NotebookTalk

The new.....What are you "drinking" right now...

kojack

I'm teetering on old fart territory.  I know my tolerance for B/S had dropped to nothing since I started working retail. People must think i'm an AHOLE! ha ha.  My other businesses are starting to pick up now, and I have gotten some great writing gigs so far with a couple of web development clients!

Oh, tonight's menu is a few glasses of wiser's 10 year barrel aged whisky, and a couple of runs of comatose strain!  My shipment shows up tomorrow and I am going to be baked the entire day! ha ha giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vy2eayttdwi9vuc94k

Edited by kojack
  • Haha 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

• 2 weeks later...

What comment was that?

about the S posting in a thread. maybe im just crazy lol. but I got warned a few times for protecting the comment about Mr fox but can we move on. we are all friends and its all good. I appologise for the attack. It's just that I respect everyone and don't like friends being put down. we are all entiltled to our opinions

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

7 minutes ago, ryan said:

about the S posting in a thread. maybe im just crazy lol. but I got warned a few times for protecting the comment about Mr fox but can we move on. we are all friends and its all good. I appologise for the attack. It's just that I respect everyone and don't like friends being put down. we are all entiltled to our opinions

Ha ha, Can't even remember that.  that's how much I hold on to things...all good!

AWESOME. thats cool man, i'm glad you don't care. After I said it I instantly regretted it and could not back down lol. kinda  foot in mouth situation

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I suppose my last purchase belongs in this thread as much as the "last purchase" thread... went out with some friends tonight and had a couple good wheats, the watermelon wheat beat the hefe, which is unusual, and an excellent stout, the Brew Dog Jet Black Heart.  The latter being the one I had tried previously and knew was one of my favorites.  It's amazingly smooth, I wish it were easier to find at the stores.

Also had a sour, but it didn't match up to the key lime sour at my favorite local place.  Which is unfortunately nearly kegged out, but the rumor is the cucumber sour is next on tap and I missed that last year so I'm curious to try it.

• Thumb Up 1

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

Drinking a glass of El Jimador. Been a long and tiring week.

• Bump 2

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

• 4 weeks later...

Broke out some of the scotch for the first time in a long time.  Port Charlotte.  Despite being "heavily peated", it's actually less peated that the Laphroaig or Ardbeg that I'd typically go for.  Really, what that means is, "heavily peated for what a sane person would choose" rather than "as much peat as possible!".

Once I re-calibrate my peat meter, it's actually pretty good.  I think I've been underappreciating this one due to being used to the peat being so on-the-taste-bud that it's impossible to miss, but there is some merit in being a bit more subtle and letting the other flavors have the presence be noticeable as well.

Single-malt Islay remains my favorite.  I remain fascinated that an island of just over 3000 people can have such a well-known world-class product.

• Like 1
  • Bump 2

Desktop: Core i5 2500k "Sandy Bridge" | RX 480 | 32 GB DDR3 | 1 TB 850 Evo + 512 GB NVME + HDDs | Seasonic 650W | Noctua Fans | 8.1 Pro

Laptop: MSI Alpha 15 | Ryzen 5800H | Radeon 6600M | 64 GB DDR4 | 4 TB TLC SSD | 10 Home

Laptop history: MSI GL63 (2018) | HP EliteBook 8740w (acq. 2014) | Dell Inspiron 1520 (2007)

Drinking this.....Japanese sure don't understand the english language....(HINT: say Calpis very fast)

calpis.thumb.jpg.002d20907e282ef6247f9d7408f1e2f5.jpg

• Haha 3

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win8.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The watermelon sour sounds awesomely interesting. I have been partaking in N/A beers and spirits lately as the hangovers are BRUTAL lately.  Sign of getting old.  One wonderful thing cannabis does. NO hangy....also, you always have your "wits" about you. Not like when you are really drunk where you just flop all over the place.  ha ha.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kojack said:

NO hangy....also, you always have your "wits" about you. Not like when you are really drunk where you just flop all over the place.  ha ha.  

I was exact opposite in my troubled youth. I couldnt think straight when stoned. Too disjointed.

I like to have the illusion of control at all times so I fought that disjointed feeling and had bad experiences.

When drunk I could still think "coherently".........or maybe a better description would be "in a linear fashion, one thought following on and flowing to the next".

Sure maybe I never had the best ideas when drunk but at least they made sense at the time :classic_laugh:

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ryan said:

its funny but when weed was illegal I smoked it like snoop. now its legal and I dont touch it...oh the irony.

my dad wants me to try weed to see if it helps me out in a variety of ways, but im just not interested even though I know it can help mood/sleep/and alleviate pain

That's why I do it mainly. Pain, relax and sleep relief.  Side effect of chillin out listening to music is awesome!  I do get more creative using as well!

• Thumb Up 1

I found I was more out going and talked alot more told jokes overall had a good time

• Bump 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Presidents choice Canadian blend coffee...stright up like everything I drink.  Or, used to at this point. Ha.

• Thumb Up 1

just plain water gentleman. do not smoke, and i have stop drinking sodas.

have drank in the past but not anymore

and am not much of a drinker either i drink 1 beer and am smiling dirnk 2 and am drunk. besides i hate hang overs.

i stopped because my psychiatrist told me to not drink. 

but..... at times i feel like drinking i feel sad and wish to drinik. 

havent drink beer since 2018.

i have done drugs but i also stop and been clean for more than 16 years.  ill never do that again.

• Like 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Also water tonight!  Hydrating, refreshing, frequently available, inexpensive... it has many redeeming qualities!

Lately my drug-containing beverage of choice has been lapsang souchong tea, a black tea from China whose leaves are smoke-dried.  It had disappeared from the local market, but reappeared via the Internet, just as good as before, but from a different brand.

I've also been drinking more beer.  I've moved to an area with at least four breweries within walking distance, not counting places that sell beer but don't make it themselves.  Turns out that going to a bar and having a pint or two can be a good way to have more real-life conversations.  So can going to a coffee shop with a bar and having a cuppa tea.  I've been doing more of both.

• Thumb Up 1

On 7/2/2024 at 8:57 AM, raptorddd said:

just plain water gentleman. do not smoke, and i have stop drinking sodas.

have drank in the past but not anymore

and am not much of a drinker either i drink 1 beer and am smiling dirnk 2 and am drunk. besides i hate hang overs.

i stopped because my psychiatrist told me to not drink. 

but..... at times i feel like drinking i feel sad and wish to drinik. 

havent drink beer since 2018.

i have done drugs but i also stop and been clean for more than 16 years.  ill never do that again.

Is Australia you would be called a "2 can sam" ....1 can (of beer) and your anybodies...2 cans and your nobodies :classic_laugh:

A word of advice I got when young....

Drinking is for celebrating....shopping is for when your sad.

Other than that I also only really drink water.....boiled with coffee in it :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

• Reciever changed the title to The new.....What are you "drinking" right now...
  • 2 weeks later...

How come the title was changed?

how so? can you explain further?  even via pm?