NotebookTalk

P751tm-g 9700KF overclocking

fricknbot

Hello again Clevo peeps,

I have some more questions hopefully more simple at this time round.

If any one has a i7 9700kf or 9700k mind sharing your OC settings or giving me some advice?

I've posted a picture of my current settings.

Cheers!

IMG_20230707_171845.jpg

Clevo P751TM-G / i7-9700KF OC 4.9GHz Undervolted -95mV / RTX 2070 / 32GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz

unless ur under air conditioned enviroment in summer i downclock the cpu to 4 4.2ghz max ....

during winter i have 4.6ghz with -80mv.  power limit set to 135 watt.

more then 4.6ghz must be usefull only for benchmarking .... no real need to daily use  a notebook with such high cpu  frequency in normal gaming.

this is all my opinion about longevity of notebook.

3 hours ago, Scruffy said:

unless ur under air conditioned enviroment in summer i downclock the cpu to 4 4.2ghz max ....

during winter i have 4.6ghz with -80mv.  power limit set to 135 watt.

more then 4.6ghz must be usefull only for benchmarking .... no real need to daily use  a notebook with such high cpu  frequency in normal gaming.

this is all my opinion about longevity of notebook.

My CPU doesn't really seem to clock to those speeds anyway while gaming and i've got one of the IETS GT300 cooling pads as well so my temps stay pretty reasonable.

The CPU only get up to its max base clock of 3.6ghz on all cores when doing anything like gaming so I'm not sure if its something with the BIOS, i was thinking of flashing the Dsanke BIOS but if there are any other workarounds to getting my CPU to 4.2gh would be appreciated.

Also I live in the UK so it doesn't get that hot here during the summer, currently its raining 🙂

Clevo P751TM-G / i7-9700KF OC 4.9GHz Undervolted -95mV / RTX 2070 / 32GB DDR4 @ 3200Mhz

5 hours ago, Scruffy said:

power limit 1 to 135000 , also power limit 2 to 135000.

then on processor  on bottom of that bios page, put  the "-" and then 80mv.

try with all core to 4.6ghz.

I've resorted to using Throttlestop for when I'm gaming, I've got it at 4.5ghz with 100mv - and it's pretty stable, set the power limits to 135w as well works great!

• Thumb Up 1

Im using a 9900 non K , if i let it go to by base setting its consume 135W 4.6ghz allcore at 99C , so i simply disabled turbo boost and its now allcore 3,1ghz but with 45W and it can maintain a fanless operation at 70C. I have stock bios so no advanced menu or OC menu for me , but planning to get an unlocked bios and set the cpu freq to active cores. Like one core 5.0ghz , 2 cores 4.6 ,4 cores 4.2, 6 cores 3.8 and allcore 3.4ghz to get low temps on the cpu, the gpu is fine by me, same almost fanless operation.

HP Omen Transcend 16 13700HX/32GB 4800mhz/RTX 4070 105W/QHD 240Hz IPS.