NotebookTalk

Intel 13th and 14th degredation issues

nforce4max

30 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

with intel cpus basically all breaking down

That is patently false. Some might be, but a small percentage and far from "all" (contrary to what the AMD YouTube shills want everyone to believe).

30 minutes ago, jaybee83 said:

why would linux show such perf gains for zen 5, even in games?

That's easy. Linux is a better OS than Windows 11 no matter what CPU you are using.

Windows 11 has been a defective product from launch day and will never be a good operating system.

10:25 - I guess is what I'm trying to say and it's really important to note that all the information this video changes nothing about the reviews. The gaming performance relative to Zen4 doesn't really change as we just saw. Relative to Intel processors this may improve Ryzen's position but that is also just an assumption... my fear was that someone would run with the story and in the process create mass hysteria online with claims that Windows 11 is to blame for Zen5's weak gaming performancee when in reality that does not appear to be the case for now... Zen5's gaming performance remains highly disappointing.

Windows 11 truly does suck, but that may not be a legitimate crutch. It sucks for all CPUs, not just Ryzen 5.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

That is patently false. Some might be, but a small percentage and far from "all" (contrary to what the AMD YouTube shills want everyone to believe).

That's easy. Linux is a better OS than Windows 11 no matter what CPU you are using.

Windows 11 has been a defective product from launch day and will never be a good operating system.

Windows 11 truly does suck, but that may not be a legitimate crutch. It sucks for all CPUs, not just Ryzen 5.

hm, i wouldnt call a 50+% failure rate quoted by big Intel cpu customers "patently false". sure, "some" intel cpus at 65W or higher "may" never be affected, but at this point in time that can rather be considered the exception, not the rule. has nothing to do with Intel or AMD fanboyism...

As for that HUB windows bug, thats not what i was referring to with regards to Zen 5. Sure, if it was ONLY the difference between Linux and W11, I would agree with you. But the benchmark data between reviewers are all over the place, and that includes games, not just applications in terms of AVX512 dependent or not (as @Papusan was trying to point out).

I am not trying to "will" Zen 5 to be better. But at the same time you can't just wave the Intel flag and call it a day. Take Alder Lake with its first iteration of the baby cores: Windows scheduler initially had big issues properly addressing the P and E cores, correct? Those issues have since been addressed, and I think we can all agree that Alder Lake was a pretty good gen for Intel. If we had just looked at the very first reviews and said: Meh, performance crap, Alder Lake sucks, would that have helped any?

Same principle applies here. With data all over the place, something must be amiss. In both cases, this has nothing to do with red team vs. blue team, it has everything to do with following the data and making proper sense of it.

• Thumb Up 6

Mine: Hyperion "Titan God of Heat, Heavenly Light, Power" (2022-24)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X (TG High Perf. IHS) / Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme / MSI Geforce RTX 4090 Suprim X / Teamgroup T-Force Delta RGB DDR5-8200 2x24 GB / Seagate Firecuda 530 4 TB / 5x Samsung 860 Evo 4 TB / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420 (Push/Pull 6x Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-3000 intake) / Seasonic TX-1600 W Titanium / Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 TG (3x Arctic P12 A-RGB intake / 4x Arctic P14 A-RGB exhaust / 1x Arctic P14 A-RGB RAM cooling) / Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 32" 4K 240 Hz / Ducky One 3 Daybreak Fullsize Cherry MX Brown / Corsair M65 Ultra RGB / PDP Afterglow Wave Black

My Lady's: Clevo NH55JNNQ "Alfred" (2022-24)
Sharp LQ156M1JW03 FHD matte 15.6" IGZO 8 bit @248 Hz / Intel Core i5 12600 / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti / Mushkin Redline DDR4-3200 2x32 GB / Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB / Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB / Intel AX201 WIFI 6+BT 5.2 / Win 11 Pro Phoenix Lite OS / 230 W PSU powered by Prema Mod!

For people who say they aren't fanboys, they sure act like it.

• Thumb Up 3
  • Haha 3

Desktop: Ryzen 5 5600X3D | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 Super | 4 TB SSD | Windows 11

Gigabyte Aorus 16X: Core i7-14650HX | 32 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 4070 | 1 TB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming: Ryzen 7 6800H | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 3050 | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro: Ryzen 5 5600U | 16 GB RAM | Radeon Graphics | 512 GB SSD | Windows 11

2 hours ago, saturnotaku said:

I just know what I don't want and know what I won't settle for as an alternative. Pretty cut and dry. Remember, it was not long ago that I gave it a spin with 5950X and then with 6900 XT and both were disappointing to me. Had I pretended that I was happy and been willing to settle then that would have made me a fanboy for sure. I don't care about brand. I care about getting what I want. I'd kick Intel to the curb in a heartbeat if AMD actually offered something that looked enticing to me on the surface and delivered on my expectations. I'm not ready to roll the dice again. Maybe someday, but the wounds are too fresh to even consider it. I've given them multiple opportunities to give me something that makes me happy over the past ~15 years, wasted some of my hard-earned money in the process, and it hasn't worked out for them. I'd say that is pretty open-minded, but I am not going to lower my standards as an accommodation.

• Thumb Up 4
  • Bump 1

Wraith // Z790 Apex | 14900KF | 4090 Suprim X+Byksi Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | Toughpower GF3 1650W | MO-RA3 360 | Hailea HC-500A || O11D XL EVO

Banshee // Z790 Apex Encore | 13900KS | 4090 Gaming OC+Alphacool Block | 48GB DDR5-8600 | RM1200x SHIFT | XT45 1080 Nova || Dark Base Pro 901

Spectre // Z790i Edge | 14900KF | 3090 Ti FTW3 | 48GB DDR5-8200 | RM1000e | EK Nucleus CR360 Direct Die || Prime A21

Methuselah // X79 Rampage IV Gene | Xeon E5 1680V2 | 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR3-2400 | GameMax 850W | EK Nucleus CR360 Dark || Prime AP201

Half-Breed // Dell Precision 7720 | BGA CPU Filth+MXM Quadro P5000 | 4K Display | Sub-$500 Grade A Refurb | Nothing to Write Home About

Mr. Fox YouTube Channel | Mr. Fox @ HWBOT

The average response time for a 911 call is 10 minutes. The response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Fox said:

I just know what I don't want and know what I won't settle for as an alternative. Pretty cut and dry. Remember, it was not long ago that I gave it a spin with 5950X and then with 6900 XT and both were disappointing to me. Had I pretended that I was happy and been willing to settle then that would have made me a fanboy for sure. I don't care about brand. I care about getting what I want. I'd kick Intel to the curb in a heartbeat if AMD actually offered something that looked enticing to me on the surface and delivered on my expectations. I'm not ready to roll the dice again. Maybe someday, but the wounds are too fresh to even consider it. I've given them multiple opportunities to give me something that makes me happy over the past ~15 years, wasted some of my hard-earned money in the process, and it hasn't worked out for them. I'd say that is pretty open-minded, but I am not going to lower my standards as an accommodation.

Agreed 100 percent. I  would go ARM before what AMD is offering. Arm desktop systems from Ampere are insane.  SUPER FAST.  I am just waiting for them to hit the mainstream.  1 or 2 years. 

• Thumb Up 3

Workstation - Dell XPS 8940 - desktop creative powerhouse

Mobile Workstation - Dell inspiron 5406 2 in 1 - mobile creative beast

Wifey's Notebook - Dell inspiron 3169 - Little gem for our businesses

On 8/15/2024 at 2:26 PM, saturnotaku said:

Truth especially when they're making excuses for Intel's bad business decisions and accusing people of being AMD shills. This is a serious problem and the failure rate is too high to ignore. Intel pulled a Boeing, laying people off like crazy (More layoffs coming by the end of the year) and making bad cutbacks and screwing over the consumer and could have life threatening consequences in some cases. Intel screwed themselves here and it makes it hard for me to buy a PC with a Intel CPU unless its 12 Gen and below, I dont know the laptop 13th and 14th Gen versions are affected. Im not saying that people should switch to AMD and hell they could be doing similar things too and most likely it'll be called by the same people in the tech space but at the end of the day the consumer are the ones who getting screwed over by big companies especially with the bad economy going on around the world.

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

On 8/13/2024 at 7:05 PM, Mr. Fox said:

Large companies seldom consider the impact on employees when they cut staff to save money. It is unfortunate and wrong, but it's not something out of the ordinary or a rare sin Intel is committing. This happens frequently, but seldom gets talked about unless there is already some kind of media buzz going on and it provides additional sauce for their juicy story. Big insurance companies are one of the more common offenders, like Progressive, Allstate and others. Employees are considered expendable to big companies that only care about profits and shareholder interests. In the service sector (like insurance) those let go first are often the smartest and most experienced because they are paid the most and it is cheaper to keep the noobs that don't know what they are doing. They go from being noobs to overworked and underpaid noobs with the company "doing more with less" to maximize profit.

I wouldn't shed too many tears for tech workers in Silicon Valley.  I've lived in the Bay Area for 40 years now, and these tech workers will find new jobs, probably with more pay, within a few weeks.  That's one great advantage of living in a place like this - plenty of competition among employers.  I've had numerous friends who got laid off during the various 'tech layoffs', only to find a better, higher paying job very quickly.   Also, people forget the flip-side; these companies go on big recruiting binges (the easier it is to fire, the more likely they are to hire without restraint). The Semiconductor industry is on a roll right now, with companies like NVidea unable to meet demands for AI-related GPUs. 

The people who need our sympathy are people in minimum-wage jobs, people working basic jobs to put food on the table, or provide medical insurance. Employers like McDonalds and Walmart will keep the workers' hours under the limits where they have to provide insurance benefits, and/or fire them when they get close to eligibility for such benefits - those are the scumbags. 

• Thumb Up 4
  • Like 3

On 8/20/2024 at 9:51 PM, Steerpike said:

I wouldn't shed too many tears for tech workers in Silicon Valley.  I've lived in the Bay Area for 40 years now, and these tech workers will find new jobs, probably with more pay, within a few weeks.  That's one great advantage of living in a place like this - plenty of competition among employers.  I've had numerous friends who got laid off during the various 'tech layoffs', only to find a better, higher paying job very quickly.   Also, people forget the flip-side; these companies go on big recruiting binges (the easier it is to fire, the more likely they are to hire without restraint). The Semiconductor industry is on a roll right now, with companies like NVidea unable to meet demands for AI-related GPUs. 

The people who need our sympathy are people in minimum-wage jobs, people working basic jobs to put food on the table, or provide medical insurance. Employers like McDonalds and Walmart will keep the workers' hours under the limits where they have to provide insurance benefits, and/or fire them when they get close to eligibility for such benefits - those are the scumbags. 

100 percent.  This happened to a family friend working at Walmart here.  She had been there for years, worked her way up to getting those benefits, and boom.  Fired her.  Next week, an ad looking for workers.  They should be held accountable.  My part time workplace is the opposite, I get full benefits, retirement plans, paid time off, flexibility and I work 18-20 hours a week there. I make quite a bit more than someone working at walmart, CDN tire, and other jobs as well. I worked 40 plus hours a week at a hardware store. They hired me for inside the store service, but go on deliveries as needed.  They fired a warehouse worker so I was doing two jobs all day at that point, getting paid for 1/2 a job. 

Now, I make 3 times as much, 1/2 the hours at work and the heaviest thing I lift is an ipad. 

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

I thought it was ALL Microsoft's fault.  Now, they promise to fix SOME of the issues after the next update. Seems to me AMD is the issue and using windows as the excuse.  Seems they pull the ole "over promise/under deliver" routine.  I love how they try to lay blame on intel.  Nice marketing team there AMD.  ha ha ha. 

AMD sheds light on why Ryzen 9000 chips disappointed some reviewers | Windows Central

• Thumb Up 3
  • Like 1

Come on Ampere. Get those chips and boards out to us quickly.  I am dying to get my hands on one.  I am 99 percent sure I am going to be getting the 15 inch surface laptop with 64gb of ram early next year. They should have all the software kinks worked out by then.  Then MS needs to let Apere's cores rip in windows. right now there is a core limit in ARM based windows.  Once that is fixed I will replace my current workstation with one of those beasts. 

• Thumb Up 1

On 8/20/2024 at 7:21 PM, Steerpike said:

The vast majority of employers view blue collar workers as being completely disposable on top of keeping the wages low which makes living almost impossible for so many out there.

• Thumb Up 4

8 hours ago, nforce4max said:

The vast majority of employers view blue collar workers as being completely disposable on top of keeping the wages low which makes living almost impossible for so many out there.

Yeah thats most jobs today especially with inflation and a bad economy going on. People are getting laid off and replaced by younger and cheaper workers. Companies are doing cutbacks and relying on AI, Self pay kiosks and etc for low-end jobs. 

12 hours ago, kojack said:

I thought it was ALL Microsoft's fault.  Now, they promise to fix SOME of the issues after the next update. Seems to me AMD is the issue and using windows as the excuse.  Seems they pull the ole "over promise/under deliver" routine.  I love how they try to lay blame on intel.  Nice marketing team there AMD.  ha ha ha. 

AMD sheds light on why Ryzen 9000 chips disappointed some reviewers | Windows Central

Mostly it is because Windows 11 is trash, even Linux has better gaming performance but AMD is making weak excuses. Intel is already taking a L but AMD decides follow in Intel's footsteps lol..

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Current Laptop:

Lenovo Legion 5: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.8Ghz (Boost: 4.2Ghz), 6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660Ti GDDR6 Memory, 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz IPS display, 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, 1 TB Teamgroup MP34 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD, Windows 10 Home 22H2

11 hours ago, KING19 said:

Yeah thats most jobs today especially with inflation and a bad economy going on. People are getting laid off and replaced by younger and cheaper workers. Companies are doing cutbacks and relying on AI, Self pay kiosks and etc for low-end jobs. 

Mostly it is because Windows 11 is trash, even Linux has better gaming performance but AMD is making weak excuses. Intel is already taking a L but AMD decides follow in Intel's footsteps lol..

Again, it's not windows fault or intel, ARM etc would all be slow as poop.  But they are not. That's what I am getting at. I find window 11 fine, it's fast, I like the fact that the start menu is in the center, I have 2 apps installed on my system.  One is to make the taskbar transparent, and the other is to modify the start menu to be 80 percent translucent and get rid of the dumb "recommended" section.  Other than that, I have no issues with it at all.  Works for me.  

• Thumb Up 2

8 hours ago, kojack said:

Again, it's not windows fault or intel, ARM etc would all be slow as poop.  But they are not. That's what I am getting at. I find window 11 fine, it's fast, I like the fact that the start menu is in the center, I have 2 apps installed on my system.  One is to make the taskbar transparent, and the other is to modify the start menu to be 80 percent translucent and get rid of the dumb "recommended" section.  Other than that, I have no issues with it at all.  Works for me.  

Same for me; I didn't go out and choose to buy W11 (and I would have been happy if W10 had been installed also), but it came pre-installed on the laptop I bought and I decided to stick with it.  It has been, by far, the most stable OS I've ever had. I don't think I've seen a BSOD in 3 years, and I never, ever have to reboot - I just let it go to sleep. It does its job and I never think about it (until I check this forum, where the only activity now seems to be W11 bashing).  I don't notice any ads being shoved in my face (the 'start' menu remains pretty benign). Basically, 'it just works' and seems no different from W10 before it (as a daily user). 

• Thumb Up 2

3 hours ago, Steerpike said:

Same for me; I didn't go out and choose to buy W11 (and I would have been happy if W10 had been installed also), but it came pre-installed on the laptop I bought and I decided to stick with it.  It has been, by far, the most stable OS I've ever had. I don't think I've seen a BSOD in 3 years, and I never, ever have to reboot - I just let it go to sleep. It does its job and I never think about it (until I check this forum, where the only activity now seems to be W11 bashing).  I don't notice any ads being shoved in my face (the 'start' menu remains pretty benign). Basically, 'it just works' and seems no different from W10 before it (as a daily user). 

It is actually more stable than w10 ever was. But Shhhhhhhhhhh!

• Thumb Up 1

On 8/25/2024 at 3:55 PM, KING19 said:

Be around long enough and you'll see it all when it comes to age discrimination besides just screwing over older workers. On the other end younger workers get peanuts with the expectation of being the life blood of the economy only for those running show have that surprised pikachu face that the birth rate collapses like it did in South Korea and have the workforce work six days a week just to keep the government afloat. The whole system is broken and unsustainable.

• Thumb Up 2

On 8/31/2024 at 10:33 PM, raptorddd said:

should pat get kicked out of intel.?

If he continue like this... Yes.

bad-2.jpg

• Thumb Up 3

"The Killer"  ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | 14900KS | 4090 HOF + 20 other graphics cards | 32GB DDR5 | Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500 Watt | Second PSU - Cooler Master V750 SFX Gold 750W (For total of 2250W Power) | Corsair Obsidian 1000D | Custom Cooling | Asus ROG Strix XG27AQ 27" Monitors |

Papusan @ HWBOTTeam PremaMod @ HWBOT | Papusan @ YouTube Channel

7 hours ago, raptorddd said:

should pat get kicked out of intel.?

CEO culture is basically what destroyed SEARS/Kmart and is the same rot destroying all these companies right now which goes a long ways to ruining the lives of workers by far.

• Thumb Up 2

On 8/26/2024 at 1:49 PM, Steerpike said:

This isnt the only forum that bashes Windows 11, many other places including social media bashes too because it sucks, Too much useless bloatware, spyware and other crap that noone asked for and there no improvements with Windows 11 over 10 at all. When Windows 10 still dominates in the OS marketplace after almost 3 years since its release its a problem, part of the problem when Microsoft dont allow older PCs without TPM 2.0 to upgrade to it but you can bypass it for now if you create a bootable Win11 USB drive with rufus. Unfortunately i will be forced to use Windows 11 if i buy a new PC but will do my best to remove the bloatware and spyware with programs like O&O ShutUp10++ and others to make it more tolerable to use.

On 9/6/2024 at 7:22 AM, nforce4max said:

Well with Intel having problems and AMD 9000 CPUs series are not selling well because of their high prices and software problems we're in the bad times of the PC world!. 

• Thumb Up 2
  • Like 1

Current Laptop: