, I think it’s worth the extra coin over a standard K any day if the week. This was my whole point, because I tested (2) KS SP117, and SP104 and both were incredible chips ( both hit the same limits) I cannot say the same for K chips.

But I see what you mean 100%! Spend less get almost the same lol. I guess if someone did not care if their chip was burning hot and OCed badly then yeah definitely a K is way to go. Or better yet just a 13900F.

Yep, my whole point... Totally wasted if you aren't intended to overclock or just want a gaming chips. They won't max out the cooling capacity of an decent AIO in gaming. No game will eat 300W in games with stock clocks. Neither will eat the PL2 limit (or PL1 if gamers follow Intels guidelines nowadays --- PL1 and PL2 at same value). 

But if I had to choose... I would go with the KS for my custom loop. Because I mostly oc and use it for my hobby. And if I got an SP117 over a SP104 chips I'm quite sure I could squeeze out a bit more if both chips had about same leakage but different bin. 

• Like 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Welp I see both sides of the coin, more for less and more for more.

depends on how competitive you want to be if you even want that.

as for my new 100 000 dollar laptop its twice as fast in benchmarks and about 20 faster in general use, no idea why the 10th gen i3 its too terrible, im getting 5000 in geekbench 6 multi. im able to game in grid autosport at 4k, crysis does 1440p nicely. and pool requires nothing its about as demanding as minesweeper.

Only concern I have is why when I get a hp(2nd) im always half or a third slower than others like lenovo and asus/msi/clevo. I was getting 12k in cloudgate and was pretty meh feeling and after a few tweaks im getting 14000-15000 in gpu so its not good not bad, meh. but I find it funny buying used and sometimes its mint condition like this and it beats a new laptop that costs 50 percent more. more is better right, everytime I shell out extra I know its a bad deal but do it anyways. subconscious thing. but yeah I'm going to keep mu omen and this hp. both can be used for different things. pretty happy I only shelled out 320

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

Welp I see both sides of the coin, more for less and more for more.

depends on how competitive you want to be if you even want that.

as for my new 100 000 dollar laptop its twice as fast in benchmarks and about 20 faster in general use, no idea why the 10th gen i3 its too terrible, im getting 5000 in geekbench 6 multi. im able to game in grid autosport at 4k, crysis does 1440p nicely. and pool requires nothing its about as demanding as minesweeper.

Only concern I have is why when I get a hp(2nd) im always half or a third slower than others like lenovo and asus/msi/clevo. I was getting 12k in cloudgate and was pretty meh feeling and after a few tweaks im getting 14000-15000 in gpu so its not good not bad, meh. but I find it funny buying used and sometimes its mint condition like this and it beats a new laptop that costs 50 percent more. more is better right, everytime I shell out extra I know its a bad deal but do it anyways. subconscious thing. but yeah I'm going to keep mu omen and this hp. both can be used for different things. pretty happy I only shelled out 320

What kind of laptop did you get? 

PS: I tuned out DDR5 8000 C34! This Unify-X is a GOOD ONE!!! This is crazy.  I have never been able to do this so easily before. 8000c34 like its nothing. This KS has totally transformed this motherboard somehow. 🤗

KE8tIg7.png

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

13900KF

HP Laptop 15-dy2xxx

BIOS
Version
F.21
Date
3/21/2022
MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
HP
Model
87FE
Version
OPERATING SYSTEM
Edition
Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64-bit)
Version (Build)
22H2 (10.0.22621)

Devices and Drivers

PROCESSOR

11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz

GRAPHICS

Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

AUDIO

Realtek High Definition Audio

Intel® Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio

Intel® Smart Sound Technology for Digital Microphones

NETWORKING AND I/O

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

MEMORY

8 GB

STORAGE

NVMe KINGSTON OM8SBP3512K-AH

hang on

but check this out found it funny its 320 and has a 1660 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

12 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I like the CPU frame mainly because it provides some extra protection to the CPU SMDs and socket running liquid metal. You could actually omit the screws and just use the water block to press the CPU into the pins. The danger there is only during disassembly. You don't want the CPU to stick to the block initially, then come loose and fall into the open CPU socket and bend the pins or damage the CPU. But, if you do the washer mod it will be good enough. Using 1.0mm nylon washers between the ILM and mobo PCB gave me the same results as the CPU frame and it was enough pressure to have proper pin contact.

Ah, an interesting trick. My concern is with touching the ILM at all. I wouldn't be able to re-attach it to factory spec if I needed to, and once reattached wrong, it might be causing all sorts of issues (primarily bad contact I guess, if not CPU bend).

BTW Another influencer showing off Eddy's golden kit and "I love you so much, please give me a good review as discussed" note. I'm finding this really tacky if not dodgy. Either a review is 100% independent or it's worse than useless, since it can convince people to buy a faulty/dangerous product. At least they disclose the note, I guess the marketing idea is to portray Eddy as a nice guy, which might trick some into liking the product more as well.

A less than perfect direct die heatsink/contact frame has the potential to cause the same issues. In that context, I would gladly pay EKWB for their golden product if the price reflected top and impeccable quality, and if the frame instructions specified the exact torque required to mount the frame, alas neither seems to be the case. The style is kind of cute if someone is into golden bling but irrelevant to me. 

BTW he shows "big gains" by comparing non-delidded to delidded setups lol, which is misleading. He also mentions and brushes off some "early teething problems", and delid tool issues which EK says are "one off or different to what they are aware of" which sounds really sleazy. Somehow, every influencer mentions "one off" delid tool issues. Why are they releasing a product with known issues in the first place?

For now going by the "don't fix it if it ain't broken" rule. 

11 hours ago, tps3443 said:

@Mr. Fox

Ghost Spectre Windows 11 Superlite Version | TechLatest (tech-latest.com)

Click that ^ Link scroll download and download this one.

It’s all versions, and during install lets you pick Superlite, or compact, with or without defender. And it has a company prompt on desktop that lets you simply add features like DirectX,.NET frame work. Etc. 

I have Win 11 Spectre Superlite without defender installed. And I added Xbox game pass from command prompt. It’s really nice! Performance is amazing. 

ftssj13.jpg

UPDATE: if you see an error during the install just go back and retry it will work the 2nd go around. 

What is this? Who built it? How do you know there are no rootkits/backdoors?

Tried to google and got a link to mega.nz lol 

7 hours ago, Papusan said:

Yep, my whole point... Totally wasted if you aren't intended to overclock or just want a gaming chips. They won't max out the cooling capacity of an decent AIO in gaming. No game will eat 300W in games with stock clocks. Neither will eat the PL2 limit (or PL1 if gamers follow Intels guidelines nowadays --- PL1 and PL2 at same value). 

But if I had to choose... I would go with the KS for my custom loop. Because I mostly oc and use it for my hobby. And if I got an SP117 over a SP104 chips I'm quite sure I could squeeze out a bit more if both chips had about same leakage but different bin. 

I mean the retail premium is around $100, not $1000. You do get some benefits, like almost surely better bin, higher base power (and base clocks, which sometimes matters under crazy loads). The higher base power spec could translate to higher reliability. If the delidded K failed, I would get the KS, but indeed sleeping well at night knowing I haven't upgraded yet :)

3 hours ago, ryan said:

but check this out found it funny its 320 and has a 1660 

Yes bro, you are getting more bang for the buck with desktops, if your lifestyle setup is stationary enough for you to be able to use them...

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

Just now, Etern4l said:

Yes bro, you are getting more bang for the buck with desktops, if your lifestyle setup is stationary enough to be able to use them...

Iv'e known this for a while but lately it seems to not be the case, just exceptions. I think it all depends on what your gunning for, if you want 4k/480 then a 4090 is a smart buy but if your happy with 1080p/1440p then a budget build is the way to go. I know you already know this but im thinking of upgrading from my 3060 to a desktop or laptop which ever. I have just enough for a used 3090ti build, but I just don't know what i'll use it for. right now as it stands my world wide web is truncated and I only get a handful of sites, not sure if trud is working his magic on us canadians or what but alot of the internet is not accessable. really sucks as I miss the free days

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

1 hour ago, ryan said:

right now as it stands my world wide web is truncated and I only get a handful of sites, not sure if trud is working his magic on us canadians or what but alot of the internet is not accessable. really sucks as I miss the free days

Sounds like you've got networking ISP/issues. I thought you mentioned you get the Internet from your apartment block landlord? I'm sure we'd all hear about Canada getting firewalled.

• Thumb Up 2

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

11 hours ago, ryan said:

not sure if trud is working his magic on us canadians or what but alot of the internet is not accessable. really sucks as I miss the free days

That sounds like something he would do, but I don't know that he's smart enough to do it. He'd have to hire someone for sure. The woke lefties are getting crazier here too. It's going to be much harder for them to score a fake win using election fraud next time. This is probably making them very nervous about their future. Even progressive liberals are starting to pay attention and take issue with their nefarious, dishonest and un-American approach to things, LOL. But, Brother @Etern4lmay be right. It might just be an ISP quality/service failure. Have you reached out to them yet?

• Thumb Up 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

no but it gives me anxiety. I also heard on the news it will be gov controlled media.

and more on topic

Screenshot-16.png

i seem to have very poor luck with hp as no settings or drivers are improving performance

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I had seen this for Android, but did not realize it was available for Windows and Linux. 

https://www.antutu.com/en/download.htm

mYNf0Ms.jpg
c9xuoIR.jpg

• Thumb Up 3
  • Thanks 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

6 minutes ago, ryan said:

Screenshot-18.png

Looks like you are having an issue with the graphics score missing as well. I did initially, but reinstalled the benchmark and display driver, then it started showing it instead of zero.

• Thumb Up 2

I was getting 3 fps.but I let it run anyways to see the ux score. 53000 aint bad

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Have I missed anything important or ground breaking? Instead of reading through 9 pages of posts, I decided to skip ahead. All moved FINALLY, too exhausted to put the puter desk back together.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

40 minutes ago, Raiderman said:

Have I missed anything important or ground breaking? Instead of reading through 9 pages of posts, I decided to skip ahead. All moved FINALLY, too exhausted to put the puter desk back together.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Anything important or ground breaking? Are you being sarcastic with us? Just a few posts above bro @Mr. Fox's Banshee broke 5.8M in Antutu. I hope you do make time to review the remaining material properly sir!

Happy Easter everyone :)

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 2

-- Max Tegmark

On 12/3/2022 at 8:34 PM, Papusan said:

Not everyday I see great features added for desktop chassis, but this one was new. I like it. Maybe I can buy one and paint it in the same black color as my Corsair 1000D. Need more info from the owners of this chassis first.

10C lower Gpu temp.

4UCDTWg3rUmsB6JG9VFAGW.jpg

chZAp2BXLVzVXfxUgNpnbW.png

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/lian-li-lancool-216-review

On 12/3/2022 at 8:51 PM, Papusan said:

If the color Lian Li used for the Lancool chassis wasn't ugly brown black and instead used real black it would almost be plug and play. Just drill 4 holes. Even two would be enough. Could be the color is different in real life. All the White modern color mess destroy for proper black colors nowadays.

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-216/

From 0.23 sec

@Mr. Fox I found a similar External PCIe GPU fan bracket but from Silverstone.... SilverStone FDP02

SilverStone FDP02 External Fan Adapter For Cooling Your

If you find out that you'll order one, then it would be nice if you ordered two. Not sure I will be able to get one here home. 

https://www.silverstonetek.com.tw/en/product/info/fans/fdp02/

image.png.2e0a2d3cf5342c7a93eab173c4ad2111.png 

4 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I had seen this for Android, but did not realize it was available for Windows and Linux. 

https://www.antutu.com/en/download.htm

mYNf0Ms.jpg
c9xuoIR.jpg

Maybe test with Win 10. Would be nice see the new and shiny from Redmond being beaten by the older touch friendly smartphone OS.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

lmao, 4 800 000 vs my 490 000. You know what, I think if I bought a desktop with a 4090 or 3090 it would last me about 7 years give or take a year and might be cheaper in the long run. heck im pretty happy with integrated graphics for what it is. but I miss my HP omen, only 2 more weeks and I get it back, i'll be benching the heck out of it when I get new thermal phase change pads for it. instead of getting a new laptop I decided to upgrade my ram to 64gb and add a 2tb ssd onto the already installed 1 tb. I think that along with better thermals was worth the 300.

also happy easter, I don't celebrate easter or any holidays to be honest. but that's no excuse for not wishing well.

new high score now im quite a bit faster than most 11th gen i5s at least in geek bench. im getting a few hundred more than a stock i7-1165g7

Screenshot-21.png

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Anything important or ground breaking? Are you being sarcastic with us? Just a few posts above bro @Mr. Fox's Banshee broke 5.8M in Antutu. I hope you do make time to review the remaining material properly sir!

Happy Easter everyone 🙂

That means nothing to me, as I have never benched antuntu, but congratulations to brother @Mr. Fox🦊. I will have to check it out when I get the PC set back up and running.

• Thumb Up 4

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

1 hour ago, tps3443 said:

Battlefield 2042 “300FPS Low settings test” 

13900KS@6.1P/4.8E/5.1R

MSI UNIFY-X DDR5 8000c34

thats just awesome, thanks for the shout out. I was super curious to see how your setups game just didn't want to bug you guys @Mr. Fox has posted gaming benchmarks every time super grateful. I think its decided I dont mind low settings bit dang 300fps

I would be super stoked for a low/quality dlss/4k because if I had your setup its one of the first things id do. anyways thanks alot for the video

r23.png

Screenshot-16.png

Screenshot-21.png

3.png

tomb raider 2880x1536  low/normal settings

tr.png

• Thumb Up 2

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 hours ago, tps3443 said:

Battlefield 2042 “300FPS Low settings test” 

13900KS@6.1P/4.8E/5.1R

MSI UNIFY-X DDR5 8000c34

I think that's the first time I have seen anyone showcase performance using low settings.

What does it do with everything maxed out?

Happy Easter, everyone.

3osXG1Rm.jpg

12 hours ago, Papusan said:

@Mr. Fox I found a similar External PCIe GPU fan bracket but from Silverstone.... SilverStone FDP02

SilverStone FDP02 External Fan Adapter For Cooling Your

If you find out that you'll order one, then it would be nice if you ordered two. Not sure I will be able to get one here home. 

https://www.silverstonetek.com.tw/en/product/info/fans/fdp02/

I did not find it for sale (yet) in the US. If you need my help getting one and sending it to you, I am happy to do that. Let me know which one you want to buy (link) in a PM and we can do it.

That 3-slot PCIe bracket that goes with that would be good for punching a couple of 20mm holes for G1/4 bulkhead passthrough fittings. 

12 hours ago, Papusan said:

Maybe test with Win 10. Would be nice see the new and shiny from Redmond being beaten by the older touch friendly smartphone OS.

I do not know if you are finding the same, but in my testing it seems like Windows 10 is getting slower than Windows 11. I am not sure if it is maliciously crafted drivers causing it or what, but even CPU performance tests that used to do better on Windows 10 versus Windows 11 are getting slower for me. I think the Redmond Reprobates are deliberately doing the same digital genocide tactics they used to sabotage Windows 7. In almost all benchmarks now LTSC 2019 and 2021 perform worse for me. By that I mean, worse than they used to, not worse compared to Windows 11. All of my scores using the older/better OSes seem to be going down, which smacks of nefarious intent and sabotage.

This is why you see Winduhz 11 in most of my benchmarks. Not because I like it. Quite the opposite. I hate it more than before because of this. It is repulsive, but the reason I have multi-boot systems is because benchmarks don't care what kind of nasty piece of crap the OS is. I am finding it harder to identify a benefit in benchmarks and starting to see evidence of handicap using a more desirable OS.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

I think that's the first time I have seen anyone showcase performance using low settings.

What does it do with everything maxed out?

Happy Easter, everyone.

3osXG1Rm.jpg

This is done to boost FPS in competitive online shooters (and trigger a CPU bottleneck scenario) I was going to ask if @tps3443 has CSGO. Would be easily pushing 1000+ fps at 1024x768, a commonly used resolution there. :)

• Thumb Up 1
  • Thanks 1

-- Max Tegmark