NotebookTalk

Got the wifey into the Pixel! Ordering 2 8s, with watch 2 asap.

kojack

On 1/5/2024 at 10:10 AM, Reciever said:

Post removed @kojack

Needlessly inflammatory posts that serve no purpose will be removed. If certain points of conversation are not as valued to you personally then there is no harm in simply stating as such. Insulting members of the community does not serve the discussion.

Thanks for your continued understanding.

@aldarxt

If anyone would like to continue the discussion of mobile devices please feel free to do so.

Please refer to the above, thanks everyone. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 6:25 PM, Reciever said:

It is unfortunate, but there will always be times where particular personalities dont mingle well together. I have my biases just as any other but I do make the attempt to understand others' position which can be quite difficult pending the circumstances.

Hey happy to see you are satisfied with your recent purchases! 

My journey with the Pixel line started with the Pixel 6 then later 7 Pro. Both seem to have the same issue where they drop WiFi every 15 minutes or so and also lose connection to 5G requiring a restart, the latter being far less common. Between this and lack of a desktop mode for when I am in a bind at work its proven itself to be an unreliable tool so I will not be looking at these products for the next generation. 

That being said the camera works very well, SMS and Teams do quite well and the battery can last me about a day with an hour of video podcasts and bluetooth enabled I usually am around 40-50% by the time I go to bed (dont use my phone much at all at home).

@Reciever Not sure if your carrier or telecom uses CBRS. If you're sure, you can simply disable CBRS from *#*#4636*#*# in Phone Number. If you don't use Dual SIM standby you can disable it to maximize battery life and NSA/SA 5G stability.

If you're okay with a clean start and restore the phone via backup I'd suggest using Pixel Phone Repair to factory erase by unlocking the bootloader and then re-locking it once flashing is complete. It did fix my constant Wifi and LTE/5G random disconnections on Pixel 7.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Vasudev said:

@Reciever Not sure if your carrier or telecom uses CBRS. If you're sure, you can simply disable CBRS from *#*#4636*#*# in Phone Number. If you don't use Dual SIM standby you can disable it to maximize battery life and NSA/SA 5G stability.

If you're okay with a clean start and restore the phone via backup I'd suggest using Pixel Phone Repair to factory erase by unlocking the bootloader and then re-locking it once flashing is complete. It did fix my constant Wifi and LTE/5G random disconnections on Pixel 7.

I will definitely look into that, thanks for the tip! 

• 3 weeks later...

4 months in of constant use for both of us and we LOVE these devices. They are so far ahead of what our iPhones were in imaging, display and overall use. We are extremely happy with them, and the wife said she's never going back to apple again!  Woot.  A win for me!

• Thumb Up 2

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses