NotebookTalk

Can I get an MXM card newer than GTX1070? if so where?

cdoublejj

Can I get an MXM card newer than GTX1070? if so where? M17x R4. Used to be you could hit up Woodzstacz before Mondocorp burned the forums to the ground. EDIT: currently a Woodzstack GTX980. would a 4060 be faster if a 1070 is almost twice as fast as a 980?

SO the 4060 vbios is a nogo right now and intel arc is an option?

https://iot.asus.com/gpu-edge-ai-accelerators/google-tpu/filter?Series=MXM-GPU-Module

https://www.adlinktech.com/Products/Embedded_Graphics/Graphics_Solutions/MXM-AXe

RTX non gaming cards?

https://www.pcpsol.com/en/products.php?cid=92

i assume these are all of the options?

Right now the rtx3000-rtx5000 on the Turing architecture, analogous to the mobile 2060-2080, is guaranteed to work. Newer quadro rtx cards require certain features that are not in the bios of older machines such as m17x r4 | r5 or m18x r2. Perhaps in the future there will be video bios available for them to work properly.
The situation with Chinese cards of three thousand and four thousand series is also still unclear, so at the moment it's a lottery.
Cards from Intel require the same features as the new quadro rtx cards and probably won't work either, but it's not known for sure, no one has tried it yet

One can add Above 4g decoding and rebar suport to any UEFI bios. Some DXE drivers needs to be added to the bios and maybe patch the DSDT.

Desktop - MSI X670E Tomahawk Wifi (cheap Ebay mobo that I fixed) | AMD 7800X3D | 32 GB Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000Mhz | MSI RTX 4070TI Suprim X  | Alienware 27 AW2724DM 2K 165 Hz Gsync | Samsung 990 Pro Nvme - Boot | Other various storage | Windows 10 Pro x64

SOLD - Clevo P870DM-G | i9-9700K 4.5 Ghz on all cores (-50 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

4 hours ago, runix18 said:

One can add Above 4g decoding and rebar suport to any UEFI bios. Some DXE drivers needs to be added to the bios and maybe patch the DSDT.

Unfortunately not any. If 4g decoding was not originally supported in the bios, it cannot be added, at least at the moment.
Rebar will not work if there is no 4g decoding function in the bios, although you can add it with a third-party UEFI driver.

44 minutes ago, panda_zzz said:

Unfortunately not any. If 4g decoding was not originally supported in the bios, it cannot be added, at least at the moment.
Rebar will not work if there is no 4g decoding function in the bios, although you can add it with a third-party UEFI driver.

From what I know, H77 chipset board has the module, at least for AMI bioses. Idunno for Insyde.

Desktop - MSI X670E Tomahawk Wifi (cheap Ebay mobo that I fixed) | AMD 7800X3D | 32 GB Trident Z5 Neo RGB 6000Mhz | MSI RTX 4070TI Suprim X  | Alienware 27 AW2724DM 2K 165 Hz Gsync | Samsung 990 Pro Nvme - Boot | Other various storage | Windows 10 Pro x64

SOLD - Clevo P870DM-G | i9-9700K 4.5 Ghz on all cores (-50 mv undervolted) | 32GB Hyper X Black 2666MHz | Clevo RTX 2080 3.1b undervolted for better temp 1905Mhz @881 mv | AUO B173HAN03.1 144hz Gsync | Samsung 980 NVME | Dsanke TM BIOS - Chujoi13 adapted based on needs | Network Card: Intel AX210-AX | Windows 10 Pro x64

there was an unlocked bios for the R4 at some point, or so i thought. guess i need to poke around my bios and see what i have.

well it's nice to know it's matter of naming scheme, so the rtx 3k and 4k aren't' quadros. ARC is too unpredictable atm and haven't seen an AMD MXM in a loong while.

i'm bad about bios mods, i can sort of follow the guides until they ask you to look for a hex value or address at which point my brain.exe stops responding. You guys think it might be possible to PAY someone to mod my bios?

am i going to need windows or can i get by with bootable USB to flash my bios? perhaps i am putting the cart before the horse.

52 minutes ago, cdoublejj said:

there was an unlocked bios for the R4 at some point, or so i thought. guess i need to poke around my bios and see what i have.

well it's nice to know it's matter of naming scheme, so the rtx 3k and 4k aren't' quadros. ARC is too unpredictable atm and haven't seen an AMD MXM in a loong while.

i'm bad about bios mods, i can sort of follow the guides until they ask you to look for a hex value or address at which point my brain.exe stops responding. You guys think it might be possible to PAY someone to mod my bios?

am i going to need windows or can i get by with bootable USB to flash my bios? perhaps i am putting the cart before the horse.

you have PM

4 hours ago, runix18 said:

From what I know, H77 chipset board has the module, at least for AMI bioses. Idunno for Insyde.

Aptio Ami bios for 2013 Alienware 14 (Intel HM87) has support for 4g decoding, earlier platforms are made on Insyde bios and there is no this feature. At least the latest versions of m17x r4/r5 and m18x r2/viking don't have this feature - I searched in the bios dumps