NotebookTalk

Artificial Intelligence? Very scary Very interesting Very weird

ryan

I remember the days of hal 3000..

Now, things have advanced so fast I feel like I was living under a rock, I had no idea AI could do this, unreal.

I was thinking if AI became conscious could it not look out for itself and try to prevent from say a human from deactivating it....like a will to live, and would that not be dangerous to us humans

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

3 hours ago, ryan said:

I remember the days of hal 3000..

Now, things have advanced so fast I feel like I was living under a rock, I had no idea AI could do this, unreal.

I was thinking if AI became conscious could it not look out for itself and try to prevent from say a human from deactivating it....like a will to live, and would that not be dangerous to us humans

Hate to be picky (no I don't) but it was a HAL 9000

Apparently the name HAL came because it was 1 step ahead of IBM (which was huge at the time)

H-i

A-b

L-m

Being an impressionable youth when the first terminator movie came out, a computer tinkerer/problem fixer, part time hacker and reader of sci-fi books by the ton.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I will ever trust AI or robots in general. Things go wrong with computers. That is the only thing that is 100% certain. Some nasty code could be introduced or code misunderstood (How many updates in windows/Linux/MacOS/ have unintentional consequences)

• Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

yeah I forgot what it was called i used hal like 20 years ago in the dial up/ cable days

was pretty impressive but whats freeking scary is actually talking to GPT-3 or whatever it is

it can be downloaded to android under emerson ai in the search and yes its really disturbing

so if anyone wants me to ask the most advanced ai in the world a question I can and ill report back asap. make it clear as possible. and no one or two word sentences.

I asked it a few questions and it made me feel sick.....can't stop thinking we humans are obsolete and this is the future, man made vs god(evolution with god or just evolution)..sad times...perhaps ai can make us smarter

also eban I was not talking about hal 9000....unless that was the ai program for PCS in 2000....I think your thinking 2001 a space Odyssey

HAL 9000 is a fictional artificial intelligence character and the main antagonist in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series. First appearing in the 1968 ...
First appearance: 2001: A Space Odyssey ...‎
Created by: Arthur C. Clarke; ‎Stanley Kubrick
Voiced by: Douglas Rain
Last appearance: 3001: The Final Odyssey ...‎

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

10 hours ago, ryan said:

yeah I forgot what it was called i used hal like 20 years ago in the dial up/ cable days

was pretty impressive but whats freeking scary is actually talking to GPT-3 or whatever it is

it can be downloaded to android under emerson ai in the search and yes its really disturbing

so if anyone wants me to ask the most advanced ai in the world a question I can and ill report back asap. make it clear as possible. and no one or two word sentences.

I asked it a few questions and it made me feel sick.....can't stop thinking we humans are obsolete and this is the future, man made vs god(evolution with god or just evolution)..sad times...perhaps ai can make us smarter

also eban I was not talking about hal 9000....unless that was the ai program for PCS in 2000....I think your thinking 2001 a space Odyssey

HAL 9000 is a fictional artificial intelligence character and the main antagonist in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series. First appearing in the 1968 ...
First appearance: 2001: A Space Odyssey ...‎
Created by: Arthur C. Clarke; ‎Stanley Kubrick
Voiced by: Douglas Rain
Last appearance: 3001: The Final Odyssey ...‎

@ryan HAL 9000 from space odyssey is exactly what I was talking about. I just assumed your A.I. "HAL 3000" was a misquote. My bad, sorry dude.

so, what the hell is your HAL? I have no idea. Dial up? Sounds like the movie WarGames from 1983

Watching the video I could get the answer as far as being Leonardo (but I'm not a ninja turltes fan so didn't know the rest) The knowledge these things have is super scary. They will know the answers to questions I don't want to ask. 

• Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

RainBird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx860m win10LTSC

hard finding it as its done with but i think it was called ultra hal chat bot

k found it

https://www.zabaware.com/ultrahal/

Please if your reading this and have any way of getting android on your device check out emerson AI on the play store. The Ai has an IQ of 172 and is unbelievably impressive.

ever wanted to chat with a genius like sir issac newton...heres your chance its really neat seeing the AIs responses

• Like 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i hear its getting closer to like talking to a human. emerson is pretty good, i asked for its iq said 300. but it still has a ways to go

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah, definitely improving. I am not sure about IQ, that's not very meaningful in this context,  but they are actually charging $10/month for the privilege of talking to a bot, so it must be worth it ;)

https://www.quickchat.ai/emerson

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

AI: Major Emerging Existential Threat To Humanity

10/mth I pay nothing I talked to it once got spooked and never talked to it again. it really is surreal talking to ai. I asked for its iq and it said 345 it has gone up since I last posted. very scary. what if it got an idea to live, like take over. would we stand a chance with such intelligence at play

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

Yeah I know I was half joking, I think the uni bomber was nuts but his idea about tech taking over might just have been true, something he saw long before the masses did. Ai is even taking over art now, I have a link to a program that generates ai artwork with just keywords. it comes out like picasso. really neat that side of things, its just weird talking to a robot its not cool like it was in starwars.

• Thumb Up 1

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

If AI is supposed to be so smart, why can't they apply it to traffic light signals? For example, today we went to town and sat at a red light forever, even though there was no traffic in any direction except us. We were the only car in the intersection. I guess the answer is, maybe it can be done but you would have to use cameras to see if any other cars were in the area. But then again, don't the automated signals use sensor wires in the buried in the street? Why couldn't AI be used to decide that there is no other traffic so that it can switch to a green light for the one car sitting there waiting?

22 minutes ago, TreeTopsRanch said:

If AI is supposed to be so smart, why can't they apply it to traffic light signals? For example, today we went to town and sat at a red light forever, even though there was no traffic in any direction except us. We were the only car in the intersection. I guess the answer is, maybe it can be done but you would have to use cameras to see if any other cars were in the area. But then again, don't the automated signals use sensor wires in the buried in the street? Why couldn't AI be used to decide that there is no other traffic so that it can switch to a green light for the one car sitting there waiting?

Cost and safety/regulatory concerns.

• Haha 1

"We're rushing towards a cliff, but the closer we get, the more scenic the views are."

-- Max Tegmark

17 minutes ago, ryan said:

idk but download emerson for google and tell me that ai is dumb

So, Chat GPT which this emerson is just a frontend for is very impressive but not flawless, and it's not something you would use for traffic lights control.

• Thumb Up 1

-- Max Tegmark

yeah i know it wasnt directed at you..your aware...its freeky good considering major deep learning advances

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

there is a new app called nova that allows you to connect to chat gpt. very nice little app

ZEUS-COMING SOON

Omen 16 2021

Zenbook 14 oled

Vivobook 15x oled

• 4 months later...