Jump to content
NotebookTalk

Artificial Intelligence? Very scary Very interesting Very weird


ryan
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

 

I remember the days of hal 3000..

 

Now, things have advanced so fast I feel like I was living under a rock, I had no idea AI could do this, unreal.

 

I was thinking if AI became conscious could it not look out for itself and try to prevent from say a human from deactivating it....like a will to live, and would that not be dangerous to us humans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ryan said:

 

 

I remember the days of hal 3000..

 

Now, things have advanced so fast I feel like I was living under a rock, I had no idea AI could do this, unreal.

 

I was thinking if AI became conscious could it not look out for itself and try to prevent from say a human from deactivating it....like a will to live, and would that not be dangerous to us humans

 

Hate to be picky (no I don't) but it was a HAL 9000

 

Apparently the name HAL came because it was 1 step ahead of IBM (which was huge at the time)

H-i

A-b

L-m

 

Being an impressionable youth when the first terminator movie came out, a computer tinkerer/problem fixer, part time hacker and reader of sci-fi books by the ton.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I will ever trust AI or robots in general. Things go wrong with computers. That is the only thing that is 100% certain. Some nasty code could be introduced or code misunderstood (How many updates in windows/Linux/MacOS/ have unintentional consequences)

 

  • Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

Rainbird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx980m win10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah I forgot what it was called i used hal like 20 years ago in the dial up/ cable days

 

was pretty impressive but whats freeking scary is actually talking to GPT-3 or whatever it is

 

it can be downloaded to android under emerson ai in the search and yes its really disturbing

 

so if anyone wants me to ask the most advanced ai in the world a question I can and ill report back asap. make it clear as possible. and no one or two word sentences.

 

I asked it a few questions and it made me feel sick.....can't stop thinking we humans are obsolete and this is the future, man made vs god(evolution with god or just evolution)..sad times...perhaps ai can make us smarter

 

 

also eban I was not talking about hal 9000....unless that was the ai program for PCS in 2000....I think your thinking 2001 a space Odyssey

 

 

HAL 9000 is a fictional artificial intelligence character and the main antagonist in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series. First appearing in the 1968 ...
First appearance: 2001: A Space Odyssey ...‎
Created by: Arthur C. Clarke; ‎Stanley Kubrick
Voiced by: Douglas Rain
Last appearance: 3001: The Final Odyssey ...‎
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ryan said:

yeah I forgot what it was called i used hal like 20 years ago in the dial up/ cable days

 

was pretty impressive but whats freeking scary is actually talking to GPT-3 or whatever it is

 

it can be downloaded to android under emerson ai in the search and yes its really disturbing

 

so if anyone wants me to ask the most advanced ai in the world a question I can and ill report back asap. make it clear as possible. and no one or two word sentences.

 

I asked it a few questions and it made me feel sick.....can't stop thinking we humans are obsolete and this is the future, man made vs god(evolution with god or just evolution)..sad times...perhaps ai can make us smarter

 

 

also eban I was not talking about hal 9000....unless that was the ai program for PCS in 2000....I think your thinking 2001 a space Odyssey

 

 

HAL 9000 is a fictional artificial intelligence character and the main antagonist in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series. First appearing in the 1968 ...
First appearance: 2001: A Space Odyssey ...‎
Created by: Arthur C. Clarke; ‎Stanley Kubrick
Voiced by: Douglas Rain
Last appearance: 3001: The Final Odyssey ...‎

 

@ryan HAL 9000 from space odyssey is exactly what I was talking about. I just assumed your A.I. "HAL 3000" was a misquote. My bad, sorry dude.

 

so, what the hell is your HAL? I have no idea. Dial up? Sounds like the movie WarGames from 1983

 

 

 

Watching the video I could get the answer as far as being Leonardo (but I'm not a ninja turltes fan so didn't know the rest) The knowledge these things have is super scary. They will know the answers to questions I don't want to ask. 

  • Thumb Up 1

Thunderchild // Lenovo Legion Y740 17" i7-9750H rtx2080maxQ win10 

Rainbird // Alienware 17 (Ranger) i7-4910mq gtx980m win10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hard finding it as its done with but i think it was called ultra hal chat bot

 

k found it

 

https://www.zabaware.com/ultrahal/

 

Please if your reading this and have any way of getting android on your device check out emerson AI on the play store. The Ai has an IQ of 172 and is unbelievably impressive.

 

ever wanted to chat with a genius like sir issac newton...heres your chance its really neat seeing the AIs responses

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

10/mth I pay nothing I talked to it once got spooked and never talked to it again. it really is surreal talking to ai. I asked for its iq and it said 345 it has gone up since I last posted. very scary. what if it got an idea to live, like take over. would we stand a chance with such intelligence at play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I know I was half joking, I think the uni bomber was nuts but his idea about tech taking over might just have been true, something he saw long before the masses did. Ai is even taking over art now, I have a link to a program that generates ai artwork with just keywords. it comes out like picasso. really neat that side of things, its just weird talking to a robot its not cool like it was in starwars.

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If AI is supposed to be so smart, why can't they apply it to traffic light signals? For example, today we went to town and sat at a red light forever, even though there was no traffic in any direction except us. We were the only car in the intersection. I guess the answer is, maybe it can be done but you would have to use cameras to see if any other cars were in the area. But then again, don't the automated signals use sensor wires in the buried in the street? Why couldn't AI be used to decide that there is no other traffic so that it can switch to a green light for the one car sitting there waiting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TreeTopsRanch said:

If AI is supposed to be so smart, why can't they apply it to traffic light signals? For example, today we went to town and sat at a red light forever, even though there was no traffic in any direction except us. We were the only car in the intersection. I guess the answer is, maybe it can be done but you would have to use cameras to see if any other cars were in the area. But then again, don't the automated signals use sensor wires in the buried in the street? Why couldn't AI be used to decide that there is no other traffic so that it can switch to a green light for the one car sitting there waiting?

 

Cost and safety/regulatory concerns.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ryan said:

idk but download emerson for google and tell me that ai is dumb

 

So, Chat GPT which this emerson is just a frontend for is very impressive but not flawless, and it's not something you would use for traffic lights control.

  • Thumb Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use