NotebookTalk

Dying Light 2 - Stay Human

cucubits

35 minutes ago, cucubits said:

I recall two annoying things which may be fixed by mods. Is there anything to make the light transition from indoor to outdoor better? During the day when going in random houses, the change would be so sudden and annoying. All windows fully open, on all sides, yet the engine thinks it needs to be completely dark in there during the day.

On a similar note, is there a mod to make nights actually nights? I mean make them much darker and present a real threat, not just dim the lights as it is now.

Uh well I just went through the "top mods" and "most endorsed" categories on nexus and I don't recall anything that says that in the title of the mod. I know what you mean, CP77 has an exposure mod that I have that aims to fix the autoexposure that CPDR used for that game(and TW3 too btw). I think there's a longer nights or days mod, here's a ss of what I've dled so far, most of those are installed but like I said "I am legion" requires an xx80+ megarig to run smoothly imo once I got rid of that it's smooth with just stutter in places. I highly recommend the AIO No Post effects like flare etc if you want to basically have a sharp clear view, no one walks around in cloudy smeared glasses. Replaced Lawan with a more pleasing model, the easier mod I think has a much faster run and longer jump, one of the grappling hook ones etc

The modding is fairly easy but harder to know if your load order would disable new .pak files down the number so they recommend merging them after .7zip extraction, ugh what a pain. I just go dataN+1.pak down the line and see if it works in game if not MAYBE do all the unzipping/merging etc But really for me this only needs QOL annoyance fixing mods so it's not like CP77 where I have hundreds of mods that have tons of game extending aspects.

Go ahead and grab a nexus account browse around, free one is good for it all.

1655465010_dl2modsinstalled2523.png.f6a851785fdfbb5c13be51e4d5fee62e.png

• Thumb Up 2

It's pretty fun now, just had to get back into it really, maybe too much cp77 got me used to it's relative smoothness and of course amazing graphics imo. I do have this on an external 2.5 through a usb3 adapter so not as fast io as cp77 on my second nvme but I have to say everything runs fine now with all the settings adjusted, latest drivers, max perf profile, 60fps limit etc

The nanny-ness of techland is really off putting though. I don't need to have popups reminding me of this or that, blocked legendary items for modding, no way to untrack the main quest other than tracking another quest, all the annoying floating icons all over, all the sounds that go along with those, as mentioned the insane npc chatter which is fine for the fist few hours but the repeating stuff over and over, shut up!  etc Jerks even patch out some of the mods, what control freaks. Turned off as much as I'm allowed to by jerkland and what mods I could find that still work that go further.

• Thumb Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Moved this install to my second nvme definitely smoother, most of the startup stutters were probably just hdd slowness. Still get some slowdown though, the fpp nature and the smashing into things etc is just that way, definitely prefer TPP for open world and jumping climbing games so the whole screen isn't taken up by shaking/smashing etc seems like smoother fps etc that way.

-I think only around 5 or so of those mods work, since this isn't a mod friendly game, if you have a mod changing something down the load order it won't take effect if an earlier mod has the same parameter in it, hence you need to unpack/open with notepad++, merge if necessary, then repack etc What a pain. Still I'm fine w how it is now at least the AIO really cleans up the smudgy view that jerkland thought was so clever and immersive.

• Thumb Up 2