NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170KM-G Thread

electrosoft

• Thumb Up 1
  • Haha 1

XMG Neo 17 (E24)  | 14900HX | 32GB (2X16) Corsair Vengeance DDR5@6600 CL30 | RTX4090 (+285/900) | QHD @240Hz G-Sync | 2x2TB Samsung 990 PRO | Killer WiFi 1675i | Oasis MK2 WC | Win 11 Home

Clevo X170KM-G | 11700KF | 64GB (4x16) Crucial Ballistix DDR4@2933 CL14 | RTX3080 (+220/1650) | QHD @165Hz G-Sync | 1TB WD SN850X | Intel AX200 WiFi | Win 11 Pro

which cpu is best - 10850k or 11700kf?

I pre-ordered two CPUs and want to know yours opinion. what are the advantages of 10850k and what are the advantages of 11700kf. can x170km use gear 1 or gear 2 for memory and why. I see in the post above that 11700kf uses 2933mhz, when I had 10900k (unfortunately it burned out due to a short circuit on the board) it used 3200 frequency without modifications. i know problem with latency 11 gen cpus

I am at 2933, because 3200 gives me worse points. 
2933 CL14 Gear 1 works best for me

XMG Neo 17 (E24)  | 14900HX | 32GB (2X16) Corsair Vengeance DDR5@6600 CL30 | RTX4090 (+285/900) | QHD @240Hz G-Sync | 2x2TB Samsung 990 PRO | Killer WiFi 1675i | Oasis MK2 WC | Win 11 Home

Clevo X170KM-G | 11700KF | 64GB (4x16) Crucial Ballistix DDR4@2933 CL14 | RTX3080 (+220/1650) | QHD @165Hz G-Sync | 1TB WD SN850X | Intel AX200 WiFi | Win 11 Pro

54 minutes ago, MiRaGe said:

I am at 2933, because 3200 gives me worse points. 
2933 CL14 Gear 1 works best for me

you trying another CPUs? 10gen? i dont know which best or optimal cpu for his money 🙂 

how 11700kf power consumption and heating on benchmarks and stress tests (seperately CPU and dual load CPU+GPU heating) i know that i7\i9 10gen has lower power and heating then 11gen i7\i9 cpu. Do you have overheating? need desable AVX512 instructions? (some people say with enabled this component CPU working not stable)

No overheating here, haven‘t disable anything, UV -130 and max temp 85C after heavy CPU intensive gaming session (Warzone 3).

• Thumb Up 1

"X170SM-G" (i9-10900KF, RTX 3080, 128GB RAM)

3DMark Time Spy 

🤗👌

• Bump 1

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*

Hello

I have an x170km.   With i9 11th Gen.   I updated the BIOS with the one  Sergey Muratov.

It was so my friend could limit the power of the cpu having shut down issues with games.  We had the Intel management program in Windows running where he shit off some of the cores and adjusted some of the power settings.

I updated the bios and he went in and did the changes under the bios.  He changed the number of cores active as well.

When restarted I mean turning power  button.  It turns on well the light around the power button and with in less a 1/4 second it turns off. it does not even have time to power rest of things on etc before it turns off again.

We removed cmos battery for reset.  That made no difference.  Is there another was to reset the bios completely on the model.  Or have we completely killed it.

• Thumb Up 1

18 hours ago, Mark Spruce said:

Hello

I have an x170km.   With i9 11th Gen.   I updated the BIOS with the one  Sergey Muratov.

Though I have fiddled with the BIOSes of other  machines (I have yet to flash a new one on my X170KM-G, I've only unlocked what it has), I think you will have to be more specific about exactly which BIOS you are talking about --- I suggest you include the link to the exact post by Sergey Muratov from which you got the BIOS --- I don't recall exactly, but he may have posted more than one download file, but still, even if it's only one BIOS he posted, you need to provide more info so others have a better understanding of what's going on.

It was so my friend could limit the power of the cpu having shut down issues with games.  We had the Intel management program in Windows running where he shit off some of the cores and adjusted some of the power settings.

I updated the bios and he went in and did the changes under the bios.  He changed the number of cores active as well.

You have to be VERY CAREFUL when changing BIOS settings. As I've said, I've done things with the BIOS on OTHER computers (not the X170KM), and even then I was never so adventurous as to change many things before completely understanding what I was doing. It is important to document yourself about anything you want to change, the more the better, and not change anything even when believe you've understood something, not until you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing. It's TOO EASY to mess things up. Your description of what your friend did lacks any detail, so I would suspect something was changed before fully knowing what your friend was doing.

Again, if you want help, you will have to provide more details about what was done, I suspect.

When restarted I mean turning power  button.  It turns on well the light around the power button and with in less a 1/4 second it turns off. it does not even have time to power rest of things on etc before it turns off again.

It sounds to me like you have bricked your computer. Chances are you will have to reflash a good BIOS with a EEPROM programmer --- which means doing it with hardware, as you are no longer able to access the computer's systems.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be curt, but I'm afraid I can't sugar coat what seems to me to be bad news. I believe you may recover your notebook, but it will likely not be easy. I think it's doable, but it will probably be a bit of a headache.

Who knows, maybe someone else here may have better news and better advice. Good luck.

On 8/1/2024 at 3:41 AM, Mark Spruce said:

Hello

We removed cmos battery for reset.  That made no difference.  Is there another was to reset the bios completely on the model.  Or have we completely killed it.

everything said above is correct. even by changing one hidden setting you can get a brick. If the laptop does not start, it means that the POST not pass and the no ability to restore the BIOS.

On 8/1/2024 at 2:41 AM, Mark Spruce said:

Hello

Are in u europe? I can reflash it for you if needed

• Thumb Up 1

Guys, I have problem with micro-stuttering in games (Warzone 3, Battlefield V) with my 165Hz G-sync display.

Is there a problem with the G-Sync implementation on this panel (NVCP says G-Sync is working though)?

I've never had such a stutter with my previous P775TM1-G 144Hz or my other Neo17 E24 240Hz panel...

Would XMG bios update resolve this?

Current bios - 1.07.07

EC - 1.07.03

ME - 15.0.42.2235

Hello Guys,

I'm an owner of Clevo X170KM-G sold by Hyperbook. Currently, I7 11700K + RTX 3070, 32 GB Ram.

As time goes, I saw a substantial degradation in terms of cooling capacity.

My question is - I'm interested in switching to water cooling, with part available from Aliexpress: LINK TO IT

This will be connected to this one: LINK TO IT

Possibly will replace the controller with ESP32 which will communicate with the PC via Bluetooth/USB to give it more "dynamic" settings for the fan and pump. 

But my main question is - does anyone who did it - what is an exact change in the temperature?

Do you still need to use laptop fans?

What are their speeds?

Is the setup more silent?

On 8/6/2024 at 12:17 PM, SaintofBlood said:

Hello Guys,

I'm an owner of Clevo X170KM-G sold by Hyperbook. Currently, I7 11700K + RTX 3070, 32 GB Ram.

As time goes, I saw a substantial degradation in terms of cooling capacity.

My question is - I'm interested in switching to water cooling, with part available from Aliexpress: LINK TO IT

This will be connected to this one: LINK TO IT

Possibly will replace the controller with ESP32 which will communicate with the PC via Bluetooth/USB to give it more "dynamic" settings for the fan and pump. 

But my main question is - does anyone who did it - what is an exact change in the temperature?

Do you still need to use laptop fans?

What are their speeds?

Is the setup more silent?

The 11700K and the 3070 are not that demanding, have you considered going with a repaste and new pads instead?

The watercooling will be very nice when you want it quiet - that is not possible with the classic cooling solution.

• Thumb Up 1

Is there any specific way for switching from XMG bios back to Vanilla Clevo's one?

Or just a normal flash.

On 8/7/2024 at 8:29 PM, 1610ftw said:

The 11700K and the 3070 are not that demanding, have you considered going with a repaste and new pads instead?

The watercooling will be very nice when you want it quiet - that is not possible with the classic cooling solution.

Are there any results of that operation?

I mean, did anyone do exact tests of after and before?

Saw some posts on the forum, but not exactly a comparison with tests

In my case laptop runs nearly 24 hours on full CPU + GPU usage (it's more or less like a server), thus I believe that a water-cooling solution might be better for that.

22 hours ago, SaintofBlood said:

Are there any results of that operation?

I mean, did anyone do exact tests of after and before?

Saw some posts on the forum, but not exactly a comparison with tests

In my case laptop runs nearly 24 hours on full CPU + GPU usage (it's more or less like a server), thus I believe that a water-cooling solution might be better for that.

Yes that is a case where it would probably make sense to use the watercooling solution.

I bought that heatsink myself but as my usage turns out to be lighter (last I looked it was about 150 to 200W for 6 to 12 hours per day) and the water cooling heatsink is quite heavy and thge setup would be a bit tricky so I do not feel that I really need it and I will most likely sell it again.

@MaxxD should be able to fill you in as he has an X170 with the heatsink and also with the regular heatsink, too.

On 7/4/2024 at 4:39 PM, kela-slk said:

And question for guru - i have 2 displays for x170KM , its 4k b173zan01 60hz perfect display UHD, and perfect 300HZ Full HD b173han05. Which is better? I can't decide which one is better. 

Can anyone write the advantages and disadvantages of both and which one you would choose for yourself.

Thanks 

I feel like those panels are really widely varied, should be a pretty easy pick based on preference

300HZ 1080P wins on refresh rate by a factor of 5, and games will run at a higher framerate / less power consumption if locked @ 60FPS.

60HZ 4K is sharper, might be better for productivity due to being able to fit more text on screen, but running games at 4k/60 is more demanding than 1080/60.

IMO, at 17", 1080p is more than sufficient for most applications, so I'd personally pick the 300HZ panel. That being said, if I had the 4k panel, I wouldn't complain either 😄

Hello eveyone, I come to the forum to know if someone is in the same situation as me (it's a call for help).

So for the specifications, I have a Recoil 17 laptop from PCS with an X170KM-G motherboard, I have an i7 11700k (socket 1200), an RTX 3080 (165W TDP - 16 GB Vram), 32 GB in 3200 mhz, 5 TB SSD NVME, 144 hz screen, two 280 w power supplies.

I bought the pc at the beginning of the year (second hand) and I encounter a problem every time I play, no matter the game, no matter the temperatures, the use of the GPU or CPU ... the pc simply turns off and does not want to restart, for it to accept to turn on I have to remove the battery from the pc and wait a few seconds for the system to completely drain.

I have HWinfo (to have the max temperatures in use), MSI Afterbuner (to know the temperatures in game, the frequency of the CPU, the use of the ram ...), my drivers are all up to date, I have not overclocked anything.

Here are the games I played: Sea of thieves, MW2, Call of duty warzone, GTA V, World of tanks (Blitz), Assetto Corsa, Forza horizon 5...
And I crash with all the games, no matter the settings, I tested in ultra, medium, low... and sometimes I can play 1 hour without having a problem then the pc decides to turn off, otherwise it's between 10 and 20 minutes.

I had this problem 4-5 times after the purchase but after a few days I had not had this problem anymore, but for 3 weeks the pc is hell, I can do office automation, programming... but I really can't play. I tried to see what I had changed (since the problem reappeared) but I haven't touched anything.

I play while plugged into the mains to have the most performance possible but well that doesn't change anything, the pc turns off all the time.

So I come beacause I saw that some people had problems like this, if so I would like to have some advice, I can send documents, photos... PC statistics (according to your requests), I do not know where the problem comes from so I do not know what to do.

I have had several laptops, several towers (that I assembled) and so I have a basis in terms of handling, knowledge of the components...

I changed the thermal paste hoping to have a change but apart from 2-3°C (CPU) I have not had any evolution.

I played by being only plugged in to test without the battery but the problem is still present.

I use a IET GT500 to improve cooling

note: since the pc is turned off, I have keys that stay on red permanently, it is impossible to remove the RGB of these keys.

Thank you in advance

1723646037290.jpg

iets gt500.jpg

parametres.png

températures 1.png

températures 2.png

températures 3.png

températures 10.png

températures 11.png

températures 12.png

températures 100.png

températures 101.png

températures 102.png

I see two systems here with the 11700K and heat issues and the problem is that the 11700K most of the time is a badly binned 11900K which needs a lot of power anyway. Without undervolting and at up to 5 GHz one will see lots of power consumption for little added gain.

With temperatures going very high and the system shutting off several things may apply:

1. the CPU power limit is reached

2. the system power limit is reached

3. the CPU temperature limit is reached

Looking at a temp of 98°C and up to 200W power consumption I would suggest to limit CPU power consumption to between 150 and 165W and adjust the CPU accordingly with Throttlestop for something like this:

Cores 1 to 2: 49 or 50

Cores 2 to 4: 49

Cores 5 to 6: 48

Cores 7 to 8: 45 or 46 depending what is needed to go to lower power consumption.

Start with a -75 undervolt and take it from there, maybe you can get back up a bit with the multipliers but it is a starting point. 

To give an idea of possible savings I tested a 10850K that would take up to 222W at 4.7GHz effective all core speed and with an undervolt it would go to less than 170W and I would expect it to be stable at 180W at most.

Going down to 4.6GHz from there would have resulted in another reduction in power consumption of around 15W so with a performance reduction of about 2% and undervolting it was possible to go from 222W to about 165W for a ca. 25% reduction in power consumption with effectively no meaningful loss in performance. That is a lot less heat and imo it is the way to go for longevity and more stable gaming and productive use, too.

• Thumb Up 1

I would use Intel XTU and reduce the power limit to 80 watt and see what happens.

I disabled enhanced c-state in the unlocked bios and this makes the system complete stable in my case.

BTW: i use Thermal Grizzly KryoSheet pads for CPU und GPU. That works very well and over a way longer time.

• Thumb Up 2

Clevo X170KM-G // BIOS Clevo 1.07.08 // EC 1.07.04
Intel Core i9-11900K with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
64GB (2x32GB) Patriot 3200Mhz DDR4
Nvidia RTX 3080 Laptop 16GB with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
17.3" UHD 4k 60Hz display (calibrated full AdobeRGB)
System Win11: 2TB Samsung Pro 980 NVMe SSD
System Win10: 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVMe SSD
Data: 2TB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD
VMware: 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD

@crossshotWhat are the temps on your side?

I don't measure it in the last months, but the fans way more silent. Fan offset is 5%

CPU idle is ~45 to 50°C

Clevo X170KM-G // BIOS Clevo 1.07.08 // EC 1.07.04
Intel Core i9-11900K with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
64GB (2x32GB) Patriot 3200Mhz DDR4
Nvidia RTX 3080 Laptop 16GB with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme
17.3" UHD 4k 60Hz display (calibrated full AdobeRGB)
System Win11: 2TB Samsung Pro 980 NVMe SSD
System Win10: 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVMe SSD
Data: 2TB Samsung Evo 970 NVMe SSD
VMware: 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe SSD

Good morning
I'm new to Clevo x170kmg....
I need your help please...
I have a Clevo RTX 2080super card that I installed in my Clevo x170 kmg but impossible to install driver.."pci express port in yellow"
I think it's because of PCIe 4.0 because the card comes from the Clevo x170smg with PCIe 3.0 port...
Could you help me with the installation please?
THANK YOU

1.jpg

2.jpg