NotebookTalk

Cleaning windows iso's with MSMG Toolkit Safe?

Snowleopard

I have seen stripped down ISO's for Windows 10 and 11 and wanted to know how people do that. I guess there is a script file on the ISO that goes through everything and I found the MSMG Toolkit site, but is that safe? And what if you want to bundle some Windows updates in the ISO so you don't have to manually do a windows update later?

2 hours ago, Snowleopard said:

I have seen stripped down ISO's for Windows 10 and 11 and wanted to know how people do that. I guess there is a script file on the ISO that goes through everything and I found the MSMG Toolkit site, but is that safe? And what if you want to bundle some Windows updates in the ISO so you don't have to manually do a windows update later?

i have done it before.. id say its pretty safe. and yes you could add updates to ISO.

watch this video

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

35 minutes ago, raptorddd said:

i have done it before.. id say its pretty safe. and yes you could add updates to ISO.

watch this video

Yeah, I watched that video, but wasn't sure if that toolkit had other stuff going on or if it was legit and safe to use. If it is safe, that would save a lot of headache vs installing the standard iso and then having to hack everything apart to remove stuff after the fact.

15 hours ago, Snowleopard said:

Yeah, I watched that video, but wasn't sure if that toolkit had other stuff going on or if it was legit and safe to use. If it is safe, that would save a lot of headache vs installing the standard iso and then having to hack everything apart to remove stuff after the fact.

you can find it on my digital life forum.. so am pretty sure all they post there must be pretty safe.. i beleive that is a microsoft tool not sure if its open source. head there and ask them.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2