NotebookTalk

Whats on your mind: General Chat

ryan

Alot of threads of people talking about off topic things, why not create a thread for anything and everything.

basically can be about hardware software news something to read before work/sleep.

found a funny video, pretty well done with great in character acting

and first part of this video is pretty funny rest not so much, ends up getting weird

• Haha 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Bought a 16gb 3200 stick of ram for my vivobook and ptm 7950 phase change pads with a screwdriver kit and a duster hopefully i can resolve my laptops overheating issues. ptm 7950/iets gt 500/ dusting it better work lol should be topping out at 60c but with my luck it will be peaking at 100c

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

I saw the very first Alien movie as an underage kid (had an 18+ rating)....I loved it!! (terrified PTSD nightmares aside)

I just saw this Alien Romulus trailer.....CAN NOT WAIT :classic_love:

Looks a lot like the game Alien Isolation

• Thumb Up 2

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

6 hours ago, ryan said:

Bought a 16gb 3200 stick of ram for my vivobook and ptm 7950 phase change pads with a screwdriver kit and a duster hopefully i can resolve my laptops overheating issues. ptm 7950/iets gt 500/ dusting it better work lol should be topping out at 60c but with my luck it will be peaking at 100c

report back if temps problem is gone..

6 hours ago, Eban said:

I saw the very first Alien movie as an underage kid (had an 18+ rating)....I loved it!! (terrified PTSD nightmares aside)

I just saw this Alien Romulus trailer.....CAN NOT WAIT :classic_love:

Looks a lot like the game Alien Isolation

saw that as a kid as well. did not have nightmare though. 

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

ohhh, that looks good. I remember watching aliens when i was like 16, scary stuff when your younger. great show though and yeah that does look like it's going to live up to the expectations i have, but will need more info.

Got into a car accident, totalled my vehicle got 6000. now its looking like whiplash and concussion. 50 000 - 100 000 but i'll only see 67 percent of it. takes 18-24 months also although i told my soon to be lawyer i'd rather settle early if the offer is decent say 10 000 less. 18 to 24 months seems like a long time but when I get the money ill be able to afford a iphone or razer laptop haha. going to just save.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Sad 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

9 hours ago, ryan said:

ohhh, that looks good. I remember watching aliens when i was like 16, scary stuff when your younger. great show though and yeah that does look like it's going to live up to the expectations i have, but will need more info.

Got into a car accident, totalled my vehicle got 6000. now its looking like whiplash and concussion. 50 000 - 100 000 but i'll only see 67 percent of it. takes 18-24 months also although i told my soon to be lawyer i'd rather settle early if the offer is decent say 10 000 less. 18 to 24 months seems like a long time but when I get the money ill be able to afford a iphone or razer laptop haha. going to just save.

good thing is you are ok.  money material items comes and goes.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Bump 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

7 hours ago, raptorddd said:

good thing is you are ok.  money material items comes and goes.

Damn straight! Money can't replace a limb or eye or whatever.

• Thumb Up 2

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

thanks @raptorddd and @Eban. Yeah fortunately Im doing ok. little sore but hey could be worse, the compensation is nice as I realize not all countries do this, like in mexico if you get hurt, well you get hurt thats it. lucky to live in canada.

im so bored right now just running 3dmark having a coffee waiting on my amazon orders, see if these electric dusters are any good, claims 160 000 rpm and they are dirt cheap. if its any good ill let you know.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

should be getting my stuff anytime now. 16gb stick of ram mixed with 8gb should be good. and hopefully the ptm works

doesn't look like it will be 10c-20c drop but 5c ill take

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

thanks @raptorddd and @Eban. Yeah fortunately Im doing ok. little sore but hey could be worse, the compensation is nice as I realize not all countries do this, like in mexico if you get hurt, well you get hurt thats it. lucky to live in canada.

im so bored right now just running 3dmark having a coffee waiting on my amazon orders, see if these electric dusters are any good, claims 160 000 rpm and they are dirt cheap. if its any good ill let you know.

Screenshot2024-03-29114348.thumb.png.e2aa6fd6ab14636ba6889cc0d2fbb5ab.png

like this scum governor that gave water to chilldren with cancer in the treatment he kept the money and gave water to pacients.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38675688

that is one thing ill would love to change in mexico better health care. IMSS they are incompetent.

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

as for temps i went extreme measures with ghetto mods. looks ugly but runs cooler.  needs a bit of paint.

the reason was i tought i was getting a for parts laptop with i7 2960xm very cheap but the package was lost fedex fucked up.

found another for parts but shipping is high though. but seller does not want to sell it due to mistakes made while making offers.

photo_2024-03-29_11-55-26.jpg

photo_2024-03-29_11-55-31.jpg

photo_2024-03-29_11-55-35.jpg

• Like 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

nice..

had no idea you guys even had health care plans.

I just installed the paste, its making a big difference with the de dusting and janky laptop paste job....hands got shaky.

before underclocked i was getting 74c after 10 min of gaming on cpu and gpu, and....57c

i cant remember if i had vsync on so the temps coulda been higher but worst case 57 vs 74 is 17c difference, pretty huge difference de dusting and ptm 7950 makes a big difference.

heres the example

Screenshot-6.png

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

What's on my mind? Ptm7950 why did I wait to try it. It's miracle stuff from a leprechaun. I can finally after 2 years just boot and play without tweaking and not have to worry about temps

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

6 hours ago, ryan said:

nice..

had no idea you guys even had health care plans.

I just installed the paste, its making a big difference with the de dusting and janky laptop paste job....hands got shaky.

before underclocked i was getting 74c after 10 min of gaming on cpu and gpu, and....57c

i cant remember if i had vsync on so the temps coulda been higher but worst case 57 vs 74 is 17c difference, pretty huge difference de dusting and ptm 7950 makes a big difference.

heres the example

Screenshot-6.png

my intentions were to make a cut out and use some metal mesh. but i had to buy black spray can and some epoxy to hold the mesh.

thats a big difference. more room to overclock maybe

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

if I were you id just bite the B and buy PTM7950 it does miracles.

just bought my first wifi 7 card for my vivobook

so far its getting the upgrades:

1tb sn850x over the standard 512gb

24gb ddr4 vs 8gb stock

be200 wifi 7 over the stock 201ax wifi 6 card

total cost:

laptop gain in net worth lol 0

people wont buy it for more with upgrades but hey still nice to upgrade.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

12 hours ago, ryan said:

if I were you id just bite the B and buy PTM7950 it does miracles.

just bought my first wifi 7 card for my vivobook

so far its getting the upgrades:

1tb sn850x over the standard 512gb

24gb ddr4 vs 8gb stock

be200 wifi 7 over the stock 201ax wifi 6 card

total cost:

laptop gain in net worth lol 0

people wont buy it for more with upgrades but hey still nice to upgrade.

i am using the paste version honeywell. wich indded is way better than mx4 paste. i think i got 5-6 lower

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

nice thats good, I wonder how the paste compares to the pads?

Waiting on my ram and wifi card. hopefully I can connect to the 6ghz band. no luck with a ax210 and mt7922

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

got my ram and wifi card, had to reseat ram but now its good, 24gb of ram now 16gb in dual channel. the be200 wifi card is amazing, super fast 5800mbs and shows the 6ghz band by default, I'm pretty sure its the fastest wifi card money can buy, but it is pricey at 60cad vs the typical 6e card around 20-20cad(<---someones editing my posts and changing the details) 20-30 bucks is what I typed

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled