NotebookTalk

Need a 5.5x3mm female to 5.5x2.5mm male charger plug converter, please help me find one!

Olympus81

Hello!

I have a Samsung R528 laptop, with a CPA09-004A / AD-6019R charger, that possibly has an 5.5x3mm plug. A firend of mine gave me a laptop, for which he couldn't find the charger (PSL49E-00C005KS) and possibly has a 5.5x2.5mm charger plug. So my intent is to use my laptops charger to try out this other laptop (both laptop needs equal Voltage input), but I couldn't find anywhere a 5.5x3.5mm female to 5.5x2.5mm charger plug converter. So my question is, to please give me some tips in what webshops could i possibly find such a charger plug converter?

I'm mainly asking for EU webshops, or maybe Chineese ones.

Thank you!

I suspect that it will be much easier to find a compatible charger. The parameters that matter are voltage, amps or watts, plug size and plug polarity (almost always centre positive). The information, except for plug size, is usually on a label on the bottom of the computer. The only plug adaptors I have come across, some years ago, were for Dell which had changed from a big plus to a smaller one. Businesses had large stocks of the old PSUs and wanted them to fit the new computers they had just bought.

Important correction: Sorry I have misstyped in the title before: The female side of the converter actually needs to be 5.5x3mm and NOT 5.5x3.5!!! (Dunno' how to edit the thread's title here tho'???)

On 3/11/2024 at 7:53 PM, John Ratsey said:

I suspect that it will be much easier to find a compatible charger. The parameters that matter are voltage, amps or watts, plug size and plug polarity (almost always centre positive). The information, except for plug size, is usually on a label on the bottom of the computer. The only plug adaptors I have come across, some years ago, were for Dell which had changed from a big plus to a smaller one. Businesses had large stocks of the old PSUs and wanted them to fit the new computers they had just bought.

I need the cheapest solution as possible. So the priority is still the charger plug adapter. (Both PSU's have the same Voltage output, so that won't be an issue).

• katalin_2003 changed the title to Need a 5.5x3mm female to 5.5x2.5mm male charger plug converter, please help me find one!
2 minutes ago, Olympus81 said:

Important correction: Sorry I have misstyped in the title before: The female side of the converter actually needs to be 5.5x3mm and NOT 5.5x3.5!!! (Dunno' how to edit the thread's title here tho'???)

The title has been adjusted.

• Thumb Up 1