NotebookTalk

Clevo P870DM3-G cpu upgrade help request

Popcan

Hello, I came across this site on my search of a upgrade path for my p870DM.

I could have sworn I have seen posts of people upgrading from the 7700k to 8th and 9th gen in the past but for the life of me, I can not find them anymore. It seems like they have disappeared off the web. 

I have tried looking for dsanke and phoenix bios so I can upgrade. I am currently on the baked bios.

The lack of search results is making me second guess myself… I have seen a few threads of people talking about it but not enough information to lead me to the answer

I could be doing something wrong..

Any help in point me in the right direction would be awesome!

Thank you.

31 minutes ago, Popcan said:

I could have sworn I have seen posts of people upgrading from the 7700k to 8th and 9th gen in the past but for the life of me, I can not find them anymore. It seems like they have disappeared off the web. 

I have tried looking for dsanke and phoenix bios so I can upgrade. I am currently on the baked bios.

The lack of search results is making me second guess myself… I have seen a few threads of people talking about it but not enough information to lead me to the answer

Thank you.

They do exist on the NBRCHIVE Forums. I've used them in the past, but too cannot remember the name of the threads lol (all I can remember is that there were 2 of them posted by @DaMafiaGamer). Though, out of fear that the old forums might not have been archived back when they were about to shut down, I saved all of the Dsanke BIOSes alongside what you need to do to the pins for a 8th or 9th gen z170 mod from those threads you were talking about.

The Readme_Part 1 file got a bit messed up as I had accidently turned it into a .xlsx file a while ago. The conversion back to .txt worked, but messed with the format. If the new format is hard to read, you can turn the .xlsx file into a .pdf and that will fully restore the original format.

Here's the file!
https://files.catbox.moe/g3wu9d.zip

Clevo P870TM-G: Core i7 8700k @ 4.8ghz | Clevo GTX 1080 | 32gb HyperX DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 17" 1440p 120hz B173QTN01.0 Screen | 256gb Samsung 850 EVO | 500gb WD Blue SSD | 1tb Samsung 870 QVO | 2tb Seagate 5400rpm HDD | Prema BIOS

Alienware 17 R1: Core i7 4710mq @ 3.619ghz 741 CBR15 (834 CBR15 @ 4.213ghz) | Dell GTX 860m | 16gb HyperX DDR3L @ 2133mhz | 17" 3D 120hz LTN173HT02-T01 Screen | 256gb mSATA SSD

Asus Zephyrus G14: Ryzen 7 4800hs @ 4.2ghz | GTX 1650 | 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz | 14" 120hz LM140LF1F01 Screen | 512gb NVME SSD

31 minutes ago, Popcan said:

Thank you.

Yep, plenty of posts regarding the topic.

You can find all of the older posts from NBR on the NBRchive

Holy smokes! Thanks to both of you so much! 

I was not expecting a zip folder of everything I was looking for haha! Quite the insight to back those up, I would have remembered the day after he servers shutdown =P

Thanks again!!!

2 minutes ago, Popcan said:

Holy smokes! Thanks to both of you so much! 

I was not expecting a zip folder of everything I was looking for haha! Quite the insight to back those up, I would have remembered the day after he servers shutdown =P

Thanks again!!!

Technically, that was with us as well lol

Luckily the previous Super Moderator was able to convince TechTarget to bring back the forum for a week to give us a chance to "decide where we go".