NotebookTalk

Intel 13th and 14th degredation issues

nforce4max

more bad news for intel. i hope they regain the crown of best processors. 

anyways i would choose intel than amd.

• Thanks 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

Holy crap, steve likes to talk.  I can't watch his videos. just rambling on without punctuation or cadence.  blah blah blah.  He needs to up his delivery game.  Slow down, take a breath and relax a bit.  The bigger story is how intel cleaned house and laid off 15,000 people to "save money".  That's what pisses me off, not a design flaw in a chip that will be RMA'ed if you have a failure. Those 15,000 people will not be RMA'ed and their livelihoods saved. 

• Thumb Up 1

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

7 hours ago, kojack said:

Holy crap, steve likes to talk.  I can't watch his videos. just rambling on without punctuation or cadence.  blah blah blah.  He needs to up his delivery game.  Slow down, take a breath and relax a bit.  The bigger story is how intel cleaned house and laid off 15,000 people to "save money".  That's what pisses me off, not a design flaw in a chip that will be RMA'ed if you have a failure. Those 15,000 people will not be RMA'ed and their livelihoods saved. 

One thing that will never change is that some personalities mainly sociopaths and psychopaths have zero empathy nor concern for the well being of others hence the massive layoffs as if were nothing. They only care about money and status nothing else.

• Thumb Up 2

15 hours ago, kojack said:

if he talked that fast video would be over an hour long. maybe he could it make a  part video.

mores law says layoff is because or how much money the company brings in and how many employees he mentioned amd has less employes and more income.

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

• Thumb Up 2

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

I am not a fan of intel's business practices right now, but I love how everyone piles on if they have the slightest issue with a chip, meanwhile, looking back through the threads, NOBODY piled on AMD for having burning chips last year with their 7000 series.  Why is that I wonder?

AMD Ryzen 7000 Overheating Issues: Culprit Found in EXPO & SoC Voltages (update) (guru3d.com)

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

I present the following without comment.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 1

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3080 | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Gigabyte Aorus 16X: Core i7-14650HX | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 | 1 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

On 8/12/2024 at 3:11 AM, kojack said:

I am not a fan of intel's business practices right now, but I love how everyone piles on if they have the slightest issue with a chip, meanwhile, looking back through the threads, NOBODY piled on AMD for having burning chips last year with their 7000 series.  Why is that I wonder?

AMD Ryzen 7000 Overheating Issues: Culprit Found in EXPO & SoC Voltages (update) (guru3d.com)

was the number high as intel.s.? are some you tubers and websites sponsored.? maybe harcore fans to the brand.?

• Thumb Up 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

On 8/12/2024 at 3:11 AM, kojack said:

20 hours ago, raptorddd said:

was the number high as intel.s.? are some you tubers and websites sponsored.? maybe harcore fans to the brand.?

The reasons is fanbois (which does not include everyone) never speak badly about their brand cult. Their love of inanimate objects is unconditional, but they sure don't have any problem joining the posse on a mission to smear their favored brand's competitors or those that dare prefer something different than them. I never noticed anyone that preferred Intel trolling AMD forums, ridiculing the AMD brand and those that prefer it, demonstrating glee or rejoicing over AMD's failures. 

According to at least one highly respected system builder (Puget) the current rate of CPU failure on Intel systems, while higher than normal for Intel, is still about half that of the AMD CPUs in the systems they build. While that has been publicly announced, it is not convenient for the social media influencer muppets to report that because it undermines their agenda.

Large companies seldom consider the impact on employees when they cut staff to save money. It is unfortunate and wrong, but it's not something out of the ordinary or a rare sin Intel is committing. This happens frequently, but seldom gets talked about unless there is already some kind of media buzz going on and it provides additional sauce for their juicy story. Big insurance companies are one of the more common offenders, like Progressive, Allstate and others. Employees are considered expendable to big companies that only care about profits and shareholder interests. In the service sector (like insurance) those let go first are often the smartest and most experienced because they are paid the most and it is cheaper to keep the noobs that don't know what they are doing. They go from being noobs to overworked and underpaid noobs with the company "doing more with less" to maximize profit.

• Thumb Up 4

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

it  seems to me that they all want is for intel to fail and go bankrupt. out of business

i have 0 knowledge. i do know about intel pentium 2 and 4 i knew they were good thats all. but i now see that amd has surpassed intel.

and now lately it seems that they have struggled. i asked myself why is intel behind. i did found a video or a website with information why.

am not sure if its correct but what i understood was that intel has stayed on an older lithography while tsmc was newer lithography.

just as of now intel will go high NA EUV while it seems tsmc will not jump to this new lithography. not sure if they are acquiring that technology or not.

i watch mores law is dead and it seems they enjoy intel' s facing problems. even though he just say he wants intel to do good as competition is good for consumers.

this guy also talks bad about intel i kind of hate this guy stacy rasgon.

well am a fanboy i rather have a hotter and slower cpu than an amd.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

dell precision m4600

i7 2760QM

8GB ram

MX500 crucial SSD 500GB.

win 10 21H2

7 hours ago, raptorddd said:

it  seems to me that they all want is for intel to fail and go bankrupt. out of business

Yes, and that is an extremely stupid and misinformed approach for those fanbois to be taking. If that were to happen, AMD would lower the bar for itself because it would no longer need to compete. It would ruin things for all consumers.

Although, I do not agree that AMD has surpassed Intel. I still view their products as inferior. There will be times when one brand leapfrogs another in terms of winning benchmarks. As long as Intel is not permanently damaged by the media smear campaign they will not stand for second place. Winning means too much to them. The notion of AMD beating them at something seems to not set well with them as a company. That is one reason I prefer them. It is also one reason why Intel's lower quality silicon samples are committing hara kiri. They're pushing things harder to win. In contrast, AMD seems to be equally content participating in a race as they are with winning a race. We already see examples of them not feeling compelled to push themselves harder. Imagine if they no longer needed to compete. Prices would be higher and quality/performance would be lower.

At the end of the day they are both giant companies that will do shady things to one other, to their employees, and to the people that buy their products. Profits matter more than people.

• Thumb Up 1
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

5 hours ago, raptorddd said:

i have 0 knowledge. i do know about intel pentium 2 and 4 i knew they were good thats all. but i now see that amd has surpassed intel.

and now lately it seems that they have struggled. i asked myself why is intel behind. i did found a video or a website with information why.

am not sure if its correct but what i understood was that intel has stayed on an older lithography while tsmc was newer lithography.

just as of now intel will go high NA EUV while it seems tsmc will not jump to this new lithography. not sure if they are acquiring that technology or not.

i watch mores law is dead and it seems they enjoy intel' s facing problems. even though he just say he wants intel to do good as competition is good for consumers.

this guy also talks bad about intel i kind of hate this guy stacy rasgon.

well am a fanboy i rather have a hotter and slower cpu than an amd.

Intel's 14th gen chips are much faster than AMDs for creative work, by a large margin too. The 14th gen i9 is faster than that threadrippers for video and photo work. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Thanks 1

@Mr. Fox AMD's Skylake moment. Intels's 14nm ++++ all over again. Is that what we call a progress bro @jaybee83? Newer has to be better @ryan Or only newer? AMD is now the brand in front that milking their customers. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Sad 1

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Papusan said:

@Mr. Fox AMD's Skylake moment. Intels's 14nm ++++ all over again. Is that what we call a progress bro @jaybee83? Newer has to be better @ryan Or only newer? AMD is now the brand in front that milking their customers. 

Well, there is a difference. Every new Skylake CPU was better and faster than the one it replaced. Intel was stuck in a rut but still managed to raise the bar with each '+' that got added. I liked them all. Those that complained were mostly AMD fanboys grappling for a reason to cast stones at the brand that was doing better. I do not remember anyone that preferred Intel losing any sleep over it. I know I didn't.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, nforce4max said:

Not sure what is going on at AMD but Ryzen 5 has more or less flopped and there are ridiculous performance issues vs prior generations.

I guess ole Steve the AMD fanboy is eating a bit of crow here now.  At least 80 percent of his videos crap on intel, however, time and time again intel is faster. I am not an intel fanboy, but I like using the fastest processors for my work. 

• Thumb Up 4

30 minutes ago, nforce4max said:

bah ha ha ha. AMD,  56% better in blender.  NOPE. Not a chance!  They are saying these new chips destroy the threadrippers?  ha ha. sure.  Threadripper for multicore processes are beasts, however, in most software packages the i9 14900k is more performant than the 64core TR7980x.  No way this failure of a processor is better than the TR series. 

• Thumb Up 4

12 hours ago, Papusan said:

welp, as mentioned in the other thread, with crappy firmware/microcode/core parking any cpu would be crippled, no surprise there. otherwise, why would linux show such perf gains for zen 5, even in games? same for some reviewers i.e. toms hardware (not talking about avx512 apps but also gaming. 1% at HUB vs. 8% is a huge margin of error!).

AMD couldve just waited another month to sort stuff out before release. i mean, with intel cpus basically all breaking down, what have they got to lose? this is a total mess left and right...

• Thumb Up 3

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (custom TG IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!