NotebookTalk

Praise to HP- OMEN with 4090 at $2400

Bullit

I give praise also! I own a  3060 omen and its great, one of the best laptops iv'e owned. they must have good quality control as I have yet to have an issue with HP. MSI/Acer/clevo all had issues. this is a safe bet . thanks for this guy

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

That is a steal for a RTX 4090 laptop and the i7-13700HX is a pretty powerful CPU but sadly the HP Omens still uses the same chassis design since 2020...

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

@KING19 If its anything like the omen 16 it's built like a tank. I don't know each to their own. I personally have owned every brand except dell and hp is the only brand I don't have issues with. they must have great quality control because iv'e been running the fans at max for 1.5 years now and 0 problems and great temps given the right settings. not many laptops run full bore.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

4 hours ago, ryan said:

@KING19 If its anything like the omen 16 it's built like a tank. I don't know each to their own. I personally have owned every brand except dell and hp is the only brand I don't have issues with. they must have great quality control because iv'e been running the fans at max for 1.5 years now and 0 problems and great temps given the right settings. not many laptops run full bore.

Thats odd. I used to work for HP in Aust and I wouldn't touch their garbage if you paid me (again).....That being said It was mostly servers and workstations I worked on. Around the time they took over Compaq (so I also worked on a lot of those)

Never even seen an Omen Laptop :classic_ohmy:

• Thumb Up 1
  • Hands 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

yeah I never thought much of HP, they never really had anything I liked or that I would buy, heard the omen was a good form factor(thinner than a clevo) and good temps. It true its average size and the temps are good compared to 90 percent of whats out there. I don't know its alright, the main thing is it doesnt crash and it doesn't have hardware issues, Iv'e been overclocking it and running max fans and it hasn't given up once. my msi gs63vr had fans go 2 times in 6 months so yeah I just avoid msi now. razer seems good but typically they have poor thermals well they used to, not sure what there like these days, haven't really been researching much as I have a laptop and it runs well.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

On 6/20/2023 at 6:52 AM, ryan said:

yeah I never thought much of HP, they never really had anything I liked or that I would buy, heard the omen was a good form factor(thinner than a clevo) and good temps. It true its average size and the temps are good compared to 90 percent of whats out there. I don't know its alright, the main thing is it doesnt crash and it doesn't have hardware issues, Iv'e been overclocking it and running max fans and it hasn't given up once. my msi gs63vr had fans go 2 times in 6 months so yeah I just avoid msi now. razer seems good but typically they have poor thermals well they used to, not sure what there like these days, haven't really been researching much as I have a laptop and it runs well.

I have a bad history with HP laptops in the past, even my last laptop which was a HP ENVY 17 went through it a share of issues and im surprised it still works even though its 9 years old after repairing most of it myself including a motherboard replacement.

Im sure they've improved a lot since then and i would buy one at a good price but the only problem i have with the HP OMEN's is that they been using the same chassis design since 2020 with no changes whatsoever besides the CPU and GPU.

• Thumb Up 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

well I say this from 2 laptops which doesn't speak of all their laptops. I had a i5 gen 4 regualr laptop without gaming capabilities and it lasted me 4 years sold it and im sure its still around and kicking. after seeing this laptop for 2300 I thought well its hp ill give them a shot again. Im amazed because 0 laptops are designed to run full fans for 1 and a half years. they simply don't design them to do that, as why would you leave your laptop on for years at full bore without shutting it down.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled