NotebookTalk

ASUS Vivobook/Zenbook OLED thread

ryan

Just bought a vivobook 15x 1080p laptop from a local shop today and so far im impressed, I have a great gaming laptop and ultrabook already but had to jump on the oled bandwagon.

specs

asus vivobook 15x

windows 11 home

8gb ddr4 3200

512gb nvme

intel xe

i5 12500h

thunderbolt 4

hdmi 2.0

1080p 100 percent DCI coverage OLED display 60hz 600nits(hdr) 350 nits(sdr)

battery life on it at first was 3.5 hours normal usage

now after a few power saving tweaks im getting a solid 5-6 hours and thats under constant load and actually using it, unlike the review where it just sits not being touched.

I must say for 650 cad it was well worth the price, now to add a 8gb stick and get the puppy a 4tb ssd. should be goood enough for 400 plus older games I have in my collection and for cyberpunk/witcher 3/crysis remastered I can use geforce now. 

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 3 months later...

concerning the Zenbook 14 OLED

little update, no one seems interested even though for general use and light gaming the laptop is utterly incredible. With a fresh install of windows and no tweaks all stock settings im still getting 9-10 hours web browsing/video/music battery life. I have never heard of this before, typically when people are claiming over 10 hours they are highly tweaked and doing extremely un demanding tasks like word or 90 percent usage being idle with screen almost off at 150nits.

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled