NotebookTalk

*Official Benchmark Thread* - Post it here or it didn't happen :D

Mr. Fox

9 hours ago, Etern4l said:

Sorry, I meant a 200mm side panel fan. It’s a nice solution because it provides super quiet airflow directly onto the mobo, however, it does obstruct the view of the “bling-bling” inside. Virtually every current PC case seems to have a solid (mostly glass, sometimes metal) rather than mesh side panel. I guess nobody cares about air/AIO cooling anymore lol, not least because custom loops are significantly more expensive which is always good for the industry, but probably mostly due to the gamery aesthetics.

They used to be fairly common in side panels. But, it also sucked when they were acrylic. It didn't hurt anything on a steel panel. The only type that actually worked really well had a hole cut in the panel the size of the fan and used welded wire finger guards for a grille rather than air flow restrictive perforations. To make space for a 200 mm fan today we would need probably an extra two inches of case width to accommodate it. This would be fine for those with big tower air coolers and it would be necessary for some of the current gigantic GPU applications. Adding width is not a big deal for most of us, but  minority rules now, and we all get to enjoy what the lowest common denominators want. There would be a lot of whiners mitching and boaning about it, the same way they do about laptops that are not thin and light. They love their turdboxes as much as they do their chintzy turdbooks

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 2

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

They used to be fairly common in side panels. But, it also sucked when they were acrylic. It didn't hurt anything on a steel panel. The only type that actually worked really well had a hole cut in the panel the size of the fan and used welded wire finger guards for a grille rather than air flow restrictive perforations. To make space for a 200 mm fan today we would need probably an extra two inches of case width to accommodate it. This would be fine for those with big tower air coolers and it would be necessary for some of the current gigantic GPU applications. Adding width is not a big deal for most of us, but  minority rules now, and we all get to enjoy what the lowest common denominators want. There would be a lot of whiners mitching and boaning about it, the same way they do about laptops that are not thin and light. They love their turdboxes as much as they do their chintzy turdbooks

My Cosmos-S has this mesh side panel. The thought of butchering this to improve airflow crossed my mind, but couldn't bring myself to do it. The case is quite noise 😉

5.1.s.jpg

There is obviously a degree of detriment to the airflow, but on the flipside the mesh does capture some dust. The end result is that the inside of the machine is almost squeaky clean despite heavy use and up to 500cfm of air inflow. 

Obviously, had the case had a solid side panel, the detriment to the cooling would have been much more substantial. I guess the downside of this design is a bit of extra noise vs a solid panel, which could upset the sensitive. In practice, it's not a problem unless RPMs on those Noctuas start revving up closer to 3000RPM.

• Like 3

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

Spoiler Alert: It's not that good... Alienware M16 Review. In short... Dell destroy own sub-brand. 22:10 

Nice see some people see the value without trashy bling bling.

CDN media

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

It's "not that good..." no surprise. His wrap-up is accurate. The problem with Alienware is Dell.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO
Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901
Munchkin // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | Arc A770 Phantom Gaming OC | 48GB DDR5-8200 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201 
Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb || Nothing to Write Home About  

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

21 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Spoiler Alert: It's not that good... Alienware M16 Review. In short... Dell destroy own sub-brand. 22:10 

LOL. We post this at EXACTLY the same time. Great minds think alike. 😆

It is more than a little bit telling that Jay told Alienware he is not interested in supporting their products going forward. Wise on Jay's part. 

Finding logic in the purchase of any brand of gaming turdbook is a bit of a stretch, but there is no compelling reason to choose to waste you money on an Alienware.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Fox said:

LOL. We post this at EXACTLY the same time. Great minds think alike😆

It is more than a little bit telling that Jay told Alienware he is not interested in supporting their products going forward. Wise on Jay's part. 

Finding logic in the purchase of any brand of gaming turdbook is a bit of a stretch, but there is no compelling reason to choose to waste you money on an Alienware.

Spot on bro Fox 🙂

Don't forget that Dell Alienware also make desktops. I'm not sure  whats the worst product between their Alienware branded desktops or Jokebooks. 

sPu0lGn.jpg

Nice see newer pc boxes that can fit bigger rads. But I'll still keep my Corsair 1000D. Newer doesn't always mean better bro @ryan 

Their EAP isn't the same as real recall (We sadly cannot contact people).

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

29 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Spot on bro Fox 🙂

Don't forget that Dell Alienware also make desktops. I'm not sure  whats the worst product between their Alienware branded desktops or Jokebooks. 

Any number multiplied by zero produces zero. While everything they sell is garbage, the desktops are probably the more diabolical because the sheeple seeking refuge from turdbook hell do not expect the Alienware desktop also be a totally screwed up pile of crap.

• Thumb Up 1

40 minutes ago, Papusan said:

Spot on bro Fox 🙂

sPu0lGn.jpg

Nice see newer pc boxes that can fit bigger rads. But I'll still keep my Corsair 1000D. Newer doesn't always mean better bro @ryan 

Their EAP isn't the same as real recall (We sadly cannot contact people).

Pretty serious case, although I do wonder if that “vertical cooling” setup he showed is ideal. Wouldn’t the bottom rad further heat up the air as it enters the case and the other rad? I would mount the rads top and back or top + side, and have bottom + front intake fans (no rads).

20 minutes ago, Mr. Fox said:

Any number multiplied by zero produces zero. While everything they sell is garbage, the desktops are probably the more diabolical because the sheeple seeking refuge from turdbook hell do not expect the Alienware desktop also be a totally screwed up pile of crap.

Their laptop build quality is good - those things are still tanks, but the inverted mobo is a deal breaker for many. It’s possible those are exactly the customers Alienware wanted out: true power hungry enthusiasts, tinkerers, people who are likely to poke around and notice stuff. People who don’t settle for inferior quality and return/RMA. Much more demanding clientele than the RGB-oriented TVB-happy light gamer crowd that’s their bread and butter now.

• Thumb Up 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

40 minutes ago, Etern4l said:

Their laptop build quality is good - those things are still tanks, but the inverted mobo is a deal breaker for many. It’s possible those are exactly the customers Alienware wanted out: true power hungry enthusiasts, tinkerers, people who are likely to poke around and notice stuff. People who don’t settle for inferior quality and return/RMA. Much more demanding clientele than the RGB-oriented TVB-happy light gamer crowd that’s their bread and butter now.

They cut too many corners and focus on all of the wrong things for anyone that is a true performance PC enthusiast. I personally think their design (aesthetic) went from nice to really nasty, and I find everything (desktop and laptop) aesthetically replusive. But that much is subjective. People that focus on gadgetry more than function and performance are really no different than those that care about RGB more than anything else. It's their thing. May they find joy in buying what yanks their chain or floats their boat. They are not performance PC enthusiasts, even if they claim to be. They are aesthetic enthusiasts. I guess you could be a build quality enthusiast as well. Build quality isn't dependent on aesthetic appeal. Having a strong chassis doesn't mean it looks good, or was properly engineered, or that anything attached to it works well. It's a strong chassis.

The thing that remains constant is Alienware's imbalance and neglect of what is ultimately best for the person buying it. An extra-fancy brick house with plumbing leaks, malfunctioning HVAC system and fractured foundation isn't doing anyone any favors. They dangle a carrot they know will influence a certain demographic and that's their niche. True build quality (non-proprietary) and extraordinary performance are secondary or unimportant, thus the tolerance for their proprietary filth that hinders upgrades and keeps their always-forgiving fanboi club coming back for more of the same. I've never regretted leaving the cult, even for a fleeting moment. In fact, I no longer retain any fond memories of the time they produced good products. I truly don't care anymore. The only thing I value from it is the friendships that were formed, which transcend the bondage and disappointment that remain as hallmarks of the cult to this very day. 

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

That's a pretty awesome case. I love how huge it is. That would also be the thing that would prevent me from having it. Not because I don't like it, but not having a parking spot suitable for something so extremely large. If I had a spacious office with plenty of room to spare then I would not have to care how gigantic it is.

• Thumb Up 3

This is a good one: apparently a H100 GPU costs NVidia around $3k, whereas the listed price is ca. $30k. If it”s any consolation NVidia is ripping off businesses even harder than consumers (on per unit basis).

in loosely related news (corporate greed, Moderna”s CEO made $400M last year…

• Thumb Up 3

-- Max Tegmark

@Papusan

. Newer doesn't always mean better bro @ryan 

are you joking bro? newer almost certainly does mean better haha. funny stuff

on a more serious note, iv'e been trying out NTlite and getting a ISO made thats debloated, I have made one so far that has next to nothing and manage 64 processes with everything off, and 82 processes with afterburner/throttlestop/benchmarking program. im making small progress, but im stumped as to how you bros have like 40 processes. I even followed chris tituses tutorial on how to get lower cpu usage ect and he shows step by step how to get 40 or less processes I did it exactly as he showed and when he had 80 i had 100 when he had 40 i had 60. spent the better part of the morning and afternoon tinkering. its like tweaking is a game in itself

• Thumb Up 3

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

They cut too many corners and focus on all of the wrong things for anyone that is a true performance PC enthusiast. I personally think their design (aesthetic) went from nice to really nasty, and I find everything (desktop and laptop) aesthetically replusive. But that much is subjective. People that focus on gadgetry more than function and performance are really no different than those that care about RGB more than anything else. It's their thing. May they find joy in buying what yanks their chain or floats their boat. They are not performance PC enthusiasts, even if they claim to be. They are aesthetic enthusiasts. I guess you could be a build quality enthusiast as well. Build quality isn't dependent on aesthetic appeal. Having a strong chassis doesn't mean it looks good, or was properly engineered, or that anything attached to it works well. It's a strong chassis.

The thing that remains constant is Alienware's imbalance and neglect of what is ultimately best for the person buying it. An extra-fancy brick house with plumbing leaks, malfunctioning HVAC system and fractured foundation isn't doing anyone any favors. They dangle a carrot they know will influence a certain demographic and that's their niche. True build quality (non-proprietary) and extraordinary performance are secondary or unimportant, thus the tolerance for their proprietary filth that hinders upgrades and keeps their always-forgiving fanboi club coming back for more of the same. I've never regretted leaving the cult, even for a fleeting moment. In fact, I no longer retain any fond memories of the time they produced good products. I truly don't care anymore. The only thing I value from it is the friendships that were formed, which transcend the bondage and disappointment that remain as hallmarks of the cult to this very day. 

That's a pretty awesome case. I love how huge it is. That would also be the thing that would prevent me from having it. Not because I don't like it, but not having a parking spot suitable for something so extremely large. If I had a spacious office with plenty of room to spare then I would not have to care how gigantic it is.

I'd like to think I fall into that category, because I like aesthetically pleasing hardware, and Windows installs, but will not cut corners in performance. If I stare at my screen for a few hours a day, I want it to be a little on the "eye candy" ish side. Same goes with my hardware, although I hate rainbow unicorn piss for rgb, I do like some nice looking lights

• Thumb Up 2
  • Bump 1

Lian Li Lancool III | Ryzen 9 7950X | 48gb G-skill Trident Z5 DDR5 8000mhz | MSI Mpg X670E Carbon |

AsRock Taichi Radeon 7900xtx Bykski Block |Raijintek Scylla Pro 360 custom loop| Crucial T700 1tb

WD Black's SN770 500gb/1tb NVME | Toshiba 8Tb 7200rpm Data |

EVGA 1000w SuperNova |32" Agon 1440p 165hz Curved Screen |  Windows 10 LoT 21h2

19 hours ago, Raiderman said:

I'd like to think I fall into that category, because I like aesthetically pleasing hardware, and Windows installs, but will not cut corners in performance. If I stare at my screen for a few hours a day, I want it to be a little on the "eye candy" ish side. Same goes with my hardware, although I hate rainbow unicorn piss for rgb, I do like some nice looking lights

I am not sure which category (from my post) but you're obviously balanced and find some value in each part. Performance is a must-have and first priority, but it needs to also be built well and look nice to be desirable. If it is missing one of those elements, performance alone isn't enough to make it special. I am in that same category and so are a lot of us. Although, I think we might still be in the minority. In no small part due to the prevalence of ignorance, and the randomness of abject stupidity.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

ASUS MemTweakIt 20230628 Ver.

Tweak Tools / 2023-Aug-18 / By bianbao

support next gen cpu.

Save it for another day ASUS MemTweakIt v20230628

Edit... Anyone that have tried or used this Asus keyboad? I looking after a shorter lentghty keyboard. This one is have a lenght of 377mm (377 x 131 x 40mm). The usual full sized KB is 44-45 cm. Thanks 

finally got into the 50s

s.jpg

just some experimenting going on, managed to get 13448 in cinebench r23 which is about 2300 higher than my old scores. installing atlas OS now but its taking forever, been like 20 minutes and it has not moved very far. hopefully im not screwing it up 😛

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

ok so atlas OS free is pretty good, I was stumped on how to lower processes and whatever it removed it dropped about 5-10. its free so I can't complain and im sitting at 47 on desktop and 67 with all the benchmarking apps and programs open along with some music in the background.

new.jpg

as for performance, as I've done endless testing. it improved cpu performance slightly 80-100 timespy points and lowered temps 2c on cpu and 3c on gpu. running a undervolted 1850mhz 3060 im finally and I mean finally able to run games without thermal throttling. I'm getting power throttling in cinebench r23 now for some reason. it goes from 3.9ghz down to 3.3ghz and even though its slower im loving the 59c max temps at a lower speed.

TLDR:

dropped temps, increased cpu performance, lowered ram usage, and the system is unreasonably fast.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

52 minutes ago, ryan said:

ok so atlas OS free is pretty good, I was stumped on how to lower processes and whatever it removed it dropped about 5-10. its free so I can't complain and im sitting at 47 on desktop and 67 with all the benchmarking apps and programs open along with some music in the background.

new.jpg

as for performance, as I've done endless testing. it improved cpu performance slightly 80-100 timespy points and lowered temps 2c on cpu and 3c on gpu. running a undervolted 1850mhz 3060 im finally and I mean finally able to run games without thermal throttling. I'm getting power throttling in cinebench r23 now for some reason. it goes from 3.9ghz down to 3.3ghz and even though its slower im loving the 59c max temps at a lower speed.

TLDR:

dropped temps, increased cpu performance, lowered ram usage, and the system is unreasonably fast.

The power throttling might be something with your windows power profile that you could correct easily. You can try adding the Ultimate Performance power profile and change the minimum CPU percentage to 100% to match the maximum. You can also use the Bitsum Park Control utility and apply their power profile in addition to making sure that all cores on the CPU remain unparked at all times.

• Thumb Up 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

had to chuckle at that 😄 

10 hours ago, ryan said:

@Papusan

are you joking bro? newer almost certainly does mean better haha. funny stuff

on a more serious note, iv'e been trying out NTlite and getting a ISO made thats debloated, I have made one so far that has next to nothing and manage 64 processes with everything off, and 82 processes with afterburner/throttlestop/benchmarking program. im making small progress, but im stumped as to how you bros have like 40 processes. I even followed chris tituses tutorial on how to get lower cpu usage ect and he shows step by step how to get 40 or less processes I did it exactly as he showed and when he had 80 i had 100 when he had 40 i had 60. spent the better part of the morning and afternoon tinkering. its like tweaking is a game in itself

oh boy, welcome to the endlessly deep rabbit hole of windows decrapping / tuning my friend.... 😄 at some point ull have to probably go a step back cuz u realize u just removed some part that u need for a specific application haha. unless you only use that OS for benching 🙂 

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

The power throttling might be something with your windows power profile that you could correct easily. You can try adding the Ultimate Performance power profile and change the minimum CPU percentage to 100% to match the maximum. You can also use the Bitsum Park Control utility and apply their power profile in addition to making sure that all cores on the CPU remain unparked at all times.

Bitsum Park Control is nice, ive been using it for quite a while now. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

Ok you guys are going to love this haha..I might need a bit of help installing zorin..I have made a 1tb partition and 900gb partition for games on my secondary 2tb drive..I have no idea how to do this in the zorin something else section.  Little help please?

I found a video on YouTube but it has different options than the zorin core that I have on my jump drive

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

The remaining questions will be... Nvidia going fully retarded with 5000 series Nvidia graphics card (No more cross-flashing allowed and even more locked down cards than ever). They won't accept this. No in hell. 

NVIDIA BIOS Signature Lock Broken, vBIOS Modding and Crossflash Enabled by Groundbreaking New Tools

EXCLUSIVE

Today, 09:35

You can now play with NVIDIA GeForce graphics card BIOS like it's 2013! Over the last decade, NVIDIA had effectively killed video BIOS modding by introducing BIOS signature checks. With GeForce 900-series "Maxwell," the company added an on-die security processor on all its GPUs, codenamed "Falcon," which among other things, prevents the GPU from booting with unauthorized firmware. OMGVflash by Veii; and NVflashk by Kefinator (forum names), are two independently developed new tools that let you flash almost any video BIOS onto almost any NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, bypassing "unbreakable" barriers NVIDIA put in place, such as BIOS signature checks; and vendor/device checks (cross-flashing). vBIOS signature check bypass works up to RTX 20-series "Turing" based GPUs, letting you modify the BIOS the way you want, while cross-flashing (sub-vendor ID check bypass) works even on the latest RTX 4090 "Ada."

The tools bring back the glory days of video BIOS modding using utilities the likes of NiBiTor (now discontinued). The possibilities of such utilities are endless. You can, for example, flash the BIOS of a premium factory-overclocked graphics card onto your close-to-MSRP graphics card. For cards up to RTX 20-series "Turing," in addition to clock speeds, BIOS modding lets you raise power limits, which have a more profound impact on performance, as they increase boost frequency residency. BIOS modding also gives you control over the graphics card's voltages, cooling performance, and fan-curve, so you can make your card quieter, as long as your cooler can keep the GPU away from thermal limits (which you can adjust, too). With cross-flashing (without modifying the BIOS or disturbing its signature), you are now able to restore a voltage of 1.1 V on your RTX 4090 GPU, if you've got one of the newer models, which ticks at 1.07 V only. You could also flash your FE with a custom-design vBIOS with high power limit, to go beyond NVIDIA's power limits.

rxddOgWXaMkJC9Ed_thm.jpg

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 3
  • Bump 1

3 hours ago, ryan said:

Ok you guys are going to love this haha..I might need a bit of help installing zorin..I have made a 1tb partition and 900gb partition for games on my secondary 2tb drive..I have no idea how to do this in the zorin something else section.  Little help please?

I found a video on YouTube but it has different options than the zorin core that I have on my jump drive

Boot from your Zorin USB installer and when you get to the Zorin desktop run the installation option. It should see the unallocated space and guide you through installing itself in that space. Zorin and other Ubuntu and Debian derivatives are very user-friendly and actually more helpful than Windows when it comes to the installation process.

22 minutes ago, Papusan said:

The remaining questions will be... Nvidia going fully retarded with 5000 series Nvidia graphics card (No more cross-flashing allowed and even more locked down cards than ever). They won't accept this. No in hell. 

NVIDIA BIOS Signature Lock Broken, vBIOS Modding and Crossflash Enabled by Groundbreaking New Tools

EXCLUSIVE

Today, 09:35

You can now play with NVIDIA GeForce graphics card BIOS like it's 2013! Over the last decade, NVIDIA had effectively killed video BIOS modding by introducing BIOS signature checks. With GeForce 900-series "Maxwell," the company added an on-die security processor on all its GPUs, codenamed "Falcon," which among other things, prevents the GPU from booting with unauthorized firmware. OMGVflash by Veii; and NVflashk by Kefinator (forum names), are two independently developed new tools that let you flash almost any video BIOS onto almost any NVIDIA GeForce graphics card, bypassing "unbreakable" barriers NVIDIA put in place, such as BIOS signature checks; and vendor/device checks (cross-flashing). vBIOS signature check bypass works up to RTX 20-series "Turing" based GPUs, letting you modify the BIOS the way you want, while cross-flashing (sub-vendor ID check bypass) works even on the latest RTX 4090 "Ada."

The tools bring back the glory days of video BIOS modding using utilities the likes of NiBiTor (now discontinued). The possibilities of such utilities are endless. You can, for example, flash the BIOS of a premium factory-overclocked graphics card onto your close-to-MSRP graphics card. For cards up to RTX 20-series "Turing," in addition to clock speeds, BIOS modding lets you raise power limits, which have a more profound impact on performance, as they increase boost frequency residency. BIOS modding also gives you control over the graphics card's voltages, cooling performance, and fan-curve, so you can make your card quieter, as long as your cooler can keep the GPU away from thermal limits (which you can adjust, too). With cross-flashing (without modifying the BIOS or disturbing its signature), you are now able to restore a voltage of 1.1 V on your RTX 4090 GPU, if you've got one of the newer models, which ticks at 1.07 V only. You could also flash your FE with a custom-design vBIOS with high power limit, to go beyond NVIDIA's power limits.

rxddOgWXaMkJC9Ed_thm.jpg

Awesome. Long overdue. I look forward to flashing unsigned vBIOS mods on my 4090.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

Awesome. Long overdue. I look forward to flashing unsigned vBIOS mods on my 4090.

I don't think that's possible from what I have read.

-The Tool can not flash random files that the average joe made.

-Files made by a Bios editor, won't be --such - but it is a different form of access.

-One does not change the cards behavior or flash a custom

-OS.Falcon behavior remains to NVIDIA™ property, and RiscV loads Nvidia™ proprietary software

- Do not flash Matrix/Lightning/Kingpin/HOF OC-Lab bioses to unsupported PCBs.

Their voltage controller layout differs strongly and a lot is managed by 3rd party MCU, where your card has no way to simulate that.

And Nvidia will be damn angry(you can also flash your FE with a custom-design vBIOS from board partners). Cross-flash will be closed with 5000 series cards. You all who buy lower tier AIB xx90 cards will be heavly screwed. Nvidia have now long enough time to fully lock down 5000 series cards. Enjoy your 4000 series cards while it last. 5000 series cards will be a huge disaster for us. Be you sure. Want a working 5090... Then forget anything that isn't HOF or Strix/Matrix. Maybe MSI if they go back to Lighning cards. The rest of the SKUs will be a no go.

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Papusan said:

I don't think that's possible from what I have read.

-The Tool can not flash random files that the average joe made.

-Files made by a Bios editor, won't be --such - but it is a different form of access.

-One does not change the cards behavior or flash a custom

-OS.Falcon behavior remains to NVIDIA™ property, and RiscV loads Nvidia™ proprietary software

- Do not flash Matrix/Lightning/Kingpin/HOF OC-Lab bioses to unsupported PCBs.

And Nvidia will be damn angry(you can also flash your FE with a custom-design vBIOS from board partners). Cross-flash will be closed with 5000 series cards. You all who buy lower tier AIB xx90 cards will be heavly screwed. Nvidia have now long enough time to fully lock down 5000 series cards. Enjoy your 4000 series cards while it last. 5000 series cards will be a huge disaster for us. Be you sure. Want a working 5090... Then forget anything that isn't HOF or Strix/Matrix. Maybe MSI if they go back to Lighning cards. The rest of the SKUs will be a no go.

I see that after reading the article. Also more peeling back the onion more about why EVGA told the Green Goblin to eat feces and die.

The more I see, the more I believe it is time to abandon this hobby. Too many Nazi control freak idiots trying to play god and predetermine what people are "allowed" to do with the products castrated garbage they sell rent to them. The alternative sucks, so there isn't going to be anything left worth owning. We're basically there already. Very likely that my last upgrades will be the last. None of them are worthy to receive my money.

Strix/Matrix is already garbage in the current gen and a waste of money. No real benefit over a reference GPU, so no reason to believe they will be any less garbage than they are today. I doubt MSI will have the gonads to fight back or do what is right and fall out of grace. We should not be surprised if Galax comes next for refusing to bow and kiss the ring of the Maggot King.

And, Galax OC Labs HOF products are not really relevant to anyone living in the US because they don't sell anything here and sourcing their products is close to impossible. If you do, getting the tools needed to reverse the vasectomy is borderline impossible. Without the tools to fix the mess, the Galax HOF card serve no useful purpose because they perform no better than a reference GPU.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

The more I see, the more I believe it is time to abandon this hobby.

Yep, that being closer than ever. Nvidia won't accept working tools like this above. If 1xxx-2xxx-3xxxx and 4xxx was almost locked... What you think will happen when we see 5xxx series in 2024/25 ? An simple performance tweak as cross-flashing with better vbios will be a wet dream from the past

Steve Harris Chaos GIF by Filthy Rich

Edit. At least one graphics card manufacturer goes the opposite way.......

Intel Overclocks Arc A380 with a Driver Update

Intel Graphics figured out a unique way to step up performance of its entry-level Arc A380 graphics cards. While other companies prevent BIOS updates and generally discourage overclocking; Intel has given the A380 a free vendor overclock. 

13:47 - Is The RTX 4090 Overrated. Nope. The only card worth to buy from the 4xxx series lineup. 
  • Sad 1

• Thumb Up 2