Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Recommended Posts

Posted

So, I bought a cheap XMG U716 with I7-6700 and Clevo GTX 980 180w GPU. What is possible in this Device? And with or without DSanke Mod-BIOS?

Schenker DTR 15(P751TM1) @Dsanke Bios, I7-8700, 32GB 2666MHz RAM, GTX 1060, 15,6“ 4K B156ZAN02.2 Display

Posted
12 minutes ago, razor0601 said:

So, I bought a cheap XMG U716 with I7-6700 and Clevo GTX 980 180w GPU. What is possible in this Device? And with or without DSanke Mod-BIOS?

Upgrading to the RTX 4070 MXM or 4080 MXM.

I sell one.

 

Upgrading the heatsink, upgrading the fans to the strongest ones.

 

Upgrading to an i7 8700K with the Dsanke BIOS mod + you need to cover some of your LGA pads to make this upgrade successful.

 

Upgrading to 64GB DDR4 RAM.

 

Upgrading the screen to a 4K 120Hz with the correct 40 pins eDP cable

Posted

Ok, which one is the correct Bios? For the P775dm there are two. Old Graphics or standard. 
And how do the 40xx get working?

Schenker DTR 15(P751TM1) @Dsanke Bios, I7-8700, 32GB 2666MHz RAM, GTX 1060, 15,6“ 4K B156ZAN02.2 Display

Posted
1 hour ago, razor0601 said:

Ok, which one is the correct Bios? For the P775dm there are two. Old Graphics or standard. 
And how do the 40xx get working?

With any BIOS the RTX 40XX work as long as your BIOS is in UEFI, your screen is eDP and the DP_D port of your MXM is DP/eDP.

 

A must: I used my backlight mod v2 to power on the display and to modify the brightness. I also contacted someone for a custom heatsink.

 

I have a RTX 4070 with the backlight mod already installed onto it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use