NotebookTalk

Official Clevo X170KM-G Thread

electrosoft

16 hours ago, Pfudaniel said:

Thanks i already was in contact to him and indeed it shud work just fine :). Thanks tho for the headsup! No gsync is fine im not to bothered for that! Im preparing myself as much i can for when it all arrives . So yeah any info is welcome to this part ofcourse🙏 thanks

I think you're set, just be careful to not overdo it with the memory timings and check that you get everything running first.

If you like it clean you could go for some kind of carbon / graphene pad for heatsink testing and positioning and later replace it with PTM7950 but any thermal paste will do if you don't mind a bit of cleanup before applying PTM7950.

17 hours ago, Pfudaniel said:

Thanks i already was in contact to him and indeed it shud work just fine :). Thanks tho for the headsup! No gsync is fine im not to bothered for that! Im preparing myself as much i can for when it all arrives . So yeah any info is welcome to this part ofcourse🙏 thanks

I'm interested in the result! I wanted to buy it too, but as I read, it's not easy to work. Hope everything will be fine. 🙏

◄►Clevo® X170SM-G + AIO Water SystemWin10 & 11 x64 Pro "Dual Boot" System◄►+ Pioneer®BDR-209EBK + RaidSonic®ICY BOX IB-550STU3S►LG®OLED55C9PLA "4K" 120Hz G-Sync 1MS►HP®DeskJet GT 5820 (X3B09A)◄►*.*

On 4/4/2024 at 11:40 AM, MaxxD said:

I'm interested in the result! I wanted to buy it too, but as I read, it's not easy to work. Hope everything will be fine. 🙏

Wil post and update asap parts have arrived! Gonne use cryosheet first and check temps. If im happy i wont replace otherwise il try ptm

On 4/4/2024 at 10:12 AM, 1610ftw said:

I think you're set, just be careful to not overdo it with the memory timings and check that you get everything running first.

If you like it clean you could go for some kind of carbon / graphene pad for heatsink testing and positioning and later replace it with PTM7950 but any thermal paste will do if you don't mind a bit of cleanup before applying PTM7950.

Thanks! Yeah im not into overclocking to much.  2x 16gig 3200 is fine for me! Il use cryosheet first if happy il leave it as it is . Otherwise ptm 🙂 

2 hours ago, Pfudaniel said:

Thanks! Yeah im not into overclocking to much.  2x 16gig 3200 is fine for me! Il use cryosheet first if happy il leave it as it is . Otherwise ptm 🙂 

Pretty sure that you will want PTM7950 for the 10900K 😄

• Haha 1

Does anyone have EC 1.07.03 or 1.07.02? I've never had a problem with my laptop randomly shutting down/rebooting in the middle of a game but I upgraded to 1.07.04TR1 from XMG this weekend and I rebooted twice today, on a fresh install of Win 11, while playing.

Yes - it is a learning experience, but does anyone happen to have a backup? Thanks in advance!

Update: Luckily I was able to find a copy of 1.07.02 that crossshot had shared on the XMG Discord server 2 years ago. Successfully reflashed and running tests now.

firmware before update.png

Edited by oduska
Found the file I needed
  • Thumb Up 1

Hello Guys, im new to the x170km just got mine as a barebone laptop. i have installed a 11700k and a 3080 but my laptops heat-sink did not have the spring screws included and am having issues finding which size they are if anyone knows please help.

On 4/12/2024 at 10:49 PM, DepressoExpresso said:

Hello Guys, im new to the x170km just got mine as a barebone laptop. i have installed a 11700k and a 3080 but my laptops heat-sink did not have the spring screws included and am having issues finding which size they are if anyone knows please help.

Try contacting clevo or any reseller. Otherwise ebay or ali

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2022 at 1:17 AM, Clamibot said:

image.png.2b0a775bd721584376ceae8126c336d4.png

Set all the zones to black, then restart your laptop and see if that helps with your issue.

If I remember correctly, when you first launch this program, it will ask you something about configuring the zones. Select D_LED1 Bottom, D_LED2 Top, and Motherboard as your zones that you'll be modifying the colors for.

Zone breakdown:

• Zone D_LED1 Bottom is the light bar at the back of the laptop.
  • Zone D_LED2 Top is the keyboard.
  • Zone Motherboard is the two lights on the sides of the laptop.

Coming back to open RGB after unsuccessful previous attempts.

Yesterday I swapped my system drive and my Clevo not only reverted back to its nasty blue default but without CCC I am not even able to switch off the keyboard lights 😞

Has anybody had success with a program like open RGB and is currently using it for per key RGB configuration?

I would really like to finally color-code some keys but at the moment the only way to do that looks to be a multi-boot system where I boot into an installation that I only keep around for setting RGB without the nasty CCC polluting my main system.

7 hours ago, DepressoExpresso said:

i have my clevo x170km with i711900k and 3080 but sometimes the screen goes black randomly and im not sure if its a common issue or just mine, it doesnt freeze everything in the backgrounds continues to function and make noise its just a black screen?

Mine had similar issues had the screen replaced.