NotebookTalk

Clevo P775TM1 GPU fan not responding to GPU temperatures..

zex4

Hey everyone 

As the title says...I have problems with the graphics card fan...i am have this clevo 775  model since 2020...I've struggled with a few problems until now which I was able to solve easily....such like cpu ,gpu,display upgrades etc..has done its job so far until I noticed this problem only after it shut down twice while gaming...

The problem is that the GPU fan doesn't respond to gpu temps...no matter how many degrees the GPU reaches, the GPU fan remains constant at around 1200rpm...manual fan curve from control center doesn't help...only when I set fans to max or hit fn+1 then the gpu and cpu fan goes to full speed...cpu fan working perfect and also responding to cpu temp...

Already tried everything like reinstalling Windows with clean drivers + tested with 3 different GPUs,1070, 1080 and 2060 also different cpu,ram and ssd...luckily i had one 775 fan lying as replacement but its the same sadly even i swich the fans...Also flashed different BIOS like Dsanke, Stock, Eurocomm but nothing changes after troubleshooting so long...

i think its hardware problem but i dont know what exactly...

So you are my last chance boys 😞

i uploaded a small screen record video here... on mark 54 second i hit fn+1 as you can see on this video

https://jmp.sh/s/VoG9Zy2bqE31LWU7saPE

for know i can use it with hitting fn+1 when gpu temp rises....so lets see how it goes 

@zex4Why don't you try RLECViewer and see how that goes.  The UI is really simple but I have had good luck with it. It allows you set a % of fan use in relation to the temperature.  Oh and uninstall the control center when you try it.

• Previous lives: D900F / P150HM / P150EM / P870DM2 / X170KM
  • Testing/Backup Rig - P750DM2 - **in process** - *Build Thread*
  • Wife's Daily - P750DM2- 4k Panel / 6700k / 1060 GTX / 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance / 1TB Samsung 970 Plus / 2TB WD Black SN770 / Killer Wifi
  • Self Daily - P750DM2 (2016) - Dsanke BIOS / 8700k (2017) / 2080 RTX (2019) / 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Ballistix / ETC
  • Determined to keep the socketed 15.6" laptops alive as long as possible!!

Thanks for the tips buddy but I also tested it with clean windows so without clevo center...but that tools sounds great so would be rly helpful until I can fix this problem 

I don't want to replace this great machine and buy the newest burning laptops for cooking food 😅

I am still amazed how much upgradebility this machine has with 128gigs ram,3080....... 

@zex4  ya for sure - here is a link for it hopefully it works for you https://github.com/zuyan9/RLECViewer

• Previous lives: D900F / P150HM / P150EM / P870DM2 / X170KM
  • Testing/Backup Rig - P750DM2 - **in process** - *Build Thread*
  • Wife's Daily - P750DM2- 4k Panel / 6700k / 1060 GTX / 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair Vengeance / 1TB Samsung 970 Plus / 2TB WD Black SN770 / Killer Wifi
  • Self Daily - P750DM2 (2016) - Dsanke BIOS / 8700k (2017) / 2080 RTX (2019) / 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 Ballistix / ETC
  • Determined to keep the socketed 15.6" laptops alive as long as possible!!